Royal Gossip
December 11, 2018, 10:54:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranting,Rants get it all out!  (Read 41292 times)
HC
Countess

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:39 pm »

Great news, I'll cheer for the Orca act.

I really *despise* circus. Tigers and elephants doing idiotic tricks or people putting their lives at risk in a trapez -, grown men in a clown costume - no thanks.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »

I've never been to a zoo because the only time we decided to go it rained.

Now I'm happy that I've never been.

I also do not like the aquariums anymore, especially for big animals it is quite cruel. Hope the California law makes other places rethink about this.

@Iothwen I do not think that it is easy to find someone you can connect with. So at least you had the luck to found someone like that. Maybe he will come back soon or you will find you do not like him after all.  flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:56 pm »

Girafs say good bye to Mario.
Mario is dying of cancer and wanted to say goodbye to the animals he has cared for. The animals recognised him and a giraf kissed him goodbye.

http://www.bt.dk/udland/giraf-kysser-doeende-zoo-arbejder-farvel
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2014, 01:38:17 am »

The blood slaughtering zoo is at it again this really is beyond abuse barbaric it should be shut down!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/25/danish-copenhagen-zoo-kills-four-lions-marius-giraffe

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:10 am »

^That's beyond cruel. 

My rant is over one of about 8 fire alarms that are in my house but the one built into the wall and over 15 feet up near the ceiling that is beeping only when I sit down and I can't reach it with a ladder so I've been beating it with a broomstick which is meaningless but I have no idea what to do with it!!!!!    sauer sauer sauer

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2014, 07:09:41 am »

Do any of your sons' live nearby?  Maybe you should bribe one of them to come over and take a look at it?

My rant is that my hometown is #3 on this list of "Most Miserable Cities" and yet, having lived outside of this town, I really think some people need to take a chill pill on some of the things they complain about. 

https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/gallery-america-s-most-miserable-cities-slideshow/

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2014, 07:22:15 am »

I am going to be upfront and say that I dislike stay at home mothers. It's not that they are demons (although their empty spaces where their brains should be would make a perfect vessel for possession), but that they view raising kids as a job, a hard job, instead of something they enjoy doing. First, you agreed to get pregnant and have the little spud. Second, you wouldn't have that huge house if your husband weren't paying for it and working like a fiend to be able to afford it.

These are the women who can't understand why their idiot teen ends up committing a crime, bullying someone, or ends up drunk driving. They are also the ones who like to 'raise awareness' of realities that others are fully aware of thought "Mommy Blogging" and various other stuff, like drunk driving. They have all the time in the world, but choose to ship their kids off to summer camp, school during the day, and then decide to declare the importance of holy motherhood all day.

First, if your husband makes enough to afford a huge house and support a family, you should be homeschooling your kids and giving them the best education possible. Not farming them out to substandard education and then teaching their little precious Polly how to land a man and terrorize the other girls. If I ever get married to a man who wants to be the sole breadwinner (and I wont'), I wont' farm my kids to the public schools, I'll be teaching them at home and on my own time.

Second, the minute you quit, your husband will likely reach a breaking point, that will end in divorce; you might get something, but these days most women don't get much. You have got to plan for your own life. Third, most men will cheat if you don't maintain your looks; you have all day, look a lot more presentable. Don't look like a slob (never wear sweatpants) and do not gain too much weight. You have time on your hands, maintain yourself and your looks for your breadwinner's sake.

Now, the real inkling I got towards resentment was the 9-11 upper class housewives who got a huge chunk of change, but were completely ungrateful. They complained that the amount they got was only a few year's salary. Of course, it never occurred to them that they should downscale their lives and start getting back into the workforce and it's not like they wouldn't be able to afford school for themselves and selling the house would have netted them a lot as well.

How on earth do housewives get fat anyway? There are good meats they can buy and there are a lot of fresh vegetables. It's not like it's impossible to find good fruit as well that can have a mild laxative effect and help melt that fat away. With all that time, why not exercise? Housework isn't majorly time consuming, not these days and frankly husbands need intimacy, but these women are uninterested after they gain the ring and ten extra pounds. Lazy wenches, all of them.

Lastly, I dislike their smug "I am holy and good because I managed to get a nice wallet" sanctimonious patronizing of people they deem beneath them. They aren't good because they got a supportive husband, they are lucky, that is all. That ring they gained could have easily gone towards someone else with them slogging away at some low end job (something that can still happen after the divorce) and tired of how they deliberately evade any adult responsibility in any area.

There is no way that housework takes more than just a few hours and realistically, after the kids start being trained in housework, they will end up having even more time on their hands. Once the kids are sixteen, even more time is granted to them, so why on earth is there any real work? Men do housework in their apartments before they marry and so technically should women and so men know it's not that big of a deal/chore/drama.

Becoming a housewife is basically obsolete and the majority of the women who want a man to pay their way should just become a mistress. All they're good for. I'm really surprised that it still stands in this time; women who have careers are not harlots and a lot of women killing their spouses are housewives who want money.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2014, 07:36:41 am »

Wow.

My sister is a stay at home mom with her three children, while her husband works at a job where he barely makes over minimum wage. 

They got married when she was 20 and he was 21, and they were both in the Air Force.  Their first child was born when she was 27, and she was still in the Air Force. My brother-in-law had gotten out a couple of years earlier, and was working for a landscaping company.  After my sister turned 28, she "retired" from the Air Force, and she and her husband moved to Tennessee to be closer to his family.  She then had my niece, who was born in December of 2012, and then her youngest was born just this last January (neither pregnancy was planned, and she is now getting surgery done to make sure she doesn't have any more kids.)

They don't live in a big house.  They live in a rental.  They both drive used vehicles.  My sister went to school and has her Bachelor's Degree, and will be going back for her Master's Degree.

So how dare you say that stay at home mothers have "empty spaces where their brains should be" and just assume that all stay at home mothers have husbands who have a lot of money?

Most of the time, women stay home with their children because daycare is too expensive.  Most of the time, it costs a minimum of $500 a month for childcare, and most of the time it is much more than that.   A lot of times it comes down to the mom working just so she can pay for daycare, and it's not worth it to some moms.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2014, 08:18:44 am »

I'm not tlaking about women who actually are wives and actual mothers, I'm talking about the suburban women.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2014, 12:34:16 pm »

Being a stay at home mother is a life choice. It's not a life choice that I would have wanted but I appreciate that for some women it is a life choice.

When you make a life choice you have to accept that there are some aspects that will not work in your favour, For example, income in retirement will be effected if you have not worked since having children.

lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2014, 03:36:03 pm »

Kuei Fei, you said in your original post that you disliked stay at home mothers.  Now you're saying you didn't actually mean real stay at home wives and mothers, but what does that even mean?  Women who live in suburban areas who stay at home with their children probably do so for the same reason women in urban areas do. 

I'm sorry, but you made a generalization about a certain sect of people, and that's something that I have an issue with.  Do you even know any women who are stay at home moms?

HC
Countess

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2014, 04:46:51 pm »

^That's beyond cruel. 

My rant is over one of about 8 fire alarms that are in my house but the one built into the wall and over 15 feet up near the ceiling that is beeping only when I sit down and I can't reach it with a ladder so I've been beating it with a broomstick which is meaningless but I have no idea what to do with it!!!!!    sauer sauer sauer

I went to a dinner once. The firealarm beeped every 5 minutes due to lack of battery. My hosts were older people and they didn't hear the constant beeping. At the end of the evening I got new batteries in the damn thing.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2014, 05:00:38 pm »

^It drove me batty until I finally gave it a good whack with the right tool last night.   None of my sons around so I'm going to have to drag the snow removal guy in and have him change the battery.  This means, of course, that they all need it.  Smoke alarms are important but somebody should make a better mousetrap here.  That's a little scary that the older people couldn't hear it.  I thought it hit your inner ear drum.

Also, I'm an idiot with my digital clocks and the time changed while I was gone so I'm all screwed up looking in manuals for everything.  Rant!!!!!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2014, 05:01:19 pm »

KF I understand your opinion. If you have kids you should enjoy them, although it isn't always easy.
My sister is a 'housewife', not because of the children but simply because she doens't want to work. The eldest goes to secondary school next school year and the other one will be in the last grade of primary school. She used to bring up the kids as an excuse, but the kids are old enough now, but she still won't search for work. It's annoying, because she can't afford a lot for the kids, but expect us (especially grandpa) to buy things for them.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2014, 05:28:49 pm »

^
It's like they have made the life choices but still have a sense of entitlement.
HC
Countess

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »

I think feminism is equel opportunities for men and women.

As such there should be free daycare, because if the daycare is too expensive one of the parents have to give up working.

And we all know that it is not a solution that one is rich and one stay at home. 50 pct end up divorced. The typical scenario is the husbond cheating and marrying the young secretary. Then the wife finds herself at the age of 40 without any work experience, without any work and children leaving the nest.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2014, 07:14:48 pm »

^In my case, I did the mother/housewife/work triad in all manner of ways.  Home schooled one child, worked full time for a good portion, stayed home when they were older and contracted work and for me it boils down to using your education and being responsible for your own way. That goes for both sexes.  If I hadn't, I'd have been in big trouble after my husband died.

Frankly, I was envious of women who could stay home.  Depending upon the situation and how many children there are, running a home can be a big job. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2014, 05:16:47 am »

I myself, I plan on working and maintaining a private business on my own so I can give my kid priority. This is why I'm working like a fiend all the time and worked hard during my twenties (supposedly prime breeding years). There's nothing wrong with working through your twenties and certainly, it helped me avoid making several major mistakes in relationships. A home business with occasional trips and it'll help me work around my kid's needs and they'll know that Mommy wants them for who they are, not just as a ticket reason to stay at home. Any husband I have in the future will appreciate a wife who won't begrudge them baby time and if hubby wants to come home and watch the kiddos for several days, I'll be all for it.

KF I understand your opinion. If you have kids you should enjoy them, although it isn't always easy.
My sister is a 'housewife', not because of the children but simply because she doens't want to work. The eldest goes to secondary school next school year and the other one will be in the last grade of primary school. She used to bring up the kids as an excuse, but the kids are old enough now, but she still won't search for work. It's annoying, because she can't afford a lot for the kids, but expect us (especially grandpa) to buy things for them.

^
It's like they have made the life choices but still have a sense of entitlement.

It's the sense of entitlement; it's no longer wanting to be a wife and mother (as I hope to one day), but about making a big deal of it.

A lot of women who choose to do this act like they expect feminists to start persecuting them via burning them at the stake. They act as if they deserve a medal for their heroic choices and act like they expect to be persecuted or face persecution.

It's a choice, but not one that deserves an Olympic medal; they're not at all facing persecution that women who wanted to work faced.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »

Upper Michigan is my vent today.  Nothing new there but this is beyond annoying.  I have been out of the country and my car was fully charged before I left, I had someone start it up once a week, but the cold was too much for it even in a somewhat heated garage.  My battery is DEAD and I have to get to the doc.  Not happening and I called Mercedes and there is no one, NO DEALER, who can replace the battery in the entire UP and not damage my warranty. Chicago is the closest and that's a full day/night drive but how does one get there with a dead battery?!!!!!

Luckily, I know the good people at San Diego Mercedes and she said she'd wave a new battery if I do it myself but not with a licensed mechanic; it will show up on the records.  So, when I get back to SD, it'll be fine but I've wasted all day messing with this because it's the end of the blasted world and the winter will never end and a winter storm alert is on the horizon so we'll see if I can get the heck out of here tomorrow or Monday - Monday might work.  So sick of the weather affecting my every day life.  It's ridiculous.

thank u.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2014, 01:47:35 am »

Emma Watson: This woman is getting on my nerves with her asinine pronouncements about the evils of the fashion industry and I am sick of her being held up as a paragon of womanhood. She got lucky with Harry Potter and could have just as easily lost that chance. She isn't smart; she isn't different than most students and the only reason she's held up as a holy paragon is because she is an actress who hasn't gotten a tattoo or as far as anyone knows, acted out inappropriately. I get it: she's drug and tarting around free, but that does not make her some kind of role model.

She shows plenty of skin and I don't think she's above the casting couch. She is an actress. She's not unique and there are plenty of non-celebrity young women who are drug and alcohol free who live clean lives and actually go through school without taking three breaks from university studies.

Her latest spouting off:

Emma Watson: Fashion perpetuates an image that’s ‘dangerously unhealthy’

Emma Watson has criticised the “dangerously unhealthy” image projected by the fashion industry and said the pressure to look perfect has taken its toll on her. The actor has also described her doomed attempts to merge into the background as a student at an American university, where she found herself being trailed everywhere by British photographers.

http://www.celebitchy.com/358387/emma_watson_fashion_perpetuates_an_image_thats_dangerously_unhealthy/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: