Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 12:02:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The King has an accident while hunting and has to be operated  (Read 18117 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 14, 2012, 12:23:09 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17712841

The Queen is in Greece and is not coming back.  eating cookies

There is also the fun fact that today many celebrate the day of the republic. Most people in twitter are commenting in favour of it after all the scandals.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:49 pm »

Maybe he got kicked by an elephant or a rhino Cool

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:42:44 pm »

tehe Perhaps.

You can see two photos here with hunted animals http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2012/04/14/espana/1334397426.html

People are getting angry about their behaviour. It may help Felipe in the short term but not in the long imo.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »

yeah there will be another pr thing goin' on like last time he was in the hospital. Sofia,Felipe & Leti will do a brief show up like a red carpet crap type deal with all the camera's. Well at least Juan Carlos has his favorite (love of his life) mistress there with him like last time.
Sofia is shown the love isn't she jajaja
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »

Sofia is supposedly in Greece celebrating the orthodox easter (hello, isn't she catholic?), Felipe and Elena has visited him already.

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »

Really, cool beans that they went out of concern about their dad.
Sofia... I've never thought she would ever think of herself to be a catholic or really consider Spain her home. She's a proud Greek through & through even though she's mostly German but she has some Spaniard in her... I don't get why she's so bias about cultures when she's of decent of all of them. I'm mostly Med (Mediterranean) Mainlander & Islander. I'm a Spaniard from my mom & Norther Italian from my dad... but I'm of decent everywhere in Europe & other places like Sofia. I know that I'll be at home everywhere regardless of religion or culture & have family everywhere.... so I personally don't get it. I've been to Greece & it felt like home as well even visiting family... eh I'm getting way into my thoughts so I'll stop there  sigh
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:43:37 pm »

WTF that link from el mundo is bad news sauer
I thought hunting elephants was illegal!
I thought they only did some safaries to spot the big five not to shoot them! bloody hell!  Angry
Wonder what William and his Tusk friends think of that? huh
Well I say let that idiota suffer from his broken bones.  snob

And no I'm not a hypocrite I've been on a hunt before but our prey fell into one of two categories:
It was either game keeping of wild boar and deer population
They have no natural enemies like wolves any more to keep their population in check in most of Europe
Or they used animals bred for the sole purpose to be hunted (birds)
But these big African animals are on nearly any list of endangered species you can get, so to hunt them just for the thrill of it is a  bignono in my eyes.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:53:38 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17712841

The Queen is in Greece and is not coming back.  eating cookies

There is also the fun fact that today many celebrate the day of the republic. Most people in twitter are commenting in favour of it after all the scandals.

I find it interesting how a king in exile comes back, he automatically starts bunnying around; Charles II did it, Juan Carlos did it, go figure.

I don't blame her for not going, after all these years of constant humiliation and constant abuse (infidelity is in some ways abusive) and go figure, she finally decides to think of herself. In the US, a wife like her would be treated a lot better. Is there some sort of mental infection that European royal men have that they think that it's okay to do these things?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss_Sonya
gossip insider

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 01:32:38 pm »

^ I agree,after the humiliation she's dealt with over the years I can't blame her for not running to his side. It may not look good as far as appearances go but you can only take so much. Maybe she's reached her limit.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »

Well I don't feel pity for the Queen at all. She could have divorce if she wanted to separate from the king. If you want to enjoy the priveleges of being queen at least maintain the pretence.

That not even the Queen tries to keep the image from previous years means that the situation inside the RF is worse than anyone thought.

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:52 pm »

yeah same here Alex. When her kids were small I could understand but now there really is no excuse... but the life style she likes. I mean does she really want to stop all she has a life of ease. But then again Grace Kelly was in the same predicament... so yeah
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »

Felipe & family visiting the King

http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/2012/principes-visitan-junto-infantas-20120415-24520-album.html

Leti looks so happy...

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 07:43:44 pm »

The Queen went to visit him today but only stayed thirty minutes. The rose coloured version is that she doesn't like hunting and they add that she is vegetarian which she is not and is also not due to not wanting animals.

Anyway the things are going so badly for them, there is even talk of abdication which I don't think will happen but people are starting to talk badly about the monarchy and the media is not as careful as before. It's the end of an era...

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

Yeah once again they will kick out the royals in Spain, is it the second or third time now? tehe

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »

Depending if you count when they exiled themselves (well they sold Spain to the french...) during the napoleon wars. If not I think this could be the third time. And as they say three is the charm.  loveshower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »

Yeah it took the French five tries to get that whole 'republic thing' right as well so..

thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »

And she finally came back, after two days of him being hospitalized, and only visited for a half hour {Source}

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »

you got me there Akasha, did the french threw the bourbons out before 1789?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »

Err I think the Bourbons got back in after Napoleon II,
with Louis XVIII, Charles X, Louis XIX, henry V and Louis-Phillipe (le Roi Citoyen)
But the last French emperor was Napoleon III he reigned until 1870

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 08:54:15 pm »

ah you mean afterwards I forget that the french are now in their fifth republic

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: