Royal Gossip
October 19, 2017, 04:36:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you eating  (Read 41140 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »

^I, too.  But, I've been doing some major cooking ahead of time so have taste-tested plenty.  Everything's almost done but the turkey itself and the pie(s).  Ate quite a few roasted chestnuts, bean casserole, bread cubes, and so on.  So, yogurt for dinner and bring on the fat pants tomorrow.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2014, 12:47:46 am »

just put the pumpkin pie in - stuffing done and of course heavily sampled.

Roasting chestnuts now - making brussel sprouts with chestnuts tomorrow but trying to get as much done now.

Ah yes - good reminder - eating pants!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2014, 01:31:28 am »

do you guys make your own stuffing with toasted bread or do you use the stove top or a mix bread and stove top ...?

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2014, 03:07:55 am »

^I use a couple day old Italian bread and make my own but have done the Stove Top thing when I was young and learning but still added extra onions, celery and chicken broth.  You?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2014, 03:43:27 am »

i use both bread and stove top onions, celery, mushrooms Scotch bonnet for spice and chicken broth
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:45:11 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2014, 04:28:43 am »

I use stuffing bread - order it from my supermarket - it is unsliced and a bit denser than regular white bread

I also add loose sausage meat (obviously browned first), a lot of celery, salt, pepper  and thyme.  A old fashioned sausage stuffing.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2014, 04:35:15 am »

^I use sausage, too.  With chestnuts and parmesan.  It was my grandmother's recipe.  In fact, it's browned and in a container in the garage waiting to put it all together.  The chicken broth is finally done and all I have left to do is shave the chocolate for cocoa tomorrow night.  Oh, as for the bread, I find the long, seasoned italian bread works best for me if it's not too thick.

My pies really turned out great!  I'm so tickled because when I blended the ingredients it was too much so I had to make two and more pie crust but they're great.  I'm beat.

terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2014, 01:11:32 pm »

Satisfying a craving for several days of pinto beans and turnip greens with vinegar. As my boyfriend called it "Soul Food". Yummy!  easter-lol

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2014, 02:29:19 pm »

i use both bread and stove top onions, celery, mushrooms Scotch bonnet for spice and chicken broth

I could eat far too much of that, Fly.  What's "Sotch bonnet"?  That's a new one for me.  Thanks and..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »

Scotch Bonnet is a type of chili pepper.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_bonnet_(pepper)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2014, 04:17:54 pm »

^Thanks. Never heard of that one, not even in hot food heaven California.  Not a big fan of hot stuff so maybe not use this concept for dinner.  But, I do have friends who love the spicy so will put this in my back pocket for future use.

KGap
courtier

« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2014, 03:40:38 am »

Thanksgiving leftovers!
Maya
courtier

« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »

Homemade minestrone soup and homemade rhubarb tart mmm!
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »

Drinking the cafe and a monster drink... tehe

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2016, 03:18:17 am »

Drinking cafe de olla  easter-bunny

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2016, 03:40:28 am »

I'm in California, so, obviously a mango smoothie.  Sushi for dinner.  Yum!

deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2016, 03:51:39 am »

Mango.. I am suddenly thinking of the flamboyant SNL character named Mango.... easter-lol

Barnabe et Kitty...
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2016, 04:50:37 am »

Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies...  easter-bunny
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

Water... water... I can't hold much downbut I am going to try a cup of the cafe. ... Colombian. ...  nervous

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2016, 11:20:40 pm »

^Not feeling well?  If so, I'm sorry to hear that.   there

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: