Royal Gossip
June 20, 2018, 08:54:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US political news II  (Read 41949 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2017, 11:57:05 am »

thumbsup good to hear you're working on it.
You know this reminds me of nyc in the 80ies, are there many gang related issues?
I can imagine Mexican cartels taking over a block or two in the hoods.
Perhaps trumps 'borderwall' isnt the craziest idea (never thought I'd say that.. blink)

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2017, 01:36:57 pm »

^The gangs in Mexico are a horror show and how they've tarnished beautiful Mexico is so sad.  But, yes, the gangs are responsible for the majority of violence coming across the border.  Some from Mexico, some from Central America.  (Check out M13 if you like).  Add to that the drug epidemic in cities like San Diego now and you've got a ghastly situation.  The city has changed drastically in the last few years and not for the better, I'm sad to report.

It is true, the wall is needed in that part of our country right now but also along with a much better immigration policy and coordination of efforts between the local and federal authorities.  And added agents. Even some of the most diehard liberals realize that this is not a Trump issue but a social experiment gone wrong.  Disliking the new administration and fighting against its policies has not decreased the systemic violence, debt and drug-related problems.  Let's just go with that.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: