Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:17:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protests Against the Jubilee  (Read 2439 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »

UK Uncut plans protests before Jubilee and Olympics

UK Uncut, which describes itself as “the anti-cuts direct action group”, announced today it would hold street parties in major towns and cities across the country in the run up to this summer’s two big events.

But the group said it would not directly disrupt the Jubilee ceremonies or the Games.

The parties are described by the group as being held to “resist the cuts and celebrate a future that is decided by us, not a handful of billionaires”.

http://www.london24.com/news/uk_uncut_plans_protests_before_jubilee_and_olympics_1_1347592

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

Shall I add is here Alexandrine?

"God save the Queen the fascist regime" Here come the Sex Pistols' hit record from the Silver Jubilee re-released to take on the Gary Barlow official offering in a race to top the charts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9204541/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-Sex-Pistols-to-release-anti-monarchy-anthem-for-Queens-Diamond-Jubilee.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:14 am »

Do the Royals tell you how to live your life?So outdated and unneeded in this day and age the world has major issues having a family like the Royals dictating your ever move is outdated.I am bored with whole lot.emerald,AcrossthePond
There have been major cuts to services saying there is no money.
The security along will be in billions just like the useless wedding last year.I can understand one day of celebrating but days come on.I think this event will be pricey but in general pretty boring.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:54:55 am by Magnolia » Logged

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:50:40 am »

This whole thing sounds like a complete letdown and as if HM is about to end up with it worse than the wedding. A flotilla will be a kind of anticlimax as compared to what the Jubilee could have been. If there are major protests, then I am sure that there will be another thorn in HM's side after a series of stabbings in the back by her own family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:14 am »

Hopefully this is a tempest in a teapot, but didn't we go through this with the pre-wedding protests and the homeless people, etc?  The problem is, it's a build-up kind of thing where there are too many events happening all at once and are, unfortunately, costly.

The Jubilee, however, should be done with as much taste and grandeur as possible; it's just the right thing to do.  The nasty part is that the wedding and black-hole of money costs that the Olympics will be that serve as bookends for HM's time in the sun.

She'll rise above it.  It seems to be her nature, but it's terribly unfair in many ways.  And could have been a time of rejoicing her decades upon decades of service and self-denial for her country.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss_Sonya
gossip insider

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:37 am »

Considering the economy and all the cuts the UK have had to make I'm surprised it took this long for the protests to begin. As Magnolia said, 1 day of celebrations would be ok but days? How are they suppose to pay for the security with no money in the coffers? Not to mention that most cities end up losing money hosting the olympics. This is just another economic hit I don't think Britian or the taxpayers can take.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:33:07 pm »

^You're probably right; I didn't realize the Jubilee went on for days and days.  But, the Olympics will far outweigh the costs and loss than anything else.  It may be the final straw, financially, and undoubtedly bad planning when they knew the Jubilee would be piggybacking it.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 06:40:39 am »

I am gettingthe same vibe I got before the wedding; before the wedding there were these horrible protests/minor riots and then go figure, the wedding was one anti-climactic meltdown. I believe the Diamond Jubilee will be the same and go figure, this will be a huge letdown without any tourism income and it will all be just another quasi-regal waste with tacky accents.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:53:00 am »

^Yes, we did have the same noise with the wedding, but perhaps the Jubilee is different in scope and has a real purpose.

Nevertheless, the UK may or may not understand that the rest of the world is fighting their own financial collapse and this may end up being a less than stellar financial spreadsheet.  Add in the Olympics?  Oy.

Even the USA (my beloved country) was wise enough to say NO to the summer Olympics and that says something.  It really does.  Anybody remember when it was going to be in Chicago?  And it took forever to knock that down?  Praise God.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 04:04:44 am »

I am gettingthe same vibe I got before the wedding; before the wedding there were these horrible protests/minor riots and then go figure, the wedding was one anti-climactic meltdown. I believe the Diamond Jubilee will be the same and go figure, this will be a huge letdown without any tourism income and it will all be just another quasi-regal waste with tacky accents.
I think this year was picked because of the Olympics to mash it together knowing the Olympics will bring the money because of the tourism.Then by the the end of the year when the figure comes in I think they'll credit the Jubilee to justify all the money being spend on it now.The Jubilee alone would have been like that wedding last year. The excuse for spending so much money was oh we will get it all  back because of the tourists then by the end of the year the public found out the money that came in was not even close to what was spend.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:06:50 am by Magnolia » Logged

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:34 am »

^Yes, we did have the same noise with the wedding, but perhaps the Jubilee is different in scope and has a real purpose.

Nevertheless, the UK may or may not understand that the rest of the world is fighting their own financial collapse and this may end up being a less than stellar financial spreadsheet.  Add in the Olympics?  Oy.

The point being that the RF isn't interested really in taking a proactive, constructive approach to making this a moneymaker for the country. With more than a little imagination, I am sure that the RF could actually end up making this a huge benefit instead of a deficit. The RF is being foolish in believing that all they have to do now is just 'be' and everything will end up going their way and money will come in. 

Even the USA (my beloved country) was wise enough to say NO to the summer Olympics and that says something.  It really does.  Anybody remember when it was going to be in Chicago?  And it took forever to knock that down?  Praise God.

Cripes, the Olympics for some reason always ends up bankrupting the area it's held in and then (go figure) increases the crime rate. I sometimes wonder about the international peculiarities of going to various countries and being robbed by different races in different national cultures. It would be an interesting book, something that would interest tourists I'm sure.

.The Jubilee alone would have been like that wedding last year. The excuse for spending so much money was oh we will get it all  back because of the tourists

Which is stupid because it basically means that the RF is now merely a tourist attraction and has no important connection to the past. That a tacky, bankrupting wedding was okay because it was supposed to bring tourists, who were shied away because of the high prices that London hotels wanted to gouge tourists for. The worst part is, that there was no benefit for Britain, no trade deals, no real interest, and the bride wasn't even prestigious. It was more like a circus, or a gay pride parade than a stately wedding.

Nymph
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:38 pm »

I totally agree, it just feels a bit forced and hit or miss.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: