Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 09:42:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward says the Queen will protect Kate  (Read 8881 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: March 25, 2012, 05:20:11 pm »

Have put this here but if mods think better suited elsewhere please feel free to relocate.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2012/03/25/queen-will-protect-kate-middleton-says-prince-edward-102039-23801316/

Now I find this very interesting. Edward has obviously been given the OK to give this interview. Suspect it's because Kate is proving to be a very divisive figure and (despite what it says here) the public isn't warming to her.

Also suspect a CYA angle and asked Edward to say these things so it looks lower key than someone else doing it. Who knows Anne and Andrew may have refused to do this.

Is her weight loss causing alarm bells to ring within the palace walls and they are making sure they are seen to be doing everything to support her? As I said CYA.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:43:59 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:03:37 pm »

If the public was really warming up to her , she wouldn't need all the PR.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

of course, PE is going to say that the RF is protective of WK, what else should he say? If HM really like WK, she would have been invited to all of the RF gathering just like Autumn...

St James' Palace said they will be spending private time together in Anglesey, North Wales, where William works as a search and rescue pilot.

- so they are not skiing...methinks WK is n Berkshire while PW is somewhere getting drunk with his mates..
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 06:31:32 pm »

Yup sounds like a CYA to me.
(especially 'cause I heard that Eddy is a big snobby dude when it comes to the stuffy etiquette and rules of the royal life)
She ain't selling that much so they push her up a little, but how much of it is sincere and what is business PR?
Don't forget that the firm is a big family business that in a way depends on the public money for existence and a lot of ppl in the family depend on it!
And I don't think Eddy wants to see his comfy pension go poof!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »

When I looked past the focus of Kate in the article and saw how Pr.Edward spoke so warmly of his "mother"(The Queen) and how well he thought Pr.Harry did in his recent tours,  it ended up being a really sweet article. Pr.Edward seems like a really nice man.
Pr. Edward.......
"My mother really cares about the British people and their welfare. It was wonderful to see the warm and heartfelt support.

"This year should be very special for my family and the rest of the country.

"I know some of the younger members of the family are enjoying organising the Jubilee concert. It should all be a lot of fun.

"My mother and father are just letting the younger ones get on with it. One of the aspects my mother enjoyed the most was seeing the younger generation enjoying all the celebrations last year. The family would like to see that again."

Edward also spoke of the royals' delight at the success of "charming" Prince Harry on his Jubilee tour of the Caribbean and South America.

He explained: "The trip to South America showed the world what a charming man Harry has become.

"Harry was very natural and I think he, along with some of the other younger members of the family who have embarked on recent trips, have helped shape people's views about my family.

"It's lovely to see. Just little things like my nephew's moment with sprinter Usain Bolt showed he's human. It was a touching moment to see him do so well on his own."

The Royal Family is really putting the press on notice that EVERY member is helping Kate and likes her.

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 07:23:25 pm »

Sad to see Eddy being part of the PR spin  bye you gotta do what you gotta do I guess...the Harry part is just  newyear.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:25:17 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:43:05 pm »

What does CYA mean?

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Maya
courtier

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

I think this is an article to cover the royal's backs should there be a split. Kate would never be able to claim that she wasn't given support since she entered the firm as it is now out there in print how supportive the royal family have been towards her.

Glad to see that Harry is getting the recognition he deserves now that he has returned home thumbsup

CYA - Cover your a$$
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:44:48 pm »

cover your a$$
although in this case I think it should be CYRB: cover your royal bottom laugh
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:47:12 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »

I think so too.
Everyone is saying how wonderful she is doing but something is not right with her, imo the elephant in the room is her falling weight (or should I say skeleton?)

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 07:59:25 pm »

Good point
But hey who knows when Edward saw Waisty the last time
Must have been around Christmas I figure
Plus he's a guy raised with the idea that it's not done to talk about a ladies weight or age in public. (not that she's a lady but..ya know)

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »

Is she seeking help at a facility ?

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:23:48 pm »

Boy, if this isn't a big ol' announcement that there's trouble behind the curtain, nothing is.  Without a problem, there's no need for an article like this.  None whatsoever.  So, there's a problem and everybody's doing their part, which is very, very wise.  As stated before by many others, they don't want nor should they ever have any egg on their face when things go kaput.

This article, to me, is almost embarrassing.  If I was WK, I'd feel like a heel and an anchor to put people through this just because I'm not pulling my weight nor making any positive headway. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »

goodpost
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »

Boy, if this isn't a big ol' announcement that there's trouble behind the curtain, nothing is.  Without a problem, there's no need for an article like this.  None whatsoever.  So, there's a problem and everybody's doing their part, which is very, very wise.  As stated before by many others, they don't want nor should they ever have any egg on their face when things go kaput.

This article, to me, is almost embarrassing.  If I was WK, I'd feel like a heel and an anchor to put people through this just because I'm not pulling my weight nor making any positive headway.  

Does anyone find it odd that
1. We get reports Kate and William are going on ski vacation
2. Then we hear the Pr.Edward is with them or joining them
3. Suddenly Pr.Edward gives interview praising Kate, saying how everyone is helping her and the Queen will protect her.

4. Obscure rumours surfacing saying Kate-Pr.William could be sneaking off to a clinic, for whatever  is going on with Kate.

(Another aspect of Pr.Edward's speech or supposedly off the cuff interview I find fascinating,is that parts of it sound as if it was written and prepped by a public relations person. )
Pr. Edward seems like he was put out there and told go do this, take one for the team,go promote our closeness to Kate. Say how well she's doing.
I believe he is sincere in much of what he says in the interview but some of it sounds very prepared soundbites.

It could just be that this is the year of the jubilee and everyone has been told to promote all aspects of the family.

huh but.....I find it odd, because Pr.Edward was the guy who Pr.William sent a shiteload of Palace henchmen on when a truck turned up at St.Andrew's from his tv production company, so I just find it interesting that he's publicly discussing Kate.

I *despise* to be so suspicious but I can't help it.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:26:51 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 02:14:46 am »

How reliable is the UK edition of People magazine? The one in US makes up a lot of stories regarding the royal family, but I've heard that they're also used by Hollywood celebrities to get things out to the public.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:18 am »

^^^Thanks, Jane!

^^Being suspicious is status normal because nobody's ever straight-up about anything when it comes to them.  There's always a murky feel to every move they make and my Trust-O-Meter fell off the wheel a long time ago.  Something's been up for a while now.  How many stories have we been fed since before the wedding?  It's got to be close to the triple digits.

The engagement!!!!!!
Simple wedding - cost conscious
Big a$$ reception, tho, with Snoop Dogg maybe
No big a$$ reception, but a quiet one, but then maybe not
Bloated wedding with no personality whatsoever
2B people watching
1B people watching
100M people watching
Not sure how many people watched the wedding
Carriage ride
Car ride
Two year's off
No royal duties
In training for royal duties
Active in royal duties
Staying out at the ranch
Moving in to London
Pippa being LIW
Pippa not being LIW
Not going to USA
Going to USA
Not going to California
Going to California

Oh, I don't have enough life left to list them all.  So, suspicion is the only avenue left.  Frankly, I don't think THEY know what they're doing, either.

Each member, and now Edward, has had to 'take one for the team' and it's getting really, really old.  It must be more frustrating for that whole family than it is for we who can shut it off.  Imagine dealing with this cr@p day after day after day...vodka IV indeed.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:16 am »

huh but.....I find it odd, because Pr.Edward was the guy who Pr.William sent a shiteload of Palace henchmen on when a truck turned up at St.Andrew's from his tv production company, so I just find it interesting that he's publicly discussing Kate.

I *despise* to be so suspicious but I can't help it.  eating cookies

That was a long time ago - and obviously they are on good terms or else Louise wouldn't have been a bridesmaid at the wedding.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 08:06:35 am »

I think so too.
Everyone is saying how wonderful she is doing but something is not right with her, imo the elephant in the room is her falling weight (or should I say skeleton?)

It soudns like they are desperate about something; as for HM protecting Kate, Kate has shown that the last thing she needs is protection.I don't think that HM can really protect her, from the rest of the world or from herself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 10:00:32 am »

I suppose they all would say something nice about her ,but why now? Is she having some issue, where she needs special coddleing?

This marriage has to work, it has to, I think the family is trying to make sure they do everything they can to show they supported it.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: