Royal Gossip
October 22, 2018, 11:30:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord Snowdon portrait revealed for the first time.  (Read 2896 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

Princess Diana and her barefoot boys: Lord Snowdon portrait revealed for the firts time. . . on Antiques Roadshow

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123605/Unseen-Lord-Snowdon-portrait-Diana-sons-features-Antiques-Roadshow.html#ixzz1qpItCPUQ

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/01/article-2123605-126C0F4C000005DC-119_634x751.jpg

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:37 pm »

Well, I've seen that photo before  eating cookies

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »

upper part yeah but I didn't know the boy's were in it as well

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:02:29 pm »

Agree Akasha

No matter how they try to airbrush her out, they cannot.

Irreplaceable Diana, she is barefoot too.

How regal Diana looked, and so proud of her sons, No matter how much the establisment tries to destroy her memory as they did with her life, she has class and at the same time she was very much down to earth. Fantastic photos.
- Philippa, London, 01/4/2012 22

Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:27:26 am »

I have seen this so-called unseen portrait numerous times!
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

Diana was so regal. The boys look adorable.  flirt

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:02:40 am »

Cute  loveshower I had never seen it I must be the only one  easter-lol.
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »

Diana looks lovely, so serene and beautiful.
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:15 am »

I love the portraits Snowdon did of Diana, especially the early engagement ones (the one of her alone was exceptionally beautiful). He made Diana look so ethereal.
I've never seen this one before, and it's such a nice treat to see a new image of her with the boys.  flirt

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 07:33:06 pm »

This one with Harry is lovely

http://storage.people.com/people/archive/jpgs/19850114/19850114-750-37.jpg

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:41:46 pm »

^ That is gorgeous, Diana looks like a 40s movie star and Harry looks so bonny.

I also like this one, it shows the love, closeness and affection between mother and child.  Harry looks so safe and loved :

http://weheartit.com/entry/9298911/via/binddd

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:39:19 pm »

The pictures you've all shared are just either charming or adorable.  For whatever reason, the topic photo bothers me and is not one of my favorites of her or the boys.  It's not that it's staged or anything like that, but to me, after careful thought, the boys just look petulant and border on almost unkind to her and you can see the pain on her face.  Perhaps it's merely an undercurrent of normal, motherly annoyance.  Not that that's bad, it's, well, I just don't care for it.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »

As anyone who has had their children sit for family photographs knows, they do get bored and "fed up".

Meanwhile the photographer's assistant is doing daft things to amuse them.

See Charles doing it in the video of young William and Harry at a photo call.. I believe he put a hankie over his face. laugh

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 07:40:51 pm »

^^ That was so cute!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: