Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 06:55:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANYTHING KATE MIDDLETON CAN DO, SOPHIE WESSEX CAN DO BETTER!  (Read 6056 times)
berlin
Countess

« on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »

If anyone's interested in getting THAT hat, here's some info:  http://www.janetaylormillinery.com/product/swan_hat  I want this hat soooo much.

ANYTHING KATE MIDDLETON CAN DO, SOPHIE WESSEX CAN DO BETTER!
After weeks and months of us drooling over Kate Middleton's sartorial choices, it was Sophie Wessex who stole the limelight as she joined The Queen at a royal engagement yesterday.
http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity/535326/anything-kate-middleton-can-do-sophie-wessex-can-do-better.html#index=1
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »

OH dear, when the Daily Mail (and Katie Nicholl) sees the title of that article they'll have a meltdown. Look for some nasty articles in the Daily Mail about Sophie in the coming days.

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

^ Yep  tehe.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:55:40 pm »

^^Sad, but true.  I think Sophie can handle it and then some.  So glad to see MC picking this story up and telling it like it is.  This is a much better look and Sophie looks lovely.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:25 am »

Personally I would have entitled it "Anything Kate Middleton can do, Sophie Wessex does better".  In every respect, royal behaviour, early dressing after her marriage and before for that matter.  Mostly I haven't been drooling over Kate's sartorial choices since her marriage, but one or two after her engagement but before her marriage were acceptable.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:49 am »

Still not a fan of the swan/turkey-hiding-under-dish hat, sorry!  thumbsdown
It was too big for that occasion, for Ascot sure why not, but for church service?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:27 pm »

My first thought, great hat for Ascot but not for Church.  She wears great hats to Ascot and to the trooping. 
I thought Kate in her velvet coat and pillbox hat at that wedding after her engagement and ditto her first public appearance with William after the engagement were both good ensembles.  What happened after the wedding she began to get things wrong or take wrong advice.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

Kate wearing a beret, not a pillbox hat; there is a huge difference and I don't think that Kate and ever outdo Sophie, mainly because Sophie knows better than to end up pushing HM around via the press or by flouting protocol.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:06:16 pm »

^Seconded.  There's no sense of nervousness in any pictures of Sophie and by that I mean, I never feel that she's going to do something stupid a la KM.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »

Still not a fan of the swan/turkey-hiding-under-dish hat, sorry!  thumbsdown
It was too big for that occasion, for Ascot sure why not, but for church service?

AMEN  worship

Lest we forget .. Sophie made a few ghastly mistakes in her early years.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:40:11 pm »

^Seconded.  There's no sense of nervousness in any pictures of Sophie and by that I mean, I never feel that she's going to do something stupid a la KM.

True and the Queen honestly likes Sophie "for real", not pretend made-up press bullcrap of " besties" like People mag was saying Kate and the Queen are.  blink

[/URL]
Dark_Destiny
royal watcher

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »

Wow! Sophie is stunning!
HC
Countess

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »

In my book, Sophie will always be "oh You are interested in sex with little children, well my business can provide anything for a good business deal".
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 03:44:19 am »

Yeppers HC

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 03:59:13 am »

Still not a fan of the swan/turkey-hiding-under-dish hat, sorry!  thumbsdown

Agreed, Akasha.  I was going more for the total package appearance and when I did that, she far outdid WK in stance, delivery, color, bearing, and just the right touch of approachability vs regalness.  That's their job whatever their motives and she looked the part she is supposed to play.  She also just happened to look lovely doing it with a genuine smile.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »

Sophie definately proven herself, she's done a fine job doing her Royal duties. I like seeing her out and about on duties, she seems to genuinely enjoy them.
She looks nice ,I'm now use to her somewhat eccentric hats, they aren't my favorites but she seems to enjoy them. eating cookies

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

I love sophie easter-egg-basket

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:23 pm »

Me too.

[/URL]
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36:46 pm »

I'm so so on Sophie but if it makes a change to be able to see someone else reported on other than Kate and Co. then good for her!
thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

True and the Queen honestly likes Sophie "for real", not pretend made-up press bullcrap of " besties" like People mag was saying Kate and the Queen are.  blink

My thoughts exactly. Its Sophie, Countess of Wessex that shares HM's interest in military history and that HM invited to ride in the Royal limosine while everyone else walked one year to something (I wanna say it was the Christmas service....).
Has/will that ever happen with Catherine....hahahahaha....highly doubtful!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: