Royal Gossip
October 17, 2017, 04:13:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies Of Spain by Andrew Morton  (Read 11714 times)
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 02:40:22 am »

Could I get a link to somewhere where I could purchase the book. I can't find it on amazon and would love to read it.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:55 am »

http://www.amazon.es/Ladies-spain-Cristina-Leticia-Actualidad/dp/8499706401/ref=zg_bsnr_902498031_3

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:01 pm »

bah it's nothing new, if you follow the SRF there is no surprise. For people who don't know much is not bad.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 04:48:37 am »

Andew Morton doesn't have enough connection in Spain to write a good book on the SRF. He should try Corinna, she might be willing to tell him her true story.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:15 pm »

I've read the book and it's not bad if you're a regular Joe who doesn't know much about the Spanish Royal Family. If you're a regular visitor of Internet forums you already know the story. It does give some insight into the lives of these people, though. It says that Letizia started dating her high school teacher when she was 16 and that he would go to her parents' house after school to have a snack. We already knew that she was dating her teacher but we didn't know that her parents were so laid back about it. Jesus... what a family.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »

I find it odd that Leti's parents didn't hit the roof, ground their daughter, pull her out of that school, and then sue the school and prosecute the teacher. In the US the teacher would have been tried, convicted, and then sentenced to a huge prison term.

'I fell in love with Letizia - but never told her': Newly-crowned Queen of Spain was once topless 'muse' to artist friend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2662333/I-fell-love-Letizia-never-told-Newly-crowned-Queen-Spain-topless-muse-artist-friend.html#ixzz356jA2DV4

Classy; on no less a day than the coronation. There'll likely be more of these things as time goes by.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 07:24:38 pm »

As for the story of the teacher, I thought she had married a former professor from university, so it can't have been the teacher she had when she was 16.

As for the artist...anyone can paint a few breasts and then paint the head of a familiar woman on it. We will never be able to say it are or aren't the breasts of the Queen of Spain. And considering his class...he obviously has none and sees this as a way to get in the newspaper and perhaps sell a painting or two because of his now 'famous' name.

Right now, there will be many people trying to make a buck out of all of this. And Andrew Morton is the biggest sleeze of all and thinks that because a disturbed Diana (and who wouldn't be disturbed in her situation) gave him access to her friends and her thoughts, he is all of a sudden the expert on royal tell-all books and the royal subjects he likes to smear.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:16 pm »

No it was her high school teacher not college. Letizia's studied journalism and her ex husband taught literature BTW.

Philosophy from the University of Extremadura, a writer and a high-school literature teacher, on 7 August 1998, in a simple civil ceremony at Almendralejo, in Badajoz, after a 10-year courtship.[14] The marriage was dissolved by divorce in 1999. They had no children; he is now married to María del Carmen Astero Martín, a teacher.[15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letizia_of_Spain

This is from Wiki but there lots of articles in spanish about her ex husband.

All sources mention they knew each other in high school and started to date.

About the painting IMO it could have been imagined but no one that doesn't want to appear nude in a famous CD cover says so and tries to sue. 

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

Thanks for enlightning me about the teacher. It is kind of yikes I must say. I mean, I have had a crush on a math teacher when I was 14-15 (the only year I really did my best on math  laugh) but the idea to have a 10 year affair with him and then marry him...hmm that wouldn't be my cup of tea and my parents would have intervened for sure.

I don't understand your last sentence:
About the painting IMO it could have been imagined but no one that doesn't want to appear nude in a famous CD cover says so and tries to sue.

What do you mean? Did Letizia sue? I know I would sue if someone would paint my head on a painting with a nude body underneath of my head. But then again, I am not a famous person and I think that famous persons sometimes decide not to sue in the hope that the story will blow over while starting a law-suit will only draw more attention to the story. And in a law-suit, how could Letizia proof that the body on the painting isn't hers? By providing pictures of her breasts to a jury or the judge? Not really a posibility either I would say.
So perhaps lawyers have adviced her (and Félipe) not to sue because;
1. More attention would be given to the story
2. It would be hard to proof.

All in all, I still think that this painter is trying to get his name in the paper and gets some fame and found a way to get that fame. And typically the Daily Fail to exploit it and give the creep his fifteen minutes of fame.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »

Sorry for not being clear enough.

The official story is that the painter painted her using his imagination. However, the paintings were used for a cd cover of a famous music band. Don't know if you know Mana but they were very famous a couple of years ago.

So yeah it is one thing to know that some painter decided to paint you nude but if he is using your face for something public you have the right to sue. This happening years before she met Felipe as she still hadn't married for the first time.

The story about the paintings (because it was not only one) is kind of weird because she also interviewed the music group when she stayed in Mexico and they said that they still have the original painting that was going to be used.

article about this in spanish http://www.expansion.com/2011/03/30/entorno/1301487570.html

At the end of the day anyone can believe what they want because the parties that do know the real story haven't said anything.

For me as I said before it is a weird story that doesn't make sense.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 12:04:13 am »

posing nude for a painting when young doesn't seem so terrible to me - beats falling into cabs drunk and flashing your lady bits.

We women can be very critical of other women - which is just how it goes - but I am perplexed as to why the commoner women who marry into royal families get so much more criticism.

As for Morton - I think he is despicable.  He absolutely used a distraught and confused and very angry Diana to make himself money and fame.  He had to know the storm that would follow the revelations int he book and how that would hurt her position.  Yet he still did it.  Diana did of course collaborate but I am not sure she was in the right mind at that time to make a proper decision or if she had the understanding to be able to predict where the book's revelations would take her and Charles.  Morton though just plain and simple exploited her.  Shameful IMHO

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 07:21:04 am »

Sorry for not being clear enough.

The official story is that the painter painted her using his imagination.

But if he used his imagination, it means she didn't pose for him. He just imagined how she would looks beneath her clothes and he painted that. You can hardly blame her for that. I mean, you can't expect her to control someone else's mind. At the same time, you can't forbid him to imagine things and then paint them.
That means that he didn't do anything illegal to starting a law-suit would not have solved anything and it would only have drawn more attention to the whole story.

Sometimes ignoring something really is the best way to go.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 10:40:13 am »

In the public arena, thing is, that she needs to maintain her rep and there's no way that if this is untrue, the imagination of a pervert, that she needs to sue to send a message to any other perverts out there that this thing will not be tolerated, the deliberate perverse abuse of the dignity of the Queen of Spain.

She is not normal and her reputation is everything. She is someone who is at this point in time Queen Consort of Spain and chances are she's surrounded by many, many enemies and someone who has ended up coming a long way. She needs to keep herself and this isn't something she can just hope goes away.

There is no way that this can be ignored or just go away. If the painter comes out with photos of Leti, or some kind of proof, this could (and will) damage her and then what?

Her husband is about to engage in the fight to preserve the monarchical institution and this is something that she needs to support him fully. She can't let herself be used as a weapon in the hands of people who want to see the monarchy abolished and undermine the dynasty in general.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 11:16:24 am »

But if she sues, she has to be able to prove that the body in that painting isn't hers. And how can she do that? Present pictures of her naked body? Show proof she has a birthmark that isn't in the painting (if she has one to begin with)? It is very hard to proof that something doesn't exist, or has never happened.
And to sue and then not being able to proof without a shadow of a doubt that the painting isn't depicting her body, will make matters worse.

Any good lawyer will tell you that starting a law-suit is only a good idea if you have solid evidence. And in this case, it is very hard to imagine what would be such solid evidence. And of this evidence exists, like a birthmark, scar, you have to be willing to show that to a judge and/ or jury (does Spain have juries?) and that is not exactly a nice perspective for a Queen-Consort either.

It essentially comes down to this..people who want to do harm, will do harm. And royals, like other people in the public eye, can very often not take action or at least not appropriate action to make the lie or distortion go away.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: