Royal Gossip
June 23, 2017, 01:01:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg News and Events  (Read 57112 times)
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 11:30:52 pm »

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/06/luxembourgs-royals-welcome-photopress.html
Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg welcomed the photo press to Berg Castle in Colmar Berg in Luxembourg for a pre-Summer photo op, following last week's National Day celebrations.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/06/luxembourgs-royals-at-national-day.html

Luxembourg celebrated its National Day with the Grand Ducal family attending a Te Deum in the Cathedral of Luxembourg-Ville, and the Grand-Duke and Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillaume taking the military salute during a parade at noon, Thursday.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:32:48 pm by Gaeaskywalker » Logged
spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »

everytime he gets engaged its like an april fools joke.....i want to set guilliame up with my friend who comes from a big catholic Argentinian family
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 11:32:58 am »

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalty-online.nl%2Fentry%2F1054%2Ftrouwplannen-voor-erfgroothertog

Luxembourg will be, after Josephine Charlotte, another Belgian Grand Duchess. Recently, on the occasion of his thirtieth birthday, told erfgroothertog Guillaume has an eighteen months relationship. It turns out to Belgian Stephanie de Lannoy to go.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 04:37:37 pm »

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/11/guillaume-in-love-with-st%C3%A9phanie.html

The French society magazine Point de Vue in this week's issue has revealed the name of the girl friend of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg: Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy, 27, from Belgium. Guillaume only two weeks ago admitted in an interview ahead of his 30th anniversary on Belgian television to having a 'dear demoiselle' - a special friend.

The Hereditary Grand Duke, the last unmarried adult heir to an European throne, gave no further details in order to protect the privacy of his grirl friend, but he said she had all the qualities he sought in a future spouse and future Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. If Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy is indeed the one, than she has at least the right upbringing en education. 

You can find 2 vids at the end of the article.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 04:39:34 pm by Gaeaskywalker » Logged
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/11/knee-surgery-for-grand-duke-henri.html

Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday, to repair a damaged meniscus in his right knee, the Luxembourg Court announced on Tuesday.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 04:42:25 pm »

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/11/princess-elisabeth-lux-passes-away.html

The Luxembourg Court on Tuesday announced on behalf of Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Jean, the passing of Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Hohenberg and Princess of Luxembourg at 89. She was a sister of Grand Duke Jean.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »

He is not having a great year  cold

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 09:09:06 pm »

He is not having a great year  cold

i know he is having all of these surgeries and ailments while he still is looking good for his age....its all starting to appear on his face....i *despise* to say that his health is deteriorating.
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »

he says that he is in a relationship with someone that he has known for over 5 years but they have just begun their romantic relationship this year or a year ago....but he says no immediate wedding plans...
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 02:37:22 pm »

There go my plans of marrying him  hiss easter-lol. I do wonder if this could be serious and possibly leading up to marriage though? I mean,  HDG Guilliuame as been mostly very discrete about his relationships outside of one  well-known one when was in his early twenties.
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 02:54:43 pm »

i think his marriage is arranged because i think he thinks of duty before anything else...
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 04:39:53 pm »

At this point an arranged marriage would make sense since so many princes are making hideous mistakes in enitrely avoiding royalty and at the same time, marrying the worst possible commoners for the job.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 05:16:25 pm »

^^
you dont like commoner/royal marriages... you think the commoners should stay commoners and the royals/astros should stay the same?

Please don't quote the message above yours - Alex  Kiss
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:22:04 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »

I cannot understand why everyone thinks it's an arranged marriage simply because she is noble and not a commoner.

spanishlover monarchy is elitist in itself, do you think that royals marrying commoners make it less so? It just devaluated the institution and lets people not prepare for that role to get it. And marrying for love is not different from arranged marriages in the end. Look at Silvia and Carl Gustaf, is there any difference between them and the spanish kings? No.

KF she is suing Point de Vue for saying she is his gf, so after all she is not good for the job.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 05:32:02 pm »

i guess you are right...we will just have to see...

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »

^^
you dont like commoner/royal marriages... you think the commoners should stay commoners and the royals/astros should stay the same?

Please don't quote the message above yours - Alex  Kiss

I am sick of commoners chasing the ring and title, and then balking at having to follow the basics of protocol.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 06:09:09 pm »

but not every commoner has chased the ring and what makes you think an aristocrat wont balk at having to follow protocol....?

Please don't quote the message above yours - Alex
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:10:11 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 06:35:07 pm »

I remember reading that Princess Louise Mountbatten changed the strict protocol at the Swedish court when she became Queen of Sweden.
HC
Countess

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »

I have to agree.

I've read that Queen Ingrid from Sweden had a lot to learn about a whole other perception of being royal in Denmark.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »

Yes, and the spanish monarchs made the court a thing of the past. But not everyone can have a permanent smile on their faces when their husband refuses their help in a public event.

I don't think KF talked about protocol in the sense of organisation but in a sense of behaviour that royals learned since they are born.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: