Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 05:48:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wessex Family: News and Photos  (Read 78531 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #560 on: September 01, 2015, 09:24:41 am »

^Agree. Sophie has her own style, and IMO knocks spots off cath medd every time.  cath medd is not the only person who wears wedges, many women do.  I have seen items of clothing or shoes on other women and thought oh, I like that look, I will treat myself to whatever it is.  Women do it the world over.  cath medd copies many people, we could write a book about how she copies Princess Diana.  She even copied Grace Kelly´s wedding dress, although made it look tarty with the neck too low and the pointed cone boobs, but then we could expect no less from her, very fond of her flash gates, must be overdue on that front, not had one for a good while.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #561 on: September 01, 2015, 02:59:05 pm »

I have respect for your opinion but why does Sophie need for copying Kate's look? Anyway Waity used to copy Diana's look and when she wants to have a different style she fails it.  flower 

Well, that is something I would LOVE for some author to investigate and write about!  Maybe after the queen is gone and Sophie is no longer under her protection.   Because Sophie was famous for copying Diana when she first began dating Eddy.   Then when Kate married in in 2011, Sophie switched over to copying Kate.   An attempt to get attention?   Diana and Kate both command(ed) publicity in a way that Sophie never has and never will.   She obviously wants to be noticed and photographed and admired and it galls her that she married a prince so far down the line.   So, for some weird reason, she evidently seems to think that copying two more popular women will rub off on her.   It appears from recent articles and readers' comments that this behavior is starting to be noticed and hopefully someone will write more in depth about it soon.     Hi
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #562 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:39 pm »

We haven't talked about Edward in a while.   Does everyone remember when Edward was young and had hair?  He wasn't bad looking.   And he was energetic and purposeful.   Look at this photo of him working/helping at Gatcomb Park.   Now he goes to the horse trials and glumly walks around while his wife mugs for the cameras.   What happened to him?   Is he depressed?   He just seems so spiritless . . .

http://previews.rexfeatures.com/preview/1393059a.jpg?co=rex&wm=1&br=1&sb=rex&sr=10586010&pi=10586010&authorization=date-20150901T180825Z.expires-20150901T182325Z.company-rex.version-01.signature-70e376fe62e66902180bbbbe0254b448c1a8b49ac69b30c7338a0f45b0b9b261

http://previews.rexfeatures.com/preview/1393062a.jpg?co=rex&wm=1&br=1&sb=rex&sr=10586013&pi=10586013&authorization=date-20150901T180908Z.expires-20150901T182408Z.company-rex.version-01.signature-95435e31edb0b5ceb20fc12fd8661f8f65d97128d5b5687721f8abf9c1ee0975
Val
Duchess

« Reply #563 on: September 01, 2015, 08:58:58 pm »

^^^

Perhaps Cath will have a flashgate at Balmoral, she must be suffering withdrawal symptoms as just as you say she hasn't done one for some while.  She always wants to spoil the Queen's celebrations or steal the limelight so what better opportunity.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #564 on: September 01, 2015, 11:00:41 pm »

^ Well, if Kate does, then Sophie will probably follow suit and return to her topless pin up girl days at Capitol Radio.       wopedo
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2015, 06:07:44 pm »

Ah, it looks as though those links quit working.   Here's another link to a photo of Edward and a friend working at Gatcomb Park thirty years ago.   Now he just trudges around.   He does not appear to be a happy man.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-prince-edward-august-1985-gatcombe-horse-trials-prince-edward-with-32949299.html

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #566 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:33 am »

^ sometimes Ed doesn't look glum or sad, though, and if he is it might not be to do with Sophie. He may miss his theatrical days or the time when he was working creatively with his company. The royal round, especially with some of the engagements the Wessexes get to perform, probably isn't the most inspiring life imaginable.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #567 on: September 03, 2015, 07:05:37 am »

Edward seems to be stern and rigid in general to me and perhaps it is not because of Sophie.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #568 on: September 03, 2015, 10:53:17 am »

^I think he wants be royal, with all the perks etc. and a funded lifestyle, but does not like doing the royal rounds.  Another cath medd, wants everything but not keen to give back anything in return.  Ungrateful little wrtech if that is the case.  Many work their butts off for a pittance and have to live hand to mouth and scrape by if they are lucky.  I also do not think it is anything to do with Sophie, IMO it is because he feels he is hard done by  -  he should team up with bill medd, let them both go and live a "normal" life, work for their own living, no taxpayers funding right down to the tissues they blow their noses with.  Make them do it for a year.  Small car, public transport, scratching for the money to go to the cinema once every few months.  They might feel grateful then for the free, grandiose and luxurious life they lead at our expense.  I have seen photos of him and Sophie together, and they always look comfortable and content.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »

. . . if he is it might not be to do with Sophie.

. . . perhaps it is not because of Sophie.

. . . do not think it is anything to do with Sophie

Oh, did you all think I meant there were marital issues?   Not at all.   I think the Wessexes have a (platonic) friendship/partnership and rub along together quite well.   But I agree (and that was my point) that Edward is finding his position in 2015 to not be to his liking.   He was once the spoiled youngest child of the queen, and the world was his oyster.   As can be seen from his university/theater days [and that link from 1985 isn't working; sorry], he was quite sparky and energetic and loving life.   He doesn't seem to find the trudgery of handing out Duke of Edinburgh awards to be a fulfilling way to live his life, and who can blame him?   It seems he has just stepped back and let his commoner wife -- who cannot believe the luck of marrying into the queen's family and pinches herself every morning -- to be the face of the Wessex family larking about for the media, while he seems to be becoming more and more withdrawn. 

I agree with you GB that he seems to feel hard done by.  But not because he wants a "normal" life, but because he wants a more royal life, and the older his mother gets, the more he sees it all slipping away.  He's having difficulty adjusting to the realities, imo.   A lot like Andrew, in fact.   It's too bad both brothers could not have been more like their sister who found contentment in the horse world, outside of her royal duties. 
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2015, 02:20:32 am »

"I agree with you GB that he seems to feel hard done by.  But not because he wants a "normal" life, but because he wants a more royal life, and the older his mother gets, the more he sees it all slipping away.  He's having difficulty adjusting to the realities, imo.   A lot like Andrew, in fact.   It's too bad both brothers could not have been more like their sister who found contentment in the horse world, outside of her royal duties."

I agree. Especially when I remember Edward trying to accept flowers during a Christmas walk & everyone ignoring him. He looked a bit dejected 
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #571 on: September 11, 2015, 03:31:36 am »

Is the life of people who is not the future for the monarchy, walk and be ignored!

He is doing his duties.

Thanks for the old pics, anyway

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #572 on: September 12, 2015, 09:31:36 am »

Too many egos in that family. Most of them weren't born for the "top job"... out of their entire family, only Elizabeth, Charles, William and George--one person per generation--is going to rule. And only one at a time. The rest of them have a supporting role as children or grandchildren of a monarch. Remember why you're they're (it's not about you), stay humble, be friendly to well-wishers, and keep a positive attitude.

I think part of the problem is that Andrew and Edward are so much younger than Charles and Anne. Charles grew up as the heir and I think he's just now come to terms with being the prince... before it was all about the day he'll be king but he seems to be doing more as Prince of Wales, realizing that his reign is going to be a short one. Anne was the "spare" growing up. She did appearances for her mother/country, but she always knew she wasn't going to be queen so she found other interests because the future of the monarchy is her brother and his heirs. I think Andrew and especially Edward were the "babies" in the family. Didn't grow up with their older siblings (Charles and Anne were already teenagers by the time Edward was born). Maybe more spoilt as children. Also, I notice that their children have titles, which probably adds to their sense of self-importance. Which also means they're going to take it harder if/when the monarchy is scaled back a bit.
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #573 on: September 12, 2015, 12:47:58 pm »

Good post, i really enjoyed read and agree!

Sincerely for Andrew and family  I not feel sorry, for the Wessex yes because they are doing ought of the time very well their duties. So sorry we can't see James or Louise doing royal duties.

Is life , no first child no throne, no power  eating cookies

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #574 on: September 26, 2015, 02:47:17 pm »

Also, I notice that their children have titles, which probably adds to their sense of self-importance. Which also means they're going to take it harder if/when the monarchy is scaled back a bit.

What do you mean exactly? Only Anne's children have no titles and Edward and Sophie actually opted for 'lower' titles for their children. Under the rules established in the early 1900's, the children of Edward are Prince/ Princess of the UK. Instead, the couple wanted their children to have the titles belonging to Edwards peerage of Earl of Wessex. So Louise is Lady and James has the courtesy title of his father, Viscount Severn. Just like f.e. George Percy has the courtesy title of his father the Duke of Northumberland.

I think Edward decided on this because he realised very well that his children will never have a royal role (as adults) with royal appearances other than an occasional family-event. So to use lower titles for his children makes sense.
I think the person who has the biggest problem with the upcoming change is Andrew. And that is probably because he is spoiled most, being his mother's favourite child.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #575 on: September 27, 2015, 08:25:45 pm »

The Flying Countess! Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Takes a Skyward Spin to Honor the Troops

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20955292,00.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

I think Edward decided on this because he realised very well that his children will never have a royal role (as adults) with royal appearances other than an occasional family-event. So to use lower titles for his children makes sense.
I think the person who has the biggest problem with the upcoming change is Andrew. And that is probably because he is spoiled most, being his mother's favourite child.

I don't think this was Edward's choice.  I think he was told how it was to be.  Things were tricky for the monarchy in 1999, so soon after Diana's death.  Edward was not popular, and so compromises had to be made.  First, the wedding was held at St. George because it would have been embarrassing to have had a London wedding and no crowds show up.  Even at Windsor, tickets were given out to members of the public so as to guarantee a crowd.  Second, Edward was made an Earl, but with the promise that he would be the Duke of Edinburgh upon the deaths of Phil and Liz.  [But there is no guarantee of that; it is up to Charles].   

Edward has never chosen the lesser option.  He has the largest private home of all the royals.  When told (after Sophie-gate) that they must choose between their private careers or royal duties, they both chose royal duties.  They were mightily miffed when their bodyguard was taken away.  There is nothing in their behavior to indicate that they are yearning for a simple life.

Edward is quite spoiled, having grown up as the Queen's youngest child.  I think he and Andrew are equally spoiled, can't choose between them, and they both are having/will have difficulty adjusting to the new era.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #577 on: October 08, 2015, 01:33:00 am »

Countess of Wessex speaks movingly about plight of blind people across the world
THE COUNTESS of Wessex has spoken movingly of the plight of blind and visually-impaired people across the world.
Speaking as patron of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness to mark World Sight Day tomorrow, Sophie said 39 million people have sight problems but that 80 per cent of blindness is preventable.

The 50-year-old royal, who is also global ambassador for Vision 2020, a worldwide initiative aiming to eliminate avoidable blindness over the next five years, gave the poignant speech in Doha, as part of a four-day trip to Qatar with the sight-saving charity Orbis UK.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/610581/Countess-of-wessex-Sophie-world-sight-day-royal-family-orbis-uk-Qatar-Airways

The Countess of Wessex urges big businesses to do more for charity
THE Countess of Wessex has urged big businesses to do more for charity, saying some companies "fall far short" of their corporate social responsibilities.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/610316/Countess-of-Wessex-big-business-charity

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #578 on: October 08, 2015, 04:24:14 pm »

wait wait

She is in Quatar?!  huh So what Andrew did more or less has gone to these two? Or even Sophie alone? How many trips the BRF does to middle east a year?  blink

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #579 on: October 10, 2015, 08:37:27 am »

Sophie has been involved with the organisation Vision 2020 (actually with more organisations that are involved with the issue) for many years. She is in Quatar because the organisation held its annual meeting there.
Nothing to do with what Andrew did.

If the organisation holds its annual convention in Peru next year, the countess will be there as well I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: