Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 09:47:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wessex Family: News and Photos  (Read 100471 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:36 pm »

Louise was kept out of the spotlight early on because of her eyes; we don't know why James has been so sheltered.  But, yes, it is odd - the dynamics between these siblings.  They don't even behave as though they are acquainted.    blink
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #541 on: July 31, 2015, 06:00:27 am »

I think their parents are trying to make their lives as normal as possible, which is why they don't go out in public very often. The press/public know they are the queen's grandchildren and they will want to bother them with photos.

Maybe they won't be close until they're teens or adults. There is a 4-year age gap and they're not the same gender. Different interests, different friends, etc. dontknow
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #542 on: July 31, 2015, 07:29:03 am »

Agreed. My sister and I differ four years as well, I am the elder one. And we weren't close as children, my mother could hardly get us toegther for the annual Christmas picture.

Now that we are older, we get along much better and even make an annual city trip of 4-5 days together. The first time that happened, my mother almost fell of her chair. And the difference in gender is another hurdle for the Wessex-children that my sister and I didn't have.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #543 on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:59 am »

I think their parents are trying to make their lives as normal as possible, which is why they don't go out in public very often. The press/public know they are the queen's grandchildren and they will want to bother them with photos.

Maybe they won't be close until they're teens or adults. There is a 4-year age gap and they're not the same gender. Different interests, different friends, etc. dontknow

Edward and Sophie aren't trying for normalcy for their children any more than Princess Anne did.  Anne's children weren't even "lord" and "lady" as are the Wessex children, and Edward and Sophie have fought tooth and nail to raise their children in the largest private residence of all the royals when advisers preferred that they scale down their lifestyle.  So they don't want to be all that normal.

Plus, Anne's children are different genders, like the Wessex children, and there is a four-year age difference, also like the Wessex children.  But unlike the Wessex children, Peter and Zara appeared to be fond of one another and have a great relationship both as children and now as adults.   

The Wessex children don't appear to have a healthy relationship, in my opinion.  I wonder why?   blink
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2015, 12:51:42 pm »

I agree. They are going in different schools,  if I remember well.

The education from 70" is different from now, in some aspects is better  in other is worst

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #545 on: August 01, 2015, 07:16:21 am »

^^ Just because Peter and Zara were close as kids doesn't mean other siblings with a similar age gap are close. Sometimes, kids find something in common; other times, they prefer to keep to themselves.
Normal for a rich family, not normal for regular people. If they went out together as a family, they would be followed, photos taken, etc. Titles and large homes are part of being upper-class and rich in the UK. They still go to school and have friends, but we don't get to see photos very often. I was responding to why they are sheltered from the public eye.  flower
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2015, 06:14:44 am »

http://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-wessex-familys-trip-to-gatcombe-park.html

So cute and normal kids

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #547 on: August 10, 2015, 03:27:30 pm »

And once again a family outing and zero photos of the Wessex siblings interacting with one another.  They're not even in a shot together.   He was playing on the slide with the Phillips girls and Louise was with Edward.

Then, everyone except James is in this shot.  Where is he?   Why is he always left out?

http://previews.rexfeatures.com/preview/4931242c.jpg?co=rex&wm=1&br=1&sb=rex&sr=30299844&pi=30299844&authorization=date-20150810T142436Z.expires-20150810T143936Z.company-rex.version-01.signature-af2c11f772eb6087a66a1dc43332b9dfe229573db7f229858559791b5d384ee6
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #548 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:11 pm »

They seem to be a happy family. It is good to see two royal families together.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #549 on: August 10, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »

I like Sophie, always have done.  She also appears to have become a firm favourite of HM, which is nice.  A rocky start, but fast learner.  Rather her any day than wasty or fergie.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #550 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:46 pm »

ITA Now she IS a normal middle class girl unlike waity - no grasping vulgar mother there.  True, she made her mistakes but she learnt from them and moved forward - isn't that one of the things life is - a learning curve? 
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #551 on: August 10, 2015, 06:16:09 pm »

Yup, agree, for most people, but we must remember the medds are a breed apart, not a breed one would want replicated either.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2015, 07:17:09 pm »

They seem to be a happy family. It is good to see two royal families together.

But without James. Why is James never included?  Very odd.
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »

He was played with his little cousins

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »

Yes, he played with the Phillips girls.   Then the Phillips girls, their mother, Sophie, Louise and Edward were all sitting in the grass together.  James is not with them.  He's never with his family.  Only for short periods of time and then, what -- whisked off by the nanny?     huh
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2015, 08:06:07 pm »

He's a 7-year-old boy. Maybe he's a trouble maker at home so they want him to be out in public as little as possible?
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3216136/Better-not-fall-Countess-Couture-Sophie-Wessex-wears-935-Peter-Pilotto-dress-play-HOCKEY-daughter.html#comments

The Copycat Countess is at it again.   She's replaying Kate's hockey field photo op while wearing wedges like Kate.   She look ridiculous. 

And speaking of ridiculous . . . can the woman not EVER put her daughter in clothes that fit her?   The blouse is too small and the shoes are hideous.

blink      bored3     blink
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2015, 08:00:53 pm »

More than that aren't they appearing a bit too much lately? Shades of Andrew...?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2015, 03:08:13 pm »

^ Sophie knows that her days of basking in the Queen's company are numbered.  She is horning in on every photo op she can.      Did you read any comments from the DM article?    Other people (besides me!!) are commenting on Sophie's copying Kate's look and -- not just Kate's hair and clothes -- but even Kate's facial expressions.   She is  blink    blink    blink
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #559 on: September 01, 2015, 07:06:18 am »

I have respect for your opinion but why does Sophie need for copying Kate's look? Anyway Waity used to copy Diana's look and when she wants to have a different style she fails it.  flower 

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: