Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:24:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William's Psychology  (Read 51633 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 06:45:17 am »

^^No, I don't believe that PW was abused behind closed doors at all.  I do, however, think that he was abusive to others and was allowed to be so, with little or no consequences.  If anything, he did see more of the breakdown of his parent's marriage than he should have, but, again, so have many, many other famous people in positions of leadership and done well in spite of it or used it to help others.  He comes across as a very entitled human being used to the best treatment in the world, which hasn't done him any good at all.

He's milked his mother's death, the papz invasion, his right to privacy, and his disregard for the monarch's status quo for his own personal desires and whims.  That sounds more like a Napoleon Complex to me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 06:54:00 am »

^I agree Yooper.  And maybe I should expand on my post

I believe that William has been treated from a very young age with kid gloves by all members of his family.  I believe that his antics were overlooked because of his position in the family.  He would have been told how "special" he was and how "important" from before he could even understand what it meant to be a future King.  Then you have the break down of his parent's marriage, both of their affairs, and Diana using her 12 year old son as a confidante.  Add to that the fact that Diana never explained to him that being a prince meant that he was in some ways, public property, and the press was going to be a part of his life, and he needed to accept that. (I don't know what Charles ever said to him regarding this, so if somebody else knows, please tell me).  Instead she taught him how to treat the paps with distrust and disdain, while at the same time, how to use them to his advantage. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:40 am »

Thank you and that's all very well put and I really agree with what Diana's actions and conversations may have made on PW.  But, what I've never seen PW do is use the media to his advantage.  All he's done is show disdain and outright hatred.  Is that because he doesn't have any interest in the downtrodden or charities in the same way his mother did?  I believe so because she used it to the max and whatever pain he may feel re his mother's death, even she would've risen above that for a worthwhile cause and made the press work for her.  I believe strongly he only heard the good stuff about himself and turned a deaf ear to the responsibilities and dedication part.

If you're told you're special long enough and never have any discipline, you're going to be a total jerk who disregards everyone else's needs.  There just isn't any other way out of that principle.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 07:10:28 am »

^When he staged that kiss with Kate right after the Uncle Gary scandal hit, or when he and Kate had the car circle back around in front of the club so the photographers could take pictures and then they sued them?  IMO, he was using the press

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 08:07:16 am »

Do you guys think that William was abused behind closed doors?

No, but you never know, and who knows what he wrote in his royal diary but seriously, I'm curious about with all the conclusions and assumptions made on this thread in particular what would a psychologist most likely diagnose him with? I mean many of us here seem to think something is wrong with him and some of these assumptions made seem to suggest he's a sociopath or has sociopathic tendencies which I don't see that at all in him.

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 01:18:39 pm »

^Absolutely not KF.  I think he's been coddled, by both parents, and  I don't think Diana helped matters by turning him into the shoulder that she cried on, especially with how young he was. 

I don't thnk it helped matters that his father used Will in his let's get Camilla accepted campaign. It was not made a private matter within the family that Will invited her to tea (allegedly) but it was broadcast all over the world.

I think Charles sympathizers unfairly label Diana as "confiding too much in William." Will was in a difficult situation like other chlldren of estranged parents. Will was in school much of the time not sitting at home with his mother. Will witnessed the bickering when he was home and was sad to see his mother cryng.

In any case children have been in far worse situations but grow up and don't use it to justify arrogant behavior as an adult.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »

^I agree Yooper.  And maybe I should expand on my post

I believe that William has been treated from a very young age with kid gloves by all members of his family.  I believe that his antics were overlooked because of his position in the family.  He would have been told how "special" he was and how "important" from before he could even understand what it meant to be a future King.  Then you have the break down of his parent's marriage, both of their affairs, and Diana using her 12 year old son as a confidante.  Add to that the fact that Diana never explained to him that being a prince meant that he was in some ways, public property, and the press was going to be a part of his life, and he needed to accept that. (I don't know what Charles ever said to him regarding this, so if somebody else knows, please tell me).  Instead she taught him how to treat the paps with distrust and disdain, while at the same time, how to use them to his advantage. 

I think it unfair to blame Diana for it. Or Charles for that matter. Will is a grown man now and his parents are not responsible for his arrogant behavior. Diana or Charles did not have to "tell WIlliam" that the paps should be treated with distrust--he observed this himself, how could he oot he did not grow up in a plastic bubble where people had to tell him what to think. Charles did use WIll to get Camilla promoted. But that does not mean WIll should behave so arrogantly either. Besides which how is it known that C and D didn't explain this to Will?

I think what Diana and Charles told him in many cases will never be known. SO I don't think anything definitive is truly known. So how is it known that "it is a fact" that Diana didn't tell Will something?

I think that DIana "confiding too much" in Will comes from books sympathetic to Charles. WIll was away at school and didn't live a home with Mum 365 days a year.  Will had eyes and ears and knew what the situation was with his parents.

But I think placing blame on the parents is a cop out. Charles did this via the Dimbleby book and blamed his parents. This IMO is counterproductive. WIll is an adult and responsible for his own actions. If he feels he needs help, there are counselors available.

Harry grew up with the same parents and is not sulky and the same as his brother. He was not he Golden PRince the press dubbed his brother and it hurt that his parents broke up and his mother died, but he is working his way through it.
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »

Sandy, I wasn't placing the blame for William's behavior.  At the end of the day he is a soon-to-be 30 year old man, and he is responsible for his actions.  I was answering the question posted about William being abused behind closed doors.  I also clarified that I did not know that much about what Charles did when William was a child.   My post was not meant as an "attack" on Diana, but rather an explanation of my thoughts as I saw events. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »

It was rather vague where the alleged "abuse" came from. Diana's name came up in these posts. Was she the one who "abused."  Even in anti Diana books she was accused of "confiding too much" in WIlliam--Diana in one's wildest dreams would not have "abused" either of her sons. She was a good mother and loved her sons. Charles was and is a loving parent. NEither were "abusers." They loved their sons but could not live under the same roof after a while. It was a bad situation where their parents had arguments and were estranged. This is not unique to William and Harry--kids parents do break up.

I think it was a strain for Will who within 2 years lost his motherand almost immediately was introduced by Dad to the "other woman" in the marriage.Must hve been confusng.

But that being said. Will is a grown man and any conflicts and doubts he has can be helped by seeking counseling. At the very least he is arrogant--but there could be other issues. Does he really want to be King--he appears to want to be "normal" but enjoy all the perks and wealth. A serious crisis could happen  if he doesn't face his fears and when the time for him to be King comes he doesn't want the job.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 10:39:10 pm »

My two pence ..

William was called Basher Bill, as a child, for a reason.

Diana did discipline her sons, Charles has never really known how.

William fell in love with family life, which he missed in his life, and fell in love with the Middleton family, more than KM. IMO.

The advent of Camilla living with his father, after his mother died, didnt exactly make a homelike atmosphere, CH is formal,and Highgrove is much more formal than in the past. There was no sitting on the bed watching movies with his father or his girlfriend, Camilla.

Adults tend to recreate childhood situations of warmth and safety.. see Mabel Anderson look alike Camilla Parker Bowles, in the case of his father, not to mention his teddy bear.

He and Harry were left to Tiggy when their mother died, much as Charles loves them, he is more needy than they are, in his own eyes. IMHO.

Tiggy as a nanny could not really discipline them, and William, the Golden Child, took advantage of that situation.

As for HM, William saw her every sunday for tea, and they discussed the Monarchy, I have to say HM is not much of a disciplinarian either.  IMHO.

William is his own person now, and he is responsible for his choices, good or bad.. sad but true.

As for abuse when he was a child, I dont believe that to be true at all, and I dare any mother to say she has not cried in the bathroom when her children were at home.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:23 am »

He needs to understand that there're consequences for one's action. I doubt that he'll ever get that as the Misds wouldn't dare reign in his bs and the royals don't know how because they have the courtiers to do it for them. So unless he can get counseling or even people who'll be honest with him, he'll be stuck in this mess of his own making, IMO. Before he steps to the side as king in waiting, HM should order him to counseling to see if that's what he'd really like to do and then inform him that once he steps aside, certain privilege go too.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:13 pm »

The spin is that Will is "emulating his Grandmother" who "wants him" (allegedly) to have privacy in the first days of marriage and it is So Like the time the Queen when Princess and Philip lived in Malta. To me that's utter nonsense. For one thing Princess Elizabeth didn't just swan around in Malta, she was ready and prepared to do royal duties and took them seriously--even subbing for her dad when he was too ill to go on a tour or do an appearance. She had access to State papers. In Malta, she was aware that she was the future monarch and didn't just disappear like her grandson. There is no record of Philip and Elizabeth doing some duties after a vacation then doing more (a little more) and disappearing on another vacation. Prince Philip never disappeared into the military--he went with his wife on royal appearances and tours. Whoever thought this nonsense up (William himself?) has not brushed up on history. Also if the idea is to have "alone time" they surely are not, with Will disappearing into the Falklands for 6 weeks then taking family vacation with his in-laws. There seems to be much spin trying to justify Will's lack of work ethic. I agree,he needs counseling or down the road there could be another crisis where Wills doesn't want to be King and abdicates or is a King who is never seen and vacations a lot.
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »

I think that what Wills needs is to not get his way, too much is handled for him in my opinion.  If the fawning press and attention would stop, then the public would see that the golden prince isn't so golden anymore.  Will's lost that last shred of magic when he linked up with Kate.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:43 pm »

^ totally agree

Keep Calm and Carry On
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »

Who knows what is really going on with Wills, but it does seem as if he is spinning his wheels a bit.  Military job is a laugh, royal role seems to make him miserable and he doesn't conceal it very well, and now married life doesn't seem all that rosy.  Wills needs to wake up, grow up and realize that he doesn't have many outs left!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:21 pm »

I think if the press started getting critical of his vacations and stopped the fawning, I think the courtiers and perhaps the Queen would take notice that people don't all think what William is doing is all that great. The economy is bad and some people can't even afford vacations (they work very hard too harder than William and Kate and have real jobs) yet W and K "reward themselves" with vacations after doing the "hard work" in t he Falklands (who knows what he really did there) and her making a handful of appearances. How much rest do these two need? It's an insult to people who really work and do deserve time off.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

Who knows what is really going on with Wills, but it does seem as if he is spinning his wheels a bit.  Military job is a laugh, royal role seems to make him miserable and he doesn't conceal it very well, and now married life doesn't seem all that rosy.  Wills needs to wake up, grow up and realize that he doesn't have many outs left!

It's pity that the palace takes PR so seriously that they don't just commit William to a hospital and order taht he stay there until he is sorted out. It helped me get myslef sorted out and I'm sure that he would be better off.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »

I don't believe William was ever abused either. I think William has always been this way, but the public were blinded by that "Golden Boy" image that he is not and never was in the first place.  What the public is beginning to see now is the reality of the real person.  I think William is trying to break himself of that image so he can be seen as himself.  The trouble is, it is now back firing because the real William is not a very likeable person.  When you take away the money, titles, position, family and "Golden Boy" image what you are left with is someone who has no depth and personality.  William clearly has no intelligence either  or savy with people because the "Golden Boy" image is exactly what he should be taking advantage of as a royal and using to his benefit if he plans to play King someday.
spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2012, 05:38:23 pm »

his family used to call him wombat.....and sometimes i think he is one Waste Of Money, Brains, And Time

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

^nice one, spanishlover  tehe

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: