Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:30:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wessex Family: News and Photos  (Read 100508 times)
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 06:13:03 pm »

Sophie needs to sort out her varying degrees of blonde and darker roots, a slightly more golden tawny color would be more flattering overall for her.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 12:43:04 pm »

http://svenskdam.se/2012/05/sophie-hade-heldag-med-louise-och-james/

So they did go to Windsor Horse show

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

This is the first time i have seen a clear pic of James, he is adorable and Louise looks cute.Its nice to see Louise being 12 , because when i look at some of the kids in my family , they all look like they are ready to hit the town.
Leila
Countess

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 01:34:21 pm »

thankyou

I suppose Louise's arm has healed. I don't remember how long ago she broke it.  dontknow
Nice to see them.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 05:30:26 pm »

hm her last images were from April 8th,(easter service) she broke it a few day's later I believe.
a regular cast is for about six weeks, no?
that would fit!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Leila
Countess

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 05:48:01 pm »

Six weeks, yeah.
Six weeks since easter already....  Shocked
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends Founders Day at The Royal Hospital in Chelsea with the Chelsea Pensioners.

Photos
http://markcuthbert.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/sophie-countess-of-wessex-attends-founders-day-at-the-royal-hospital/

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:25 pm »

I don't like the hats she is wearing recently.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »

Countess of Wessex Attends Founder's Day At The Royal Hospital Chelsea

http://www.gettyimages.es/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=146016545&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:08 am »

Prince Edward and wife Sophie look relaxed as they touch down in front of Rock of Gibraltar for controversial visit
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2157719/Prince-Edward-wife-Sophie-look-thrilled-touch-Rock-Gibraltar-controversial-visit.html#ixzz1xXclWGJp
berlin
Countess

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »

Wish the Argentinians and Spanish would get over it!  (Falklands and Gibralter respectively.)
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 07:05:39 pm »

I assume its the govs that want them back and not the citizens and Spain is being hypocritical .....

Spanish territory also includes the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean off the African coast, and two autonomous cities in North Africa, Ceuta and Melilla, that border Morocco. Furthermore, the town of Llívia is a Spanish exclave situated inside French territory.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 07:18:40 pm »

Gibraltar (or the Falklands) is not exactly the same as the rest of the territories you mention and that is not my opinion but the UN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_list_of_Non-Self-Governing_Territories).

I don't give a damn about Gibraltar and I doubt really anyone does. But I don't like how the Gibraltar gov behaves toward the spanish gov, though it's also the fault of the spanish govs as they have let them do whatever they want to. When Gibraltar was given as peace offering to the UK they didn't include the sea but now they consider that it's theirs plus an area of land that the spanish gov let them use.

That's another thing I don't like but still that's the fault of the spanish gov.

P.S: I still wonder who thought to add the baleares to that list or even the canary islands... though if we did what morocco wanted we should give them all the south part of spain because they conquered it during 700 hundreds years.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:21:50 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

side chair spectator
courtier

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 03:34:54 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9332015/Theyre-the-new-Firm-favourites-the-Earl-and-Countess-of-Wessex.html

Some observers believe that though Sophie gamely tolerates her position at the back of the royal queue, there are moments when she feels overlooked. “Take her recent tour of the Caribbean with Prince Edward. It was a gruelling 14-day engagement, representing the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh as part of the Jubilee celebrations. They worked every day and… nothing. There was barely a mention in the British press that they’d gone, and absolutely no coverage even though as a couple they worked their socks off.
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »

We notice you, Sophie!  flower

That is so sad, though. It's really no wonder no one shows any warmth to Kate when she gets all the credit for just turning up somewhere and any and every mistake she makes is spun or overlooked.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 05:29:39 pm »

Sophie should get more acknowledgement.  Kiss  It would take a hundred or more Kate's to make one Sophie.
June
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:58 am »

I really like Sophie, but there have been a couple of petulant displays that have disappointed me lately.

Sophie sounds haughty here. She ought to know and accept her place in this family. She needs to get over it. William is going to be King and that is that. He and his wife will always hog headlines.  ick
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 10:39:01 am »

Sophie was correct they worked their butts off on their trip and there wasn't one story about it in the British papers. The British papers were talking about what Kate was wearing. Either the Monarchy wants to be recognized for their works or for what Kate is wearing. Myself I would rather read about them doing something with some substance. William is going to be King one day but there is someone who will be King before he is. Sophie isn't complaining about being a lesser royal but about the workers not getting recognition while the lazy people do.
June
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 10:47:17 am »

Sophie was not correct to complain. It is ungracious to say the least. She ought to know the score. It just makes her look ridiculous given the REAL problems in the world.

I agree with Sophie in principle, actually, but it is inappropriate for royals to air grievances which may be leaked to the public domain. It should have been taken up with the Queen, privately.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 10:53:27 am »

Royals leak things to the press all the time. They exist off of PR that is all they do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: