Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 11:36:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC give pressure group Republic air time on Today  (Read 5477 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:38:59 pm »

easter-akasha

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:44 am »

I would have to get more info before giving an opinion on the state broadcaster in Australia. But if ABC is available why the other networks don't reach there?

I can see that it would be a very special situation but in Europe networks arrive to every part of the country.

Why they don't reach - simple - cost.  It would cost too much and they wouldn't be able to recoup the costs in advertising.  The outback of Australia is very very sparsely populated with often 100s of miles between any form of human habitation (and I am not including the isolated aboriginal communities that don't necessarily even have access to the national broadcaster).
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:00 pm »

Oi Tatiana don't drag me into this! Tongue

Like George W  sigh
And euhm which George W are you talking about?
The one that's on the green notes? Or the son of..
In short is this sarcasm in reaction to 'finding the right person' or were you serious about the fact that you like George Washington?

Bit confused here, is all dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 03:26:35 am »

no worries.. I was having fun  snowman

Oh Grecian Princess  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:35 am »

I havemy occasional conspiracy theory, but I wonder if the Windsors ticked off the wrong people and now said people are at this point actively beginning to make life very difficult for the Windsors. Since the engagment, almost right after, everything began to go wrong for the Windsors, starting with the loss of Britain as the hosts of the 2018 World Cup and then the steadily deteriorating round of excitement, hype, attention, deference, respect, that the Windsors have in fact had as a matter of course. There were no major dignitaries at the wedding (beyond the Danish and Spanish and a few Mid East potentates) and the public was in an ugly mood before and even the wedding had an undercurrent of hostility from the aristocracy. When no one curtsied as William and Kate left the Abbey, plus the looks on their faces, that was a major sign of discontent that is unprecedented for any royals since pretty much in the past, people curtsied and showed deference and smiled. This is a royal first, an unpleasant royal first if I may be so bold as to add.

Now, during Jubilee year no less, a seriously Republican group is getting airtime and there is still a hostile undercurrent that is popping up more and more each month.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 04:30:16 am »

None of this thread makes any sense to me at all.  Can somebody do a summary so I can at least make some comment that is appropriate or doesn't sound stupid?  Thanks.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 01:14:11 pm »

Don't worry I don't get half of it either
I just joke along tehe

AFAIK Originally it was about the fact the a national channel like BBC cannot be biased in one way or another.
I know the US don't have a national state financed TVchannel but in Europe it rather common,
And they have this 'we give every opinion a voice and a fair chance of broadcast' statement that they have to keep to in order to receive funds from the gov.
But BBC refused to send any negative comments about HM during the jubilee program
And now of course the republicans are shouting: "unfair, we were not heard on this matter"
BBC's reaction: "shrug, whatever, it's the jubilee year and we don't want to send bad stuff about our Queen."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:23:26 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:51 pm »

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/232581.html

Anti-monarchy protest held in Britain

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:44 am »

I think the Republicans should just relax since after all, 2013 and beyond will be more than enough for them to rant and rave about.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »

Not sure where to add this link but this is possibly the most likely thread. I know we have run this story re the BBC and being accused of Royalist propaganda but this is a new development - well for me at any rate.

http://www.independentaustralia.net/2012/australian-identity/republic/bbc-asks-wrong-australian-for-pro-royalist-propaganda/

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »

Doesn't surprise me at all.  wopedo
Didn't someone here on the forum say after the engagement announcement that the reporters were running around outside BP desperately trying to find people who were excited? Real opinions didn't seem to matter.  bored3
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:27:32 pm by Leila » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:23 pm »

I watched that on live, no one was in Buck Palace and if they got someone for an interview it was mainly tourists.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »

I don't get why they need to disturb the Jubilee  Angry Her Majesty deserves to be celebrated with all our love there are other times and other places when they can act like fools  bored3.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: