Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 10:06:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Isolated Kate' Wanted Pippa as LIW; Palace Not Keen  (Read 8812 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

Wasn't sure where to put this one.  It's got WK/Pippa/PW's Falkland bit.  Anyway, she's been pushing this since Day One, hasn't she?  She did during the trip to Canada/USA, I believe.  What a spoiled brat...

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/534694/isolated-kate-middleton-wanted-sister-pippa-to-be-her-lady-in-waiting-but-palace-not-keen/1

With pressure on Kate Middleton mounting and  Prince William away in the Falklands,Kate Middleton wanted her sister Pippa at her side as a lady-in-waiting.

However, the Palace wasn't keen.

A source tells Now: ‘They thought it was better to have an official in the role, especially as Pippa attracts so much media attention and is writing her party planning book.

'But Kate's annoyed - she feels Pippa's been "put out to pasture".

‘Kate calls her sister her "right hand" and feels relaxed in her company.

'With other people she feels like she's being shadowed or baby-sat and that doesn't gel with her natural independent nature.'

Pippa, 28, and Kate, 30, will now have far less time together than if she'd been a lady-in-waiting.

The source adds: ‘Pippa's key to Kate's happiness. It's a stressful, lonely job being a Royal and Pippa would've helped to build Kate's morale while Wills is away.'

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:17 am »

What rubbish. One of Waity is that she's far from independent. She Wills lap dog and probably needs Pippa as her attack dog. Why did Wils keep this creature in his life. Sh's an utter mess. Shocked

Keep Calm and Carry On
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:27 am »

BILLY NO MATES!!!!

Again this just highlights that Kate has no friends. She stepped over so many people in order to get to the top and now it's pretty lonely up there.

GOOD! it's what she deserves after all the people she has hurt.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:06 pm »

Excellent find Yooper.

Someone is leaking to NOW! magazine from the Midds camp.

This follows on from the story about Pipster being isolated. The Palace has struck back by not allowing Pippa in and it's a big warning shot across the bows of the Good Ship Middleton that they will not be extending their influence beyond supplying a bride.

Could be why the Midd sibs had such long faces recently.

Yup LauraCG it is pretty obvious that, despite all the climbing and mixing in the right circles, Waity has not got one top drawer friend who the Palace might have found acceptable.

There's something a bit off about the closeness of the Midds and their offspring. I come from a very close family but we all left home and did our own things when we got old enough but are still close. Very odd indeed.

The L-i-W they have chosen will be trustworthy, efficient and diplomatic and there are good reasons why they have chosen her.

It probably also explains why Waity deliberately upstaged HM in Leicester at the start of the DJ Tour. Reminds me of Viloet Elizabeth Bott in the (ironically) Just William stories who would "squeam and squeam until I am sick" en not getting her own way.

And as the Sunday Times journalist stated in the feature about jimbo "this is a family that tends to get what it wants".

Not on this occasion.

Pull up an arm chair it's going to get interesting.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:55 pm »

'With other people she feels like she's being shadowed or baby-sat and that doesn't gel with her natural independent nature.'
   laugh  laugh  laugh

I think the Palace should have let Pippa into the fold and allow the public to see the Midds girls for what they are.Shame ;they missed a great chance. sigh
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:46:59 pm »

Sorry about the spelling errors.
This family may've won the war (getting Wills down the aisle) but will not win the battle. Waity's expenses fall under Charles and he's not going to hire someone extra to babysit her. Now the Midds will realize that they'll have to deal with the whole royal family machine and not just Wills. Yes, the Midds stupidy will be our entertainment.

Keep Calm and Carry On
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:15 pm »

I think that Ma Midds and Kate thought that when they were married that everything would change; they would be invited to everything and also see Kate live the life of a rich aristocrat.The thing is that aristocrats don't have to explain their costs to a nation.Carole should have raised a golddigger instead of a socialclimber.They are still living the life , before the wedding.With a golddigger daughter they could have gone into retirement early and enjoy the fast pace life of the rich.
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:32 pm »

Blimey - who else amongst us needed their relatives to hold their hand when starting a new job?!!

She should be busy carving out her new role & relishing the opportunity to help dozens of charities, not whining that she doesn't have a babysitter!

My previous partners have been posted to the Falklands/Belize for MONTHS on end, but you just get on with it.  If I asked my family/friends to hold my hand because I felt "isolated", they'd think I'd taken leave of my senses!

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

WK is like a crying infant that needs her diapers changed.  Disgustingly wasteful, ungrateful, childish woman. thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:24:23 pm »

The L-i-W they have chosen will be trustworthy, efficient and diplomatic and there are good reasons why they have chosen her.  

One of which is that she will be the eyes & ears of her paymasters & report directly to them & not Wasty.  I suspect this is the real reason she wants Piss-arse as LIW, she wants an ally in her camp who won't spy on her. spy

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »

goodpost

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Leila
Countess

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »

This family may've won the war (getting Wills down the aisle) but will not win the battle.
Shouldn't that be the other way around - they've won a battle but not the war?  hug
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »

I suspect this is the real reason she wants Piss-arse as LIW, she wants an ally in her camp who won't spy on her. spy

I think so too, Kate probably wants to be lazy and not have her slacking as well as other things reported on by the staff to the Courtier's and Pr.Charles office. IMO, She also wants her "own" version of life inside the Palace leaked to the press and having Pippa close by would have helped her to do her press-leaking a bit easier.

Pippa has no knowledge of protocal or how Aristocratic life works within the Royal framework, there was no way she would ever be considered.

Diana's sister's and friends who she wanted were all Aristos or closely connected to Aristocratic-Royal life.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 02:26:34 pm »

It was a simply ridiculous idea and I still cannot believe that Kate thought or wanted Pippa as l-i-w.

First because she needed someone with experience and second because Pippa was a hit since the wedding, in fact she is the it girl and Kate is not. If Pippa attended the events with Kate I think she would get 25% of the press she does now.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 02:26:49 pm »

@ Leila. That's what I meant. Thanks. thankyou

I believe that Waity believes all of the rubbish about her in the press: that she's a hard working royal whoes doing a great job on her own without Wills; that she's brighter than HM; that she has a great figure and is setting trends in fashion, etc. By her wearing that short dress and walking with and not hehind HM is telling me that she believes that she's the saving grace of the royal family and they should be greatful for her arrival. Also, she seems to act like she could step out on her own without the royal family. I wonder if Wills married her to bring her and the Midds down because he realizes that they're just using him. By this marriage, he's exposed them more to the astros and the world. I doubt that they're just looked upon as a nice hardworking family now, imo.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:33:46 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 04:03:30 pm »

Independent nature?  laugh lmao

The Palace needs to put the Middletons in their place as they are attracting far too much media attention as is even without Pippa being Kate's LIW.

One of which is that she will be the eyes & ears of her paymasters & report directly to them & not Wasty.  I suspect this is the real reason she wants Piss-arse as LIW, she wants an ally in her camp who won't spy on her. spy

Pippa is also like her family not afraid to leak when necessary.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »

Thanks, TB (way up there). 

What is, for me, really a bad sign is how things like this will just make the rest of PW's family even more irate with her when she's been given every break in the world.  They have been doing this gig for a long time and played by the rules and here she comes along STILL complaining.  The media are also using adjectives that are beginning to sound like somebody imbalanced (isolated, depressed, trying so hard, lonely, blah, blah).  You grow up, make new friends, and get going on your job if you're a grown up!  She's going to end up being a much bigger 'issue' to the BRF than they ever thought PD was.

It's unfortunate, but she was so busy hunting PW down that she forgot to make friends of her own, a life of her own and a solid sense of self.  That, combined with the really weird clinging to her family, does appear unbalanced to a degree, to me.

I wonder how much longer HM and Co are going to continue to hold this grown woman's hand?  It's getting egg on their face now.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:03:36 pm »

Of course Kate wanted Pippa as LIW, then they could plot and scheme and thumb their noses all the more.  I think not getting her way on this is just one of the reasons she isn't looking quite so happy and victorious as of late.  I bet she fought and fought to have Pippa in her camp and then finally lost and is very mad now.  Pippa would have been her enabler and keep her secrets and been her go-between with Wills and everyone else.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:33 pm »

There is no way the Palace was going to allow that and I'm appalled that WK was so ignorant to believe she'd win this one.  The LIW has to have experience, decorum, knowledge of the workings of everything and every one and be objective.  Where, in that equation, does Pipster fit?  Nowhere!

What an evil duo they would have been if she'd pulled it off, tho.  Makes me shudder.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »

She is such a mess her downfall  will be spectacular  eating cookies.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: