Royal Gossip
July 26, 2017, 11:36:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward says the Queen will protect Kate  (Read 8889 times)
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 01:10:54 pm »

laugh  Just imagining the collective vapours at The Palace.  Bang! Crash! Wallop! Another courtier hits the deck!  Shocked A bit of corgi breath probably helped with a swift recovery...

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 01:13:32 pm »

Delighted to welcome her to the family - my arse!  

They all turned up at W.Abbey looking like they were attending their own hangings.  HM could barely look at Kugly.

I smell BS - either another bloody scandal about the Mansons is about to break, or Wasty's eating disorder is reaching the point of no return.   The RF don't want to blamed as the cause of another nervous breakdown, so they've wheeled Eddie out as he owes PW a favour after the SA fiasco.  They wouldn't dare ask Anne.

BS  

Yes, Pr.Edward speaking about Kate is still startling,IMO.  I believe the Palace sent him out to smooth whatever disaster is going on behind the scenes with her.  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:18:05 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »

It could be a case of the Palace now wishing to been seen as kind, friendly, and welcoming to the DoC before something of Etna-proportions blows up.  They will have been quoted by PE as trying to help the DoC, of welcoming her into the family, and of trying their utmost to ensure her happiness, thus publicly absolving them of any guilt (if there is any) once the whole saga goes tits-up.  As others have said, the RF don't make statements of this kind; perhaps they are now trying to keep one step ahead of the Middletons in what could be a PR war.

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 04:28:28 am »

thumbsup That was very good work studying the bridesmaids' pattern. Does it follow other royal weddings or just Charles & Diana's?

Queen Mother/King George VI
Bridesmaids:
The Lady Mary Cambridge* (QM's great-niece, KG's cousin)
The Lady May Cambridge* (QM's niece, KG's first cousin)
The Hon Cecilia Bowes-Lyon (QM's niece)
The Hon Mary Elizabeth Elphinstone (QM's niece)
Miss Betty Cator (later QM's sister-in-law)
The Lady Mary Thynn (family friend?)
The Lady Katharine Hamilton (family friend?)
The Hon Diamond Hardinge (family friend?)
*They were also listed as QM's nieces but I don't know if they were only nieces by marriage

QEII/Prince Philip
Pageboys: Prince William of Gloucester and Prince Michael of Kent (both QEII's cousins)
Bridesmaids:Princess Margaret (QEII's sister)
Princess Alexandra of Kent (QEII'S cousin)
Lady Mary Cambridge (QEII's second cousin)
The Hon. Margaret Elphinstone (QEII's first cousin)
The Hon. Diana Bowes-Lyon (QEII's first cousin)
Lady Caroline Montagu-Douglas-Scott (her aunt married the Duke of Gloucester who is an uncle of QEII)
Lady Elizabeth Lambart (family friend?)
The Hon. Pamela Mountbatten (Philip's first cousin)

Princess Anne/Mark Philips
Pageboy: Prince Edward (Anne's brother)
Bridesmaid: Sarah Chatto (Anne's cousin)

Prince Andrew/Fergie
Pageboys: William Middleton (Andrew's nephew)
Bridesmaids: Zara Phillips (Andrew's niece)

--
Are we only talking about royal marriages of the heirs? Because I also included Anne's and Andrew's here. I could research more but all these titles are making me dizzy. I need a time-out Shocked

But from what I can see, there is no goddaughter/godson in sight. However is there a bigger priority for the heir/a member of the BRF's relatives to be part of the entourage?
christina01
courtier

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:49 pm »

yep it's all damage control  thumbsup
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: