Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:55:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C & C visit Canada in May  (Read 7725 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:34 pm »

Peter Hunt ‏ @BBCPeterHunt  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Charles and Camilla in Canada in May. Blink and you might miss them. 3 provinces in 3 days. #DiamondJubilee #royal

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:51 pm »

I still think going to Canada after the Doolittles was a bad mistake.It just allows the press to make comparisons between the visits.I hope they get a warm welcome.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »

They had already visited and they didn't have a walm welcome. I think they don't want a repeat and second they do not want comparisons.

Their visit has been greeted in a surprisingly downbeat manner by the Canadian media, with one Newfoundland newspaper highlighting the fact that large swathes of stadium where the couple enjoyed an official welcome ceremony featuring Inuit dancers on Monday night were 'painfully' empty.
Many of the country's 30 million-strong population - who still have the Queen as their head of state - have expressed indifference to the trip, which has been designed to strengthen ties between Britain and one of its last remaining  sovereign realms.
A recent poll conducted by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has revealed only one in five people saying they would make an effort to see Charles even if he was nearby.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224994/Chilly-reception-Charles-Camila-notably-crowd-greets-Canada-tour.html#ixzz1tXny3aKO

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »

thankyou for the article , but why return ?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »

Diamond Jubilee trip.

It doesn't matter the kind of reception they get, they have to visit the countries. Although I think that is why Charles hasn't visited Australia until this year (with Camilla) and the Cambs visited Canada first instead of Australia.

They may get a better reception this year or it will awful compared to last year's. However, if they are only there for three days they mustn't have much hope for that.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:24:39 am »

I still think going to Canada after the Doolittles was a bad mistake.It just allows the press to make comparisons between the visits.I hope they get a warm welcome.

I hope, if only for the sake of decency, that the two get a welcome just out of courtesy and politeness. It's not like it hasn't been two decades (practically) since Diana died and I am sure that Canadians are perfectly courteous in that area.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

Camilla to put it mildly is not a universally beloved figure. I know I wouldn't show up if she appeared on my corner doing an appearance.  I don't think some would want to be hypocrites and pretend to "like her" but unless Canada goes Republic they will be stuck with them.  Camilla did get into the family in a very unorthodox way to put it gently.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »

Tories blasted over $1-million ‘bread and circuses’ royal tour

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/tories-blasted-over-1-million-bread-and-circuses-royal-tour/article2417917/

how can the cambs' trip be so much less expensive than C&C?

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

C&C will probably pack their three days with engagements while the Cambridges spread it out  dontknow
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 10:31:36 pm »

But still it doesn't make sense  huh

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »

The Cambridges attended a large event that already took place , so no cost there  and lets not forget they travelled in a small group.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:06 pm »

Charles is renowned for taking private jets etc which being three days is probably only way to fit all in. The Dolittles went BA (allegedly). It does seem very insensitive to lumber the Canadians with this visit Jubilee or no Jubillee.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »

What is BA?

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »

British Airways
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »

They went on private jet to Canada no?

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/general-view-of-the-royal-canadian-air-force-plane-carrying-news-photo/117705403

Same when they went to the US.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:56 pm »

POW 11 day's in '09 = 1.7mil
Cambs 10 day's in '11 = 1.2mil

Both are expensive of course but keep in mind that POW had one day more and he travels with a lot more staff and with more comfort (chartered plane rather then linear line etc)
I doubt that a three-day trip won't be anywhere near this sum of expenses. (at least I hope so for the poor Canadians!)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 10:56:53 pm »

Interesting. I am sure the official line was by BA but now you mention it you are correct the Canadians paid flights out but then they went to LA so it was this leg that was allegedly scheduled flights.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »

@Akasha that happens when you don't read well the articles, I thought they meant that this trip would be 1.7m.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:59 pm »

Logically thinking, it's kinda hard to put a exact price tag on a trip that has yet to happen, my dear! laugh
Don't worry bout it, I think they did it on purpose to confuse readers hug

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:32 pm »

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1176844--royal-tour-2012-charles-and-camilla-to-enjoy-victoria-day-in-toronto#.T62JqayX9uo.twitter

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: