Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 11:02:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Crown Princess is the best? An article in El Mundo  (Read 3041 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 21, 2012, 07:15:59 pm »

Surprisingly today in a spanish newspaper talk about what grade would the princesses get and Mary was first! They took into account work, beauty, acceptance.. and she got nearly 1 in everything. Kate was second and Letizia third. I don't like Leti but she does much more than Mary.  huh Mathilde was the last in the list when she is much better than for ex. than Mette and Charlene in the working area. Also Max was fourth or something like that...  Lips Sealed I don't know what the spanish journos smoke sometimes.

Rereading the article I see that they questioned various journos across Europe: Peñafiel, someone from Billed Bladet, other journo from Afton Bladet, Richard Fitzwilliam, Lena Lutaud, someone from Nettavisen, a journo from RTV4 and someone from La Libre Belgique.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:41:50 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:48:09 pm »

Which paper was it? It seems that more conservative papers scorn Letizia because she's common (despite her career), and think Felipe should have married someone of his status.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »

Next to the article there is another one that explains how well the press talks about Felipe&Letizia in the international press.

This paper is not monarchist but there are rumours that the editor wants to make JC abdicate into Prince Felipe. They have an ambigous relationship with Letizia, sometimes they talk very positively about her but other times you can find snippets that are not at all positive. Though they also have Peñafiel as journalist  tehe

Conservative papers are usually monarchists, ABC, La Vanguardia, La Razón... they never talk badly about the royal family; they may dislike one of the members but they would never publish negative news unless it's something big like Urdangarin's case. The left press unless it's nationalistic wouldn't do so either.

I find funny that many people think that they only thing the spanish press do is talk badly about Letizia. The press nearly never talked about the royal family unless it was in a positive way. This has been changing in the present but to find a bad article about her you need to go to very specific sources which are not mass media. Peñafiel is the only royal journo who talks openly about his dislike of Letizia as Princess of Asturias.

Imo the article was to make Letizia look better in comparison to the other princesses but it was to obvious to put her first so they put Mary & Kate which are the most famous here before her.

sorry for the long explanation on the spanish press which is very off topic eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:19:03 pm »

Is Mary more famous than Letizia? In the US at least, I've found the SRF in general has more name recognition, which is why JC's hunting trip has made the mainstream news sources.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:34:02 pm »

She is kind of famous in Spain, not everyone knows her but to those who follow celebrity news and buy Hello or similar mags she is known as being pretty and a good dresser. Though if you ask directly to people I doubt that many people know her name. Her wedding was also the first time that Letizia made a public appearance in other country and they married very close to each other so she is more known than Mathilde for ex.

If we talk in general I would say that Rania, Kate and Caroline's family is the most famous.

Can you say that being in the mainstream means something? The stupid video of Mary in Margrethe's wedding appeared in every country's news and I doubt many people do know her.

I've read the article again and Letizia is fourth not third, she is after Mary, Kate, Maxima.

You can read the article here: http://www.youkioske.com/prensa-espanola/loc-el-mundo-21-abril-2012/

Mary gets a 1 in elegance and being accepted and a 2 in everything else. Letizia gets a 5 in beauty, photogeny and being accepted. A 3 in elegance and a 4 in professionalism.

HC
Countess

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:46:49 pm »

I think people get interested in royalty for different reasons.

I do not get impressed by clothing.

I get impressed by CP Mary because of her contraversiel interest in domestic violence, fight against bullying and including interest in immigration.

CP Victoria impresses me because of the attention she gives to dislectic.

CP Letizia impresses me because of her impressive career as a journalist.

I would love to know more about other royals. Unfortunately we don't learn a lot about the causes these royals wants to encourage. Instead there are stories about clothes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 05:05:43 am »

I admire Mathilde, mainly because hse is the least controversial and seems the most content just to be a wife and mother, right after being a child psychiatrist for so long.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 05:08:39 am »

Boy, I don't pretend to know anything about either of them; never see them in the news nor on television.  Since when does it matter what we in the US think?  It's really none of our biz, is it?  Or have I got that wrong?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: