Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 03:55:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William's Psychology  (Read 36927 times)
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 02:06:13 am »

My sympathy for PW only goes so far.  I'll have to agree with Lowthen up there.  This dude has had every advantage, been coddled and handled with kid gloves since his mother died.  He's not the only child to lose a parent and I understand that it's difficult, but he's played the card too long.  I absolutely believe he's a spoiled, entitled brat.  I never will forget the "Don't you know who I am?" remark of his.  He thinks he can get away with anything because he can and has been allowed to out of some ridiculous belief that he needs special care.  Nonsense.  He's an adult now, tragedies happen to us all, so be a good example instead of a rarefied and irresponsible one.

For me, he needs a good long trip to the woodshed.

Exactly Yooper.  Who's to say that William wouldn't have some of the same issues even if his mother were alive today?  My mom died 8 and a half years ago, and my sister always tried to excuse my brother's behavior on that, but the older members of my family  have pointed out that my brother has been acting the same for years before my mom's death.  Diana was still alive when William made the little boys in his class call him "King."  She was still alive when he invited his nanny to that school function.  So it's not that Diana died and all of a sudden he had a complete character change.  I believe he's the same person he was, only now he has something to blame his bad behavior on.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

goodpost

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:59 am »

My sympathy for PW only goes so far.  I'll have to agree with Lowthen up there.  This dude has had every advantage, been coddled and handled with kid gloves since his mother died.  He's not the only child to lose a parent and I understand that it's difficult, but he's played the card too long.  I absolutely believe he's a spoiled, entitled brat.  I never will forget the "Don't you know who I am?" remark of his.  He thinks he can get away with anything because he can and has been allowed to out of some ridiculous belief that he needs special care.  Nonsense.  He's an adult now, tragedies happen to us all, so be a good example instead of a rarefied and irresponsible one.

Exactly Yooper.  Who's to say that William wouldn't have some of the same issues even if his mother were alive today?  My mom died 8 and a half years ago, and my sister always tried to excuse my brother's behavior on that, but the older members of my family  have pointed out that my brother has been acting the same for years before my mom's death.  Diana was still alive when William made the little boys in his class call him "King."  She was still alive when he invited his nanny to that school function.  So it's not that Diana died and all of a sudden he had a complete character change.  I believe he's the same person he was, only now he has something to blame his bad behavior on.

wasnt it that days before her death, she and william got into an argument because of the nanny and dodi?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »

There is no record of Wills and Diana getting into an argument over Tiggy. Tiggy isn't the little innocent, I think she had a nasty streak. She told a reporter that W and H were "her boys" plus tactlessly said something that knocked Diana's parenting. I think she and Charles were involved, there were pics of him all touchy feely with her. Whether or not they had an actual affair is of course subject to speculation. But it was inappropriate for Charles to act the way he did with her, and in front of the cameras. I think T and C were trying to "stick it" to Diana. However, I think Tiggy would have been a better choice of second wife than Camilla. I also like Tiggy for how she was there for Harry after Diana died.

Wills was rumored to complain about Dodi. I only hope had Diana lived and found Mr Right (and I'm not referring to Dodi), if Will got all priggish about his mum's boyfriend,  he would be a hypocrite since evidently he welcomed the other woman in his mother's marriage very quickly.

Wills also acted quite the prig when he invited Tiggy instead of either of his parents to Parents Day at Eton. He told his mother at the last minute after she had made preparations. She invited Harry to partake of the picnic lunch instead. Charles' reaction to his son's choice has not been recorded. But I think the "bad" parts of Wills character were evident before his mother passed on.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »

That story about PW and PD's last phone call has been yanked around for years and it may have happened, but it's not a life-changing moment, at least it shouldn't be.  Diana was an adult, William the child.  Whatever his mother decided to do was her own business and it was his business to keep his snout out of hers.  This only points more and more to PW thinking he can tell anybody what to do, even his own mother.  That's not how it works, kid.  Ask my boys.

My condolences on the loss of your mother, Lowthen.  Hey, I could go around blaming my behavior on the loss of my husband and feel entitled to receive special treatment but that would make me insensitive and uncaring to others who have had the same happen and even worse.  No excuses for this at all.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
starlite
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 03:01:41 pm »

but PW must feel some sort of guilt. I would *despise* to fight with someone before they die.
It's got to have messed with him mentally.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 03:11:34 pm »

^Perhaps, but it does not entitle you to a lifelong pity party and pushing everybody else around.  What it's supposed to do is teach you about being down, but then picking yourself up and then understanding other people.  That's not what happened here, IF this happened at all.

PW's father loves him, his brother loves him, his grandmother loves him.  He has a support network.  There are many who don't.  He chose the lowest route to go and will only realize how much he's hurting his family when he finally, if ever, grows up.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 05:25:06 pm »

all I am certain of is that he is in a vicious cycle of self destruction; that is never pretty and is never easy to get out of.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »

worship  Indeed, which is why picking Kate turned out to be a disaster because William has picked someone very much like himself.

For someone who has claimed to be so devastated by his mother's death and wishes to honor her, William sure has no trouble using her death as a sympathy card to get his way. That is not the most noble thing to do when honoring the death of one's mother.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 08:18:34 pm »

all I am certain of is that he is in a vicious cycle of self destruction; that is never pretty and is never easy to get out of.

He's a grown man and capable of asking and receiving help if he needs it.  I'm also certain that he's been offered it many times if he is indeed having difficulties.  This is not, for all of the bad press during PD and all of that, a family that wouldn't call on experts to help PW if he needed it.  There are glowing pictures of the two boys and their father after her death.  He was a happy, shining son until he came across this witch of a woman.  IF PW has problems and wants to blame his mother's death, it's irrational and he's had the support available, so how much longer do we clutch our pearls and wring our hands over a man who refuses to accept personal responsibility?  He HAS to receive consequences and the sooner the better.  It's the best thing for his own growth and mental health.  All WK's gonna do is enable his weaknesses for her own personal gains.  And for that, I do really dislike this woman intensely.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 01:37:31 am »

Another problem was how Will was shielded and protected while his brother was thrown to the wolves. Will drove a car and went speeding along over a man's property-I read Charles apologized to the man, not WIlliam himself. WIlliam received more of a slap on the wrist whe he took the military copter o a stag party. Had Harry done this penance would be demanded of him. Harry had to apologize yet WIll never apologizes. Harry would be scapegoated and thrashed for being an "uncaring person" had he stayed skiing and not come back to the memorial for his great grandmother and great aunt. I think this sort of thing rooted itself in Will's psyche and he thinks he can do as he pleases without having to apologize. Sad.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 06:01:40 am »

For someone who has claimed to be so devastated by his mother's death and wishes to honor her, William sure has no trouble using her death as a sympathy card to get his way. That is not the most noble thing to do when honoring the death of one's mother.

I think that he needs to pull his head out of his mothers' coffin and understand that his motehr is dead, but HE is still alive and has a life of his own to lead. He doesn't have to live the life his motehr wanted to lead or let Kate get away with blue murder just because his mother had it rough. His motehr had her life and her chances; that it got cut short is her problem, not William's. The press has dragged her up often enough and I do hope that he at some point lets himself live in the present and still be alive. He has to let his mother stay in the past and let her stay there, not try to drag her into the presence and carry on her legacy. He needs to live his own life and dreams.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 06:11:11 am »

Very, very true.  And I know I sound harsh, but I've been there as have many others.  I lost my father at a young age and a husband, so I get the dynamics.  But at some point you are responsible for your own life story!

Something tells me that PW's temper tantrums, which is what this is to me, are running out.  He is going to learn the hard way and it's coming.  I can just feel it.  You simply cannot throw your entire family under the bus just because you want what you want and they don't matter.  It's just not going to get you anywhere but alone.

I really think HM has had it and that there's going to be some changes during and after the Jubilee.  I really do.  And there should be.  The younger royals have got to step up and bring the monarchy back and Harry and the York princesses seem to be doing just fine, among others.  PC seems to get along well with that group as well.  PW can just go off and suck his thumb until he's ready to come out and be a team player.  Until then, Aloha.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 06:34:28 am »

Very, very true.  And I know I sound harsh, but I've been there as have many others.

Same here, but it's a lot of pressure to accomplsih the things that other people didn't get to and that is a major thing.

But at some point you are responsible for your own life story!

I just wish that his mother would be allowed to stay dead and not interfere even at this point with William's life. You've never really had ot be pushed to accomplish someone else's dreams, have you ? I sometimes wonder if whether or not things would have been different if he had been credited for a lot of his good traits instead of his motehr getting all the credit all the time. When he breathed right or said the right thing, it was always his mother all the time.

I really think HM has had it and that there's going to be some changes during and after the Jubilee.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up carpeting Kate within an inch of her life (Kate's life that is) and then dragging William out to the backyard and flogging him nonstop for over an hour. Kate is really enjoying herself and the nerve of htem suggesting that they keep a low profile to 'let' HM have her moment, made be shocked at their presumption. I wonder if William will be ordered (not asked) to get serious therapy for himself or even checked into the Priory or something. He needs hospitalization.

The younger royals have got to step up and bring the monarchy back and Harry and the York princesses seem to be doing just fine, among others.

I fully agree with you and William should be shunted off for help until he is ready again. Probably for a long time and I wonder what will be done with Kate.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 06:41:58 am »

Just think, for one minute, of our own family dynasties in the US.  The Kennedys.  How many lives were lost there?  Starting below Joseph, the dad, three brothers (2 assassinations), a mother, a son, a daughter-in-law (plane crash too young) among many other disasters.  But, that family had an inner belief system that somehow held them together and made them stronger.  There are still memorials and remembrances, but each member stepped up and made something out of their lives.  There is absolutely no excuse for the behavior of PW when compared to other, maybe even more powerful people, who have been in worse circumstances.

We disagree here, KF, when you say that PW has not been praised for his own accomplishments.  He's been on a kazillion covers as the most desirable man on earth, he's been praised for his work with the RAF, he's been pitied because of his mother.  It is not the world that keeps getting his mother in the way, it is HE.  He is the one who uses her constantly.  Nobody else does.  I don't know one person that thinks that PW should be doing or acting like his mother.  She was an entirely different person.  Why does no one get worked up that he's not doing the things his father is doing?

No.  He's on his own here.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 01:14:09 pm »

Very, very true.  And I know I sound harsh, but I've been there as have many others.

Same here, but it's a lot of pressure to accomplsih the things that other people didn't get to and that is a major thing.

I just wish that his mother would be allowed to stay dead and not interfere even at this point with William's life. You've never really had ot be pushed to accomplish someone else's dreams, have you ? I sometimes wonder if whether or not things would have been different if he had been credited for a lot of his good traits instead of his motehr getting all the credit all the time. When he breathed right or said the right thing, it was always his mother all the time.

I really think HM has had it and that there's going to be some changes during and after the Jubilee.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up carpeting Kate within an inch of her life (Kate's life that is) and then dragging William out to the backyard and flogging him nonstop for over an hour. Kate is really enjoying herself and the nerve of htem suggesting that they keep a low profile to 'let' HM have her moment, made be shocked at their presumption. I wonder if William will be ordered (not asked) to get serious therapy for himself or even checked into the Priory or something. He needs hospitalization.

The younger royals have got to step up and bring the monarchy back and Harry and the York princesses seem to be doing just fine, among others.

I fully agree with you and William should be shunted off for help until he is ready again. Probably for a long time and I wonder what will be done with Kate.

Diana is dead and has not interfered in anything. WIlliam is his own stumbling block and nobody else. HE is nearly 30 and should know better than behave the way he does.

THere were covers  in magazines where Diana was not mentioned at all--William was the Golden Prince the Best Hope of the Monarchy. All the pics of him in helicopters and airplanes. And the negative things he did were totally whitewashed

He is not at all like Diana who did have a work ethic. His father has a work ethic. So in this regard Will has not learned a thing from either of his parents and likes the lazy avoid work lifestyle. He is rebelling or refusing to accept that he needs to work like his parents did I think actually Diana would have been horrified had she watched her son devolve into a lazy prat. But there were symptoms showing in Will when she was still alive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:16:11 pm by sandy » Logged
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 05:10:18 am »

Very, very true.  And I know I sound harsh, but I've been there as have many others.

Diana is dead and has not interfered in anything. WIlliam is his own stumbling block and nobody else. HE is nearly 30 and should know better than behave the way he does.

THere were covers  in magazines where Diana was not mentioned at all--William was the Golden Prince the Best Hope of the Monarchy. All the pics of him in helicopters and airplanes. And the negative things he did were totally whitewashed

He is not at all like Diana who did have a work ethic. His father has a work ethic. So in this regard Will has not learned a thing from either of his parents and likes the lazy avoid work lifestyle. He is rebelling or refusing to accept that he needs to work like his parents did I think actually Diana would have been horrified had she watched her son devolve into a lazy prat. But there were symptoms showing in Will when she was still alive.

If Diana or Charles were ever worried about William's behavior, don't you think one of them, especially Diana would have corrected him or had Tiggy do it, or god forbid the Queen? Not to mention, he may have been disciplined at Eton???

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 06:18:58 am »

Okay for any "psychologists" here, just a question, based on your observations and opinions that you have of him, what prognosis or diagnosed disorder(s) do you think he might have?

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean that's his illness just a diagnosis based on opinion and causal observation (through media).

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 06:29:23 am »

Do you guys think that William was abused behind closed doors?

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 06:41:47 am »

^Absolutely not KF.  I think he's been coddled, by both parents, and  I don't think Diana helped matters by turning him into the shoulder that she cried on, especially with how young he was. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: