Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 01:36:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William's Psychology  (Read 38310 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: March 26, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »

We keep getting off topic in regards to analyzing his motives and his state of mind, even in what is supposed to be the chitchat section. So I thought this would be a good thread to discuss his motivations and I encourage the mods to move all comments on various threads about his mental health here.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:40 pm »

I think that Wills is now a bit un-hinged, he is running scared trying a little of this, making a report, doing something else, trying to seem interested in his wife and all the while looking miserable.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:19:25 pm »

I think that Wills is now a bit un-hinged, he is running scared

I am sure he is; I think he is waking up to the mess his life has been made of and he is freaking out. All that waste down the tubes and from him yes, but from Kate as well. Once his Princey genes kick in, that is when the real 'fun' will begin.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »

^Can I just point out that just because William was born a Prince doesn't mean he has princely genes  dontknow

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »

I use the phrase "Princey" as a sort of pop cultural reference (made up by me) for how all Windsor men end up pretty much growing up at thirty; there is a reason that Charles waited around that time and ended up marrying at that age and never earlier. At that point he had fully matured and had sown his wild oats and also had a decade of work behind him and as well as someone who had ended up with a sincere sense of duty towards HM.

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »

^Can I just point out that just because William was born a Prince doesn't mean he has princely genes  dontknow

Exactly, but people's view of William tends to get clouded because of his mother.  The unfortunate assumption is that Diana was so wonderful so people simply figured her sons would be too.  Not the case it would seem.  William takes after his father's side so there is no hope.  Harry is like his mother in many ways but due to his birth order no one will ever get to see his true potential only glimpse it.
starlite
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »

He needs therapy period.
He should have done this before getting married.
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 10:50:59 pm »

I think he's so desperate NOT to be in his position, and NOT to have to become King one day, that he is subconsciously sabotaging his ability to ever do that. The way he went about picking a wife, his constant disregard for public opinion, and making gaffs in interviews like his infamous "I don't want to think about being King...." comment.

He seems to deliberately put out signals to the public that SCREAM "I don't want to be King." And we can all name dozens of examples that date way back and go all the way up 'til recently (skipping out on the Queen Mother's Memorial Service to go skiing with the Midds).

Another reason why I think he constantly "escapes" with WK and her family. THAT'S the kind of life he REALLY wants. But as they say: "Be careful what you wish for"................ king

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 01:10:56 am »

I think he is just tired of always being in the role of adult; I've been there and it's a horrendous burden because you mature, but then people take additinoal advantage of it. After a while you *despise* adulthood and do what you can to avoid any responsibility that you sincerely think will jsut take more out of you and in time you end up desperately looking for someone to do the thinking for you.

Nymph
Countess

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

KF you may have a point, I have always felt that Wills antics and the rather confusing and downright annoying behavior is due to him wanting to live more of the fun university days. He wants the perks but not the job and the work.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 06:17:14 pm »

I didn't mean that he was a spoiled brat, I meant that he ahs had to grow up a lot faster and see a lot of things that most don't at an early age. I went through the same thing and I empathize that he has been trying to slow his personal life down and take his time; the problem is that he got mixed up in a crowd where personally they are fast, but professionally they are slow and he has been supposedly tyring ot put a break on it and get into the slow lane.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »

^I'm sorry KF, but I have to disagree with you.  I don't feel that William had to grow up too quickly, quite the opposite.  He's been coddled his entire life, always given everything that he wants.  Yes, his mother died when he was young, but he didn't have to take care of his family, everyone took care of him.  I think his problem now is that he is playing at being an independent, autonomous adult when he never learned how to as a child.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 07:48:07 pm »

Good point.

I really can't fathom him anymore.

spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »

people are complex...simple as that. there is no point of "getting" him...
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 02:31:08 am »

True enough (but it certainly is fun to try  easter-wink )

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »

Pr. William was up against a scheming woman and her daughter, he needed help to get outta there. They hoped someone with his lack of experience to the ways of the world , looking for emotional sanctuary ,like William would take a eazy ,pliable regular lay, he was attracted to, than go search elsewhere. Carole knew he would not have the guts to go look around, because he was weak emotionally.
Carole is a tough broad , Kate is determined ,both are manipulative to men who can be weakened. imo

that PW didn't have anyone in his corner to help him break free (or, better yet, to have developed into an emotionally mature person). Maybe I'll hop on over to the thread on Will's Psychology to put in my 2c there

The above reasons are why I don't often feel too much sympathy for HM, not at all; she was the only one who could end up helping her heir and for all that William was the jewel in her crown, she was amazingly negligent of his well being. He was left in teh cold and any NORMAL young man going through that (I think people think of him as more extraordinary than he really is) and ended up reeling him in right under HM's nose. I am sure that Charles saw what was going on very clearly, but since he respects his mothers' position, he was not in a position to really end up ordering the courtiers around, who are bound by principle and tradition to end up obeying HM and taking direction from her.

William is no different really than a woman who is battered all the time by a husband or boyfriend and slowly, but surely, broken down into submission. You can't really judge unless you have been there and I have been pressured by a boyfriend to marry him all the time and I broek up with him, but William dind't have the support system that I did.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »

^ and add to that, Kate wasn't going to go quietly and be forgotten about.  She was flaunting herself around town with other men so that the journos and paps would keep her in the news.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:43 pm »

I wonder how long any of us would last in that situation.

William was alone, had no escape, and he was even hounded by his fellow officers; it's no wonder that he ended up breaking and married her.

Sometimes I think a lot of people in this group remind me of people who don't understand why abused people don't leave, but they don't understand that the abused person was broken down a long time before the worse abuse happened. They can't leave because their will to go on is broken. If there was something wrong wiht him in the first place, some sort of mental illness that only the RF knew about, it makes it worse in my eyes because WIlliam already had a propensity to getting sick and breaking down. The RF knew, but did nothing substantial to protect him or his interests.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:21 pm »

My sympathy for PW only goes so far.  I'll have to agree with Lowthen up there.  This dude has had every advantage, been coddled and handled with kid gloves since his mother died.  He's not the only child to lose a parent and I understand that it's difficult, but he's played the card too long.  I absolutely believe he's a spoiled, entitled brat.  I never will forget the "Don't you know who I am?" remark of his.  He thinks he can get away with anything because he can and has been allowed to out of some ridiculous belief that he needs special care.  Nonsense.  He's an adult now, tragedies happen to us all, so be a good example instead of a rarefied and irresponsible one.

For me, he needs a good long trip to the woodshed.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 01:55:45 am »

It is odd that the Queen who committed to a life of service (she gave a speech at age 18 in this regard seems to have a hands off attitude towards William. He is going to be a future Monarch and her neglect of him really does mess up the image of the royal family. THe press says she "approves" of his doing few royal duties and being in the military. I think she just lets him do as he pleases but is not too thrilled at his actions. She herself never went in for the constant vacations. After a royal tour she would not rush to go skiing. But she unlike her grandson actually did something and worked, I am not sure how much WIlliam really does in SAR. There is a media blackout so the public will never really know. She couldn't do much with her son but made the best of the bad situations he got himself into. WIth WIlliam there could have been a fresh start. William I think is a reluctant royal but at the same time wants to be normal but "normal" in the sense he gets all the perks he is entitled to as second in line to be King. I think he needed lots of counseling but did not get it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:57:41 am by sandy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: