Royal Gossip
December 11, 2017, 07:34:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US political news II  (Read 35577 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:09 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/22/obama-defends-controversial-comments-about-uk-vote-on-eu-exit.html?intcmp=hplnws

“The E.U. has helped to spread British values and practices across the continent,” Obama said, adding that “the single market brings extraordinary economic benefits to the United Kingdom.”

He cast a grim picture of the economic stakes, saying flatly that the U.S. would not rush to write a free trade deal with a newly independent Great Britain.

Obama described the votes as potentially damaging to the British economy. He said the U.S. is focused on writing a massive trade agreement with the European Union and would not prioritize a bilateral agreement with the UK. Britain would have to get "in the back of the queue," he said.

Blackmail.  Always a wise int'l diplomacy.  Yikes, he's off the hinge on this one.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
marion
Duchess

« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2016, 04:03:42 pm »

Things not going too well for Obama - fresh from bullying and threatening the UK over trade deals if we leave the EU Germany is telling him to get s*****d
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/24/eu-us-trade-deal-will-fail-us-refuses-concessions-german-minister/

marion
Duchess

« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:18 pm »

With all due respect to our American friends here - I just wish our President would go home and Shut The F... up.  If he wants our cooperation perhaps he should stop bullying and threatening us.

My Grandmother , who was a wise women if ever I knew one, use to tell my sister and I that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar - although we cold never understand why she, or anyone come to that,  would want to catch a fly !!!  Could one of our American friends here please pass the message to your President.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/23/president-obama-is-wrong-about-the-eu-and-what-brexit-will-mean/
Val
Princess

« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »

More brilliant observations by Sarah

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/bb/item/1061701-jeb-the-presidents-george-bushes-not-cruzing-with-acceptance-over-trump-thump
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2016, 07:25:39 pm »

Ha!   Hilarious.   The Bushes and the Clintons are having difficulty recognizing their time in power is over.   Ted is having difficulty realizing that this is as close as he'll ever get to power and now all the members of the senate who *despise* him are going to make his life miserable.   They are a sad bunch and sore losers and disrespectful of the American voters.   
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:00 am »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-idUSKCN0YG21Z

Politics | Wed May 25, 2016 5:29pm EDT Reuters

Hillary Clinton broke government rules by using a private email server without approval for her work as U.S. secretary of state, an internal government watchdog said on Wednesday.

The report concluded that Clinton would not have been allowed to use the server in her home had she asked the department officials in charge of information security. The report said that staff who later raised concerns were told to keep quiet. Several suspected hacking attempts in 2011 were never reported to department information security officials, in breach of department rules, it said.

The inspector general's office examined email record-keeping under five secretaries state, both Democratic and Republican. John Kerry, the current officeholder, and predecessors Madeline Albright, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice all agreed to speak to the inspector general's investigators. Clinton was the only one who declined to be interviewed, as did her aides.

The report contradicted Clinton's repeated assertion that her server was allowed and that no permission was needed.

Several other inquiries continue, including a U.S. Justice Department investigation into whether the arrangement broke laws.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:27 am »

Anthony Weiner sexted busty brunette while his son was in bed with him

Anthony Weiner poses with his son in this kinky shot he sent to the latest object of his online lust.

This is baby-sitting — Anthony Weiner-style.

While his wife, Huma Abedin, travels the country campaigning for Hillary Clinton, the disgraced ex-congressman has been sexting with a busty brunette out West — and even sent her a lurid crotch shot with his toddler son in the picture, The Post has learned.
http://nypost.com/2016/08/28/anthony-weiner-sexted-busty-brunette-while-his-son-was-in-bed-with-him/

Anthony Weiner caught in another sext scandal: report

Weiner, the Congressman who resigned from office after pursuing women on Twitter and sending lewd photographs of himself, is in the spotlight again for all the wrong reasons.

While his wife, Huma Abedin, is off campaigning for former secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the New York Post reported Weiner has been sexting another woman — at one point posting a raunchy selfie with his 4-year-old son in the background.

The Post published the selfie, which shows Weiner with a bulge wearing only white boxer briefs. His son is lying next to him in a green blanket. The tabloid also shared screenshots of the pair's exchanges, which began in late January 2015 after Weiner direct messaged her on Twitter. Their conversations continued through earlier this month.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/29/anthony-weiner-caught-another-sext-scandal/89526640/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2016, 01:53:33 am »

To be filed under "D'uh!"

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-healthcare-premiums-20161024-snap-story.html

Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Obama's healthcare law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That will stoke another Obamacare controversy days before a presidential election.

Before taxpayer-provided subsidies, premiums for a midlevel benchmark plan will increase an average of 25% across the 39 states served by the federally run online market, according to a report from the Department of Health and Human Services. Some states will see much bigger jumps, others less.

Moreover, about 1 in 5 consumers will only have plans from a single insurer to pick from, after major national carriers such as UnitedHealth Group, Humana and Aetna scaled back their roles.

"Consumers will be faced this year with not only big premium increases but also with a declining number of insurers participating, and that will lead to a tumultuous open enrollment period," said Larry Levitt, who tracks the healthcare law for the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.

The comments, even in the ultra-liberal LA Times, are scathing.  This is not good.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2016, 02:21:41 pm »

Brain break!

US History Quiz:

http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/16946/qidx1

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #349 on: October 25, 2016, 02:40:47 pm »

92% and Uncle Sam is impressed.     celebration

I didn't know the Transcontinental Railroad question and I coulda sworn that Smokey was the oldest park.  I think I was confusing it with the Appalachian Mountain chain is one of the oldest in the world.   
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »

^Good for you, yay!!   flower  I missed Patrick Henry!!  Stupid mistake but 98%.  Yellowstone I knew because that was beaten into me by my dad who went there all the time but I am ashamed to say I've never been there.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #351 on: December 07, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

https://livestream.com/nww2m/events/6495672

Live stream from US National WWII Museum official website of the 75th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor memorial held today.  Starts now or soon, I believe, based on Hawaii time.

Never mind.  Here is the recording of the events:

https://livestream.com/nww2m/events/6495672/videos/143750894

DOD video (more pizazz)

http://www.defense.gov/Video
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:30:51 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2017, 06:28:32 pm »

Well, the Daily Mail is stoking the fire under the story of the NFL and NBA players who choose to show disrespect to our anthem.  It's now spreading from football [USA football] to basketball to soccer to baseball.  And the owners are joining in.    Of course, these owners are not connecting the dots to the fall in ratings of last season after this all started.   Or the tightening the belt and firings at ESPN.  And they are not understanding the mind of the average American.   It will become clear, soon enough.    wopedo
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2017, 08:22:40 pm »

I am so fed up with this. This is our national anthem, which is not political.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #354 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:31 pm »

I love football.  Always have but I have chosen not to tune in now.  It’s idiotic and downright stupid.  For those players who refuse to stand because they associate it with the Civil War, pick up a book.  It was written during the War of 1812.  So dumb.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:07 pm »

You know, Trump shouldn't be worrying about this; North Korea has clearly and openly declared war and Trump should be focused on that. As for Otto Warmbier, I am glad that Obama did not work with North Korea to get Otto released. Kim Jong-Un can't be reasoned with and he can't be threatened.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:51 pm »

^Perhaps but I’m certain Otto’s parents feel differently.  They at least got to say goodbye and bury their son.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2017, 11:08:54 pm »

I truly hope our youth wise up; we're currently living in a world where the realities of the wider world are coming in and at this point there's no excuse to be stupid.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2017, 11:17:35 pm »

Otto was incredibly naive and foolish, as were his parents.  However, he did not deserve the horrific torture he underwent, and the NK's returned him to the US so that their handiwork could be seen.  As a threat?  An act of war? 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2017, 12:33:54 am »

The horror they inflicted on him was shown as a statement, nothing else; their way of showing that they are not to be trifled with.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: