Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 08:56:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside The Royal Wedding Hotel  (Read 2561 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: December 14, 2010, 01:52:41 pm »

See Prince William and Kate Middleton Migt Hold their wedding reception

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/inside-royal-wedding-hotel-prince-william-kate-middleton/story?id=12387056

[
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 02:12:37 pm »

and also  see photos.. same the abcnews link

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/slideshow/photos-inside-royal-wedding-hotel-12384550

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:37:57 pm »

Does the stupid press even TRY? The reception will be held at one of the palaces, not at a hotel like some celebrity!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »

Katie Nicholl wrote an article I posted in another thread, mentioning having a breakfast for wedding guests at the hotel. I was thinking the breakfast would occur the following day, not the morning of the actual wedding, as that's what's done by my family the morning after any of our big formal celebrations. Maybe the media misunderstood the breakfast idea!? However, I think while taking over the hotel is a positive to make guests feel secure, offering it up to only close friends and family, whom could have other accommodation in proximity, is exorbitant. Kate's family could stay at the flat in Chelsea, etc. ... This move just makes a joke out of the whole "nod to austerity" and  the assertion of paring down the festivities in considration of the current socioeconomic climate of the majority. I think it shows Kate is trying to dissociate herself and her family from the average, ordinary commoner, with an arrogant show of wealth & privilege. ...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:09:09 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 05:25:29 pm »

She wants her family to stay there, is how I read the KN article.

I too think it is an unnecessary expense at £350 a night.

Also in the photos, does number 4 show a sheep at the bottom of the bed or am I imagining things?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »

She wants her family to stay there, is how I read the KN article.

Well, her family best be paying for it; or Uncle Gary will and that's how he got the invite. The Palace won't be paying for it and I hope the taxpayers won't be footing the bill.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:06 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337859/Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-pictures-Touching-embrace-shows-love.html

At the bottom for the hotel story mentioned above

William and Kate hope to take over a five-star hotel for their wedding weekend – at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds.
They are in talks to hire the Goring Hotel, which is 400 yards from Buckingham Palace, where their reception will be held after the wedding on Friday, April 29.
Kate is particularly keen for her family and the couple’s friends who are travelling to London to be somewhere close to the Palace.

DrWonderWoman
courtier

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:56:57 pm »

Of course Kate wants it, that does not mean it should happen and certainly not at palace or taxpayer expense. The same goes for a lot of things. For a so called low key wedding she surely is going to great lengths to make it as lavish as possible. I fail to see where the "low key" part is at? 
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »

You can 'reserve' a hotel, but don't the guests, including the father and mother of the groom pay for their own stay?  I looked at the pricing and it's pretty dam# high (1350 for a suite!).  Some intimate, sensitive-to-the-economic-climate indeed.  I can't believe she's really foolish enough to do this and, even moreso, expecting the UK taxpayers to foot the bill.  She does like things fancy, tho, doesn't she?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:10:54 pm »

William and Kate hope to take over a five-star hotel for their wedding weekend – at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds. They are in talks to hire the Goring Hotel, which is 400 yards from Buckingham Palace, where their reception will be held after the wedding on Friday, April 29. Kate is particularly keen for her family and the couple’s friends who are travelling to London to be somewhere close to the Palace.

AN ENTIRE HOTEL!!!!?huh Have they gone mad? What about the other guests who already have reservations, will they be thrown out?

She and her family have do be nutters if they think that taking over an entire hotel is something smart and it's not possible! There will be other people who want ot stay there and frankly a five star hotel? For what? Don't the Midds have a London townhouse? Why not stay there? I really don't understand it.

Maybe they are pondering this because the Midds don't feel welcome at the Palace? I mean, if they are staying there because of overnight traveling, if it's on thier bill, okay. But if someone else has to pay for it, can't they just camp out somewhere else? If the taxpayers are footing the bill and this is found out, there will be riots at the wedding and I don't see the police even wanting to hold them back.

Are they literally BEGGING to have the people attack them? this is like bearbaiting.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

If I am paying for the hotel I am staying there too.  sauer

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 11:26:53 pm »

^^  laugh  easter-lol
didn't know you were a midds sweety!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:40 pm »

screaming call me a Midds again  sauer I dare you  WilliamKate

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 05:44:17 pm »

I do NOT want to pay a penny for this sham of a marriage! My family has it hard enough without the government making us pay for this wedding and everyone knows it will end in divorce anyway.
- Maria, London, 14/12/2010 21:00

God help us all now that this undignified female is becoming a part of the british royal family. I never quite warmed up to her. There's just something off about her. I feel really sorry for William. He's going to have a lot of troubles with this young woman. God bless him because he will need it.
- Charlene, London, UK, 14/12/2010 20:54

To all those who say the British taxpayer won't be paying for the wedding, actually we will - the security and policing of the event, putting up members of other royal households and their security, the clean up, the wedding present from 'the government', the cars ferrying notables to and from the event and on and on..

That is before we even start to talk about her once the ring is on the finger. I think it is easy to be enthusiastic when you aren't footing a hefty portion of the bill via taxes and I am sure many think it is just peachy William is getting hitched and Waity Katie finally got her man after doggedly clinging on for dear life for nearly 9 years but the 'warm glow' from these photos are no comfort to men and women who are worried sick about being able to pay their bills or whether they will be able to give their kids a nice Christmas present or if they will have a job to go back to in the new year.
- Liz, London, 14/12/2010 01:16

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 05:55:34 pm »

Fascinating, KF.  I heartily agree that anyone outside of the UK has little or no right to be all ga-ga over this wedding since we're not footing the bill.  Quite true.  And it will grow and grow and grow.

I'm sort of in a hurry.  Is there ANY word from the RF or HRH about any of this outrage?  And, is it pretty much the majority?  What's your take on the pulse of that? 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »

Nothing I know of yet; no news of the Privy Council meeting. I'm sure that when more lose thier jobs and have time to watch this travesty, there will be a grassroots groundswell of rage. Poeple will have time to read up, will see KAte flaunting her couture and jewels, while reading about the VIP lifestyle while others starve.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »

^ It is Kate's wedding day, hopefully the only one she'll ever have, and I don't begrudge her a beautiful couture gown and use of the royal jewels, if she's so inclined. However, I think such should be tempered with modesty & restraint. Yet all signs point to an obscene display of pomp & circumstance that is sure to cause resentment. I've ideas about how to make this day taseful, elegant, and moderate, so as to be acceptable to all. Yet I'm not going to share those since this day is supposed to be a reflection of the bride & groom. Both looking to have an obscene show right about now, no matter how much the royal aides try to deny such!~ sly
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:53:52 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »

Sounds like the courtiers are back at stage one; they make the rules, the royals ignore them; they set up a perfect way to get good public approval, the royal decides to do soemthing else; the courtiers announce cutbacks to the ceremony and now WK are planning ot set her family up at a lavish hotel.

I really don't get why the courtiers bother anymore with the RF.

All signs point to an obscene display of pomp & circumstance that is sure to cause resentment.

Especially after Januray when the economy fully collapses and then, go figure, April will be a spring where rage springs up because of the lavish wedding and then the fact that many are going to go into Easter with no money and likely in massive cases, no home. Seeing a lavish wedding will trigger not goodwill, but a lot of suppressed rage seeking a focus and an outlet. The royals, being the usual scapegoats, will end up with even more blame. This may be the only wedding she will ever have, but lets be frank and face that it would be better to put it off or end up not putting her family up in a hotel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: