Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 09:39:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranting,Rants get it all out!  (Read 41618 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2014, 12:51:59 am »

^They're working on it!  We're supposed to get a foot more of snow starting tomorrow.  Not sure if it deeps as far south as you, tho.  Disgusting.  I made a dr appt a million years ago and it's tomorrow, of course, and on a dangerous road under good conditions, so I could just spit.  You can't plan for anything up in this arm of the world.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:15 pm »

I *despise* tiramisu.

Its all cream and soaked cookies. People talk about ladyfingers. Really - its only soaked cookies.

Last time I got tiramisu I pretended to have eaten it. Just put cream on my plate.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:01 pm »

I agree it is not the best to eat. tehe flower

I *despise* certain things going on in my life right now.... it really makes life so not worth living anymore... Angry This misery goes on and on and on it just won't end. thumbsdown

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2014, 10:11:01 pm »

^That's not a good feeling.   sorry to hear that.  It took a lot for me to shake myself out of seeing a frozen-winged and dead robin on my front lawn this morning.  Darn near broke my heart.  Poor little hopeful thing.  And I'd just seen it flying and chirping yesterday but we had a dip in the temp and, alas, too soon.  Now, I'm worried about a possible nest out there somewhere, so I've been a bit down today, too, just in general but went for a walk and am determined to see spring arrive!

Sending good thoughts to you, deG.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:50 pm »

Thank you YooperM... I need and certainly can use the good thoughts.  It's just the mess going on in my life still hasn't been resolved yet.  It kills me inside most of the time.  I've taken to stress exercising and I have lost weight and become more fierce.  Its just it goes on and on and on... 

I'm so sorry to hear about the bird please tell us if you find good news later.  It must have been a horrible shock to you.   hug  What a terrible way to start the morning.  I'll return the good vibes.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2014, 04:25:47 am »

I dislike wedding invitations which don't include a plus one.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2014, 05:16:48 am »

^Do people really do that?  That's inconsiderate of them.

^^  thankyou, you're sure doing all the right things by exercising and strengthening your body to combat stress.  You're setting a good example for me.  I even walked my 10k steps today but it's still not enough.  Yeah, it wasn't the nicest way to start the day but I'm having some mason work done because the blasted snow broke my inlaid tile fire pit and the men who came were so sweet and buried the little bird under my cherry tree.  So, that was nice.  Just a bummer.

My vent for today is at myself for not sending Reese's peanut butter cups in a  timely fashion to a friend and have dug into half a bag of them so away they go!  Comfort eating is one of my weaknesses.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2014, 05:40:19 am »

^
I have just had an invite that does not included a plus one. Some years ago I had a very embarrassing experience at the wedding of a friend who sent a single invite to me.

I vowed after that I would only go to weddings where I could take a plus one or where I knew a lot of people (family weddings).

I find that unless you are in a LTR then the invite will only be for yourself. Weddings are very expensive but people should realise how daunting these events can be if you don't know any of the other guests.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:10 am »

^Unfortunately, their minds may not necessarily be on each individual guests needs and comfort levels  hug

Here's my rant.  Back in 2005 I attended our local community college for one semester.  Later that year I moved to VA, and became a resident of that state.  I've since moved back to CA, and waited a year to establish residency here.  But, as it turns out, I wouldn't have needed to do that, except when the college imputed all of my information from 2005 into their new system, it listed me as having been an out-of-state student (even though at that time I had never lived outside of CA)

Okay, so I have to prove my residency.  Get them a copy of my driver's license, no problem.  Get them a copy of my state tax return?  Well guess who didn't print hers out because she figured she wouldn't need it?  Yep, that's right. So I have to mail my request, along with a copy of my driver's license, and a $20 money order, and hopefully it will all get here and I can establish residency with the college before summer classes start.  Angry nervous

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2014, 06:06:23 am »

YooperMod: Reeses were among my favourite comfort foods until I replaced all with stress eating carrot sticks and celery.  It sounds crazy but it works  laugh so less calories for me to consume and the stress exercising along with the veggies made me stop stress eating by approx.  99%.   blink  laugh easter-bunny 

I'm glad to hear the workers were kind to you... sometimes a little kindness and understanding can go a long way. 

Lothwen: good support to you I hope it all works out for you soon so you don't miss your summer schedule.  hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:27 am »

Broad spectrum group hug.  You guys are all just special people; no doubt about it.  Hi

^It's the winter, y'know, deG?!  When I'm in CA or anywhere else on earth but this endless snow pack, I don't get the comfort eating binge.  I surf, swim, walk, go to the gym, eat kale, ahi, but here?  This endless grey does me in.  BUT, I did buy good food yesterday so those extra pounds are going to go.  This place will not consume me (or the other way around - HA!) 

Awww, that's the saving grace here.  The people are the kindest most helpful people anywhere.  They just talk your ears off but he gave me a daddy hug and said everything will be ok with the robin but it was symbolic that the winter will never come and kills everything.  Bright way to look at it!  Oh boy.

@Lowthen - I'm with ya sistah.  I'm stuck in this godawful place to establish residency and know exactly your frustration.  I went to the local village office to pay my taxes and they'd never taken my name off as homesteading my house so I never had to come to this godforsaken place to begin with so I was all ticked off and cried... HOWEVER, the IRS looks at it differently so it's, well, endless.  I hope things work out for you and you get your status in a timely fashion.  One thing that might help is to go to your advisor at school and explain the situation.  Sometimes, they'll accept your application as a resident if you have copies of your letters and paperwork to the gov.  Just a thought.

As for the wedding invitation, there is NO excuse for not addressing any invitation as So-and-So and Guest.  The only way a person should ever do that is to include in the invitation that this reception is for intimate friends only but that should be used across the board and good luck to any bride and groom who can get away with it.  In this day and age there are far too many unknowns in a person's personal relationship and it's social suicide not to be considerate.  I did restrict my wedding invitation, tho, to say, "Please indicate how many adults will be attending".  No kids screaming at my reception, thank you very much.  I know, I know but not happening.

My vent for today?  We are getting another storm warning. That means WINTER storm warning.  Up to 8 more inches of the ghastly stuff is supposedly coming our way and people have lost their minds, yours truly included. 

lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2014, 05:47:25 am »

I was able to talk to the counselor in charge of changing residency and she said I could use my paycheck stubs because I've been at my job continuously for one year, so I'll be faxing those to her on Monday.

So my rant for today is about bathing suits.  Specifically, the tops.  The trend right now is for them to be either the "bandeau" style, or the "Triangle" style, neither of which is flattering when you've got a larger chest size.  Oh, and don't even get me started on the "push up" bra styles either

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

^This one's easy.  Be true to your own body and never be a slave to fashion.  Fashion. Style.  Two different animals.  Make yourself comfortable and know your body strengths.  Bathing suits are probably #1 on that Rule.  Good luck, tho.  Bathings suits are such a nightmare.  I gave up years ago and wear a rash guard and bikini bottoms.  To heck with it.  It's comfortable, keeps my body safe from the sun and scratches (I do snuba and body surf) and looks nice/different.

lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »

Thanks Yooper  thankyou

And I know that I should find things that flatter my shape, rather than just go with what's in style.  My issue was more that there weren't very many choices. But I think I'm going to see how the rash guard looks on me.  I already have a pair of black bikini bottoms.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:29:16 pm by lothwen » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2014, 05:49:39 pm »

^You're more than welcome and it's quite true that the manufacturers push certain styles without consideration.  The rash guard is a standard and very popular look in beach communities so it's a win/win.  Worth a try!  And they dry like a dream.  Try Nordstrom for the best quality and really not outrageous pricing unless you're near a surf shop.  flower

lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »

Unfortunately I am nowhere near either, so I may have to improvise and go to Kohls or JCPenny. 

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »

^You shouldn't have to pay much more than this:  http://www.amazon.com/Rip-Curl-Cloudbreak-Short-Sleeve/dp/B00D07U4PG/ref=zg_tr_2237741011_15  Actually, I like this white one now that I see it.  It would match everything.  They're made of a good thick material (or should be) so you don't require a bra but I do wear a bikini top under my rash guard to keep the 'girls' in place.

lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2014, 06:05:45 pm »

That's super cute.

I'll look around and see if I can find anything.  Sometimes they have things at places like TJ Maxx, or Ross.  I'm sure I'll find something.  I don't really need anything until June anyways, so I have time.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2014, 02:10:50 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622124/NINE-foot-tall-grizzly-bear-baggeed-Alaska-hunter-named-largest-killed.html
So this mountain looking cave man stalks and kills a bear just to prove what that without a gun he's a coward.
http://www.news.nom.co/hunter-kills-rare-wolf-not-seen-for-9440925-news/
Another imbecile yeah he is a hunter and doesn't know the difference between the two animals I hope he gets fined.The abuse against animals is getting worse no wonder there's so much bad things in the air and evil the more you treat animals like that the worse it gets.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2014, 06:16:57 am »

^agree - I do thiunk that sometimes the abuse of animals is the first sign of later problems - most mass killers have a history of abuse towards animals
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: