Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:50:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Addresses Parliament  (Read 3154 times)
anobserver
courtier

« on: March 20, 2012, 03:59:51 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117487/Diamond-Jubilee-The-Queen-addresses-Parliament-Westminster-Hall.html

Sweet article on HM, buried at the DM. Can someone remind me why it is that Wasty does an event in her mom's old dress, it's covered in the FeMail (not news) section, but is plastered all over the front of the DM, and HM addresses both houses of Parliament for the first time in a decade and it's swept under the rug? eating cookies
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=141674330&EditorialProduct=Royalty

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=141674330&EditorialProduct=Royalty

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:09:28 pm »

thank you...like the outfit.. did HM praise PP in her speech?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:19 pm »

she sure did! even made a little joke about it!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:09 pm »

I loved her hat! Thanks for the Getty link, Alexandrine!  thankyou
berlin
Countess

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »

I just love the pomp and circumstance.  May Her Majesty long live, and may she have her constant support the DOE for years to come by her side.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:45:14 pm »

I love HM's outfit  flirt  Though I'm a tad disappointed, as she has supposedly been seeking fashion advice from Kate, I expected HM to be in platform heels, mini skirt short enough to reveal her knickers when she sat down and remembering to always flash her ring.   northpole-dancer

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

laugh laugh
well apparently some MP's wife did the flashing part so...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 06:07:45 am »

^Really?  Do tell, Akasha...

Thank you for the pictures, Alexandrine.  HM looks just plain lovely and in her element in every pic.  My fave is third row down, second one in from the left.  She's looking very strong, regal and gives me hope that she'll be around for a while in that shot.

Yeah, where's the clothing that WK would advise her to wear to make her more fashion forward?  Odd how she looks just perfect as usual with no fascinator, black suede boot or tights in sight.   tehe

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 01:53:27 pm »

HM's dress (and mostly the hat) looks familiar

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 07:04:14 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117487/Diamond-Jubilee-The-Queen-addresses-Parliament-Westminster-Hall.html

Sweet article on HM, buried at the DM. Can someone remind me why it is that Wasty does an event in her mom's old dress, it's covered in the FeMail (not news) section, but is plastered all over the front of the DM, and HM addresses both houses of Parliament for the first time in a decade and it's swept under the rug?

I do find that disconcerting, how the Jubilee has been surprisingly sidelined by events that are less British centric. One would think that all of this would be front and center of almost every major news outlet in Britain and the world.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 07:12:03 pm »

well an image say's more then a thousand words so..
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/20/article-0-1240D28F000005DC-309_472x543.jpg
not a huge flash but still..

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »

Sweet article on HM, buried at the DM. Can someone remind me why it is that Wasty does an event in her mom's old dress, it's covered in the FeMail (not news) section, but is plastered all over the front of the DM, and HM addresses both houses of Parliament for the first time in a decade and it's swept under the rug? eating cookies

..the UK Press has lost the plot..imo

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 05:05:36 am »

I have ot agree; first time in a decade and it should have been the top story, not Kate.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 05:28:42 am »

^Yup!  And a lot more dignified and respectful to HM as well.  The media need their heads bashed together.  I would have much rather read more about this and seen pictures than old Wasty handing out shamrocks.

^^^Dat's enough for the eyeballs, Akasha.  Good gravy!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 06:18:04 am »

This is what makes it so silly; the press wants to promote Kate as the Golden Girl, but at the moment, this should be about HM, not about Kate in any respect. Why couldn't William end up waiting? It's not like Kate was going ot go anywhere and it's not like this should be treated as anything other than a major historical milestone. Sixty years on the throne and go figure, it's treated dismissively. I cannot imagine how hard this must be on HM, such a huge milestone AND the delegates there didn't really dress properly, that is, the women. They looked cheap.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 03:26:02 pm »

http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/03/21/so-what-was-that-queens-jubilee-speech-all-about/

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 11:09:44 pm »

By all standards the Queen’s speech was as bland as her new granddaughter-in-law, Katie. And she should not really blame anyone if her reign would be the last in the history of the British monarchy.
hmm you know the guy has a point ...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: