Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 04:36:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The hair-raising inside story of Kate's wedding day  (Read 4981 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: April 29, 2012, 12:54:07 am »

The hair-raising inside story of Kate's wedding day... by the men behind that unforgettable look

It was on November 16, 2010, that hairdresser James Pryce’s career took an unexpected turn and his life, as he knew it, changed for good.

The 34-year-old Londoner was working as a senior stylist at the Richard Ward salon just off Sloane Street when he received a call from a senior adviser to Prince William and Kate Middleton.

They asked if he could go to Clarence House as soon as possible – an announcement was imminent and Kate would be making a television appearance.

The request, he was told, came directly from Miss Middleton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2136686/The-hair-raising-inside-story-Kates-wedding-day--men-unforgettable-look.html#ixzz1tNlvRQph

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:00:49 am »

Hair Wars!

[/URL]
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:20:43 am »

laugh

Hairdryers at dawn  tehe

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:21:23 am »

^ easter-lol

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:15 pm »

Didn't the press tell us breathlessly for weeks and days that KATE'S DOING HER OWN HAIR FOR THE WEDDING, because she's so down to earth?  bored3

Her hair looked crappy, it was stiff, dry looking, it looked like it was matting together, curls messy and glued down bangs, worse hairstyle for her face with a tiara. imo

[/URL]
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »

Ofcourse this comment gets red arrowed but it's the truth.
I used to think quite a lot of these two before they married now I can't stand the sight of them. She's so work-shy spending most of last year on holiday and then wheeled out quickly before people got too angry and he comes across as a sulky brat who was shown on video on the DM website insulting people he had just met. I still don't understand why they had to have such an enormous wedding when they could have got married at Windsor privately. They had been dating for 8 years and I hardly think she was a blushing v1rgin. This country could not afford it. Now we have to pay for the huge apartment in Kensington when we had been led to believe they were living in Anglesey. I did wonder how long Little Miss Kings Road would put up with that.
- Harriet , Surrey UK, 29/4/2012 22:27
Click to rate     Rating   117

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2136686/Royal-Wedding-anniversary-Hair-raising-inside-story-Kate-Middletons-big-day.html#ixzz1tXACqixc

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »

I didn' mention it before, but it is pretty rude to call them up and order them to style her hair without really giving any notice.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:38 pm »

^That's because she has no sense of Other People and zero social graces.  I'm the one still waiting for a wedding gift thank you, remember.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »

It's quite rude but she might've just found out that morning that Wills was going to make the announcement.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:02:01 pm »

No way; Kate had to have known when it was going ot be announced, mainly because she had a spiffy outfit and she looked completely prepared. She could have had the palace (William's office really) ask ahead of time to be there to prep a royal for an upcoming engagement. How could she not know?

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:35 pm »

^Yes, but there's a good chance that she bought the dress after they got engaged, for when the announcement would be made.  Remember, they were engaged for a couple of weeks before they told everybody.  It would have been very easy for her to buy a new dress, but to call up the hairdresser to make a special appointment?  That would have tipped off more than a few warning bells if it had gotten out.

Didn't the press tell us breathlessly for weeks and days that KATE'S DOING HER OWN HAIR FOR THE WEDDING, because she's so down to earth?  bored3

Her hair looked crappy, it was stiff, dry looking, it looked like it was matting together, curls messy and glued down bangs, worse hairstyle for her face with a tiara. imo

I agree. Her hair looked like one of those "What you shouldn't do with your hair on your wedding day" styles.  It was way too stiff, didn't flatter her at all, and it didn't look like her.  I think she should have first set her hair in large curlers, to give it volume, then put it in a low ponytail,and secured with a barette. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 11:49:13 pm »

I also think she needed volumne, and show the front  up a bit more using the tiara in the hair more, not so smashed down it took away from the pretty tiara and her hair too. I thought she was going to have a beautiful half up, half down hair style, with a bit of volumne on top piled in a chignon .....

....but I get the feeling Pr.William wanted Kate relatively plain.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:00:55 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

I agree SG.  I don't think William likes the idea of being overshadowed, even on his wedding day.  I understand that William is the heir, and Kate's job is ultimately to support him, but for her wedding day William should have been happy to let her shine. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:44 am »

There is no way that she didn't know about this interview because they had to approve it.  Even if it was just PW approving it, any interview/reporting team has a hair dresser, which she could have used.  It's ridiculous.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

It would have been very easy for her to buy a new dress, but to call up the hairdresser to make a special appointment?  That would have tipped off more than a few warning bells if it had gotten out.

At that point, the whole thing was one massive surprise and it was so last minute that I am sure that it would have been managable if something had been thought up. Already the Palace denied it for the millionth time and the Palace was becoming entirely credible.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »

Kate probably had Issa, Richard Ward, makeup artists and everyone on call for years for this event. Carole probably had a bat phone installed in the Berkshire  house that sent up a Bat signal to everyone Kate would need for her appearance on engagement day.  2joy Carole making lovepotion for Wills interview queeny

[/URL]
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

I think that the story about the engagement was made up. The story of them getting engaged in Africa was too similar to how Harry's friend had proposed to his fiancé: he carried around the ring for weeks in the knapsack and was afraid he'd lose it. I think that he sprung this engagement on Waity the last minute as if he became spooked by something. He should realize that whatever he's trying to hide will definitely come out.
She looked very dry and hard on her wedding day, imo. There wasn't a glow or any femanism from her.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »

I also think Kate looked drained and not glowing on her big day.  The hair was flat and lacked interest, and yet again they have to re-make another "isn't she wonderful" and "aren't we lucky to be graced by her presence articles".
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 10:59:58 pm »

i think her hair should be up

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 05:13:26 am »

^Amen.  Up, back (chignon) or cut.  The End.

She's just Goldilocks and immature with it the way it is now.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: