Royal Gossip
September 25, 2018, 08:37:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Million watched William and Kate's Wedding  (Read 14890 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 08:01:10 am »

Royal Ratings: 23M Watched the Wedding in U.S.

The estimated U.S. television ratings for the Royal Wedding are out --  bored3 and they aren't terribly impressive, considering the endless attention they received. About 22.7 million Americans tuned in to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton exchange their vows at Westminster Abbey Friday morning, according to Nielsen estimates.

the overall ratings suggest Americans -- already fatigued by the excessive coverage leading up to the ceremony -- either didn't care enough about the pomp and pageantry to get up that early, or they were watching online.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/royal-letdown-just-23m-watched-wedding-us-26952

The wedding ratings were lackluster in the U.S.   bored3

[/URL]
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 12:30:36 pm »

The 'garbage' part only came from me Yooper! thumbsup

It doesn't matter which way they twist the numbers, it was never going to reach 2 billion
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »

Royal Ratings: 23M Watched the Wedding in U.S.

The estimated U.S. television ratings for the Royal Wedding are out --  bored3 and they aren't terribly impressive, considering the endless attention they received. About 22.7 million Americans tuned in to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton exchange their vows at Westminster Abbey Friday morning, according to Nielsen estimates.

the overall ratings suggest Americans -- already fatigued by the excessive coverage leading up to the ceremony -- either didn't care enough about the pomp and pageantry to get up that early, or they were watching online.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/royal-letdown-just-23m-watched-wedding-us-26952

The wedding ratings were lackluster in the U.S.   bored3

We have had more important things on our minds and quite frankly we already have so much going on that to penetrate the American psyche for attention takes a large amount of effort.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 01:49:20 am »

The 'garbage' part only came from me Yooper! thumbsup

It doesn't matter which way they twist the numbers, it was never going to reach 2 billion

I prefer 'garbage' m'self.  It's got a better ring to it and is absolutely true.  How ANY media personality has recovered their credibility by stating this bloated fantasy of a number is beyond me.  Oh, to have Walter Kronkite(s) back who waited.  Hear that?  WAITED for the facts. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »

The press is hyping this just to make a dream come true, a desperate dream that they are in need of re-experiencing. Like the RF, the press needed this wedding as a huge rejuvination, a second glorious rebirth of the glory days of the monarchy, for different reasons. The RF, so they could have another infusion of popularity and the press so they could have the glory days of massive sales back. I think the British public just wanted to have the days when Britain was THE center of things and London was fashionable beyond just a place to film movies. Quite frankly every single side was let down with this wedding; Kate and William made fools of everyone.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:51 pm »

^They made fools of just about everyone.  Not we!!!!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »

I am proud to say that I did not watch it when it happened and since the only thing I have viewed is the rather perfunctory dip/curtsey Kate did in front of the Queen.  Numbers are always misleading and I think the royals should look for the real sentiment of the public.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:55 am »

I think the royals should look for the real sentiment of the public.

I'm sure that if they did, that they would be packing bags and finding a place to fly to in exile. The riots that happened right before the wedding and the explosion of unrest should have been more than enough of an indicator.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: