Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 09:19:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies Of Spain by Andrew Morton  (Read 12039 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: March 05, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com/espana/072935/andrew-morton-autor-de-polemicas-biografias-como-las-de-lady-di-monica-lewinsky-madonna-tom-cruise-y-angelina-jolie-prepara-un-libro-sobre-la-familia-real-espanola

He's now in Madrid to collect info from journos of here, hope it's juicy!  loveshower
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:53:07 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:33:52 am »

I am SO gonna buy this if it ends up being all gossipy.

I htink Juan Carlos has had enough affairs to build his own red light district.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:20 am »

I am, too, totally putting this on 'hold' on my Amazon. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 05:48:11 am »

I think Juan Carlos has a huge madonna/*sleazy* complex; his wife is his ideal and on the pedestal, while the other women to him are just tarts. Honestly I am sure that he was in fits over Letizia being chosen to be the consort.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:04 am »

We're gonna see more stars in this tome than HWood Blvd.  Can't wait.   eating cookies

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »

KF it was not Juan Carlos, he wanted to marry a more racy woman who was an italian princess but Franco thought that she was not appropiate for a wife.

JC has never thought much of Sofia.

I hope this book is not about JC's affairs, we know that from rumours and other books, hopefully it will be more about his children and business, much more interesting imo!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:07:28 am »

JC has never thought much of Sofia.

Why is beyond me; it's sick how these ingrates get these wonderful women and end up hurting them in the worst possible ways.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 12:16:30 pm »

I get the feeling many of these Prince's who are heirs have fantasies about trampy women, but years ago they just had affairs with them but did not marry them...that has changed, now they bring them home,marry them and demand the family respect them(knowing full well the public has seen some of their "bits" and knew what they were previously.)
Kue Fei, you were right in your previous post, in the other spanish thread, when you said the restrictions put on these Princes in years past were to protect them. It is good these restrictions on who these Princes could marry lasted as long as it did.
King Juan Carlos may not have thought much of Queen Sofia, but she has been a respected and formidable female image for his Monarchy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:18:23 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:30:38 pm »

There is an habit that the king has (it's in Eyre's book): when there are official reception and he is with his closest friends but the queen arrives he says dismmissed! As if he was general to his soldiers.

He thinks she is very stuffy and that there are many topics that cannot be talked if she is around.

Other time there were in an official dinner and his lover (one of the longest and they also say that there is a child from the relationship) was there too. Well after the dinner he got up and went to her table because it was more fun than to stay with his wife!

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »

He sounds like a cad. I have heard and read things over the years that say he's a big playboy.

[/URL]
graciebird
royal watcher

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 05:27:58 am »

The trouble with these types of books is that it is so hard to know what is true or what is repeated old gossip.  I remember looking at a book by Robert Lacy about Princess Grace.  I was shocked at all of the smut that he wrote about Grace, written 10 years after she died.  So I turned to the back of the book and looked at his "sources" that he "credited" to support his stories.  The sources were mostly old Hollywood gossip magazines!  Journals and publications that were just gossipy.  His sources were sorely lacking in interviews of people that KNEW Grace or worked with her.

So I wonder if this book about the Spanish royal family will be truth or fiction or a bit of both.  How can we tell?
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35:41 am »

I am, too, totally putting this on 'hold' on my Amazon.  

me too  laundry

The thing about Morton is he usually deals with sources who have a view inside. For the Diana Her True Story , we found out after her death that it was Diana herself who gave him info, by sendng him taped recordings of herself talking about her life inside Royal Family,until book was completed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:41:54 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 11:03:34 am »

yay... another book about him & his past affairs & probably will write about Sofia & how much he's hurt her.
When he dies are they going to burn his little black book or put it somewhere as...? i don't know?? a historical book of his uncontrollable urges?
Anyways hope certain women that belong to certain families in the noble/aristocrats/royal world are not written in that book if that guy is that good in findin' info? Because reputation still matters to the families unlike the others that love attention weather bad or... whatever.
But for the prostitutes, call girls, his female employees that worked in the palace & business partners/friends wives... eh fair game there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:09:23 am by D.I.R. » Logged
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »

Can't wait to read it, hope it's entertaining!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »

DIR the aristo woman that are so worried about their relationship maybe they should have thought before about that, really I don't see why the call girls should get all the attention.

Anyway the book is going to be about the new plebeian princesses in Europe so I think it's not going to be only about the SRF.

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

alla, i didn't know when i saw the title i pretty much rolled my eyes thinking "How much more can they dissect his addiction to sex, lust & his one true love of all the women he had before & gave them prominent jobs that they are not qualified for, expensive things & etc", you know. I should of read what y'all (you all) posted sorry about that.
But alla its mainly about the other subjects & yes most of the aristo women that lied in bed or where ever they had his moment of pleasure with him don't care if the public knows about it but there are certain ones that do... which I'm pretty sure it wont come out.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:11:12 pm by D.I.R. » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »

I get the feeling many of these Prince's who are heirs have fantasies about trampy women, but years ago they just had affairs with them but did not marry them...that has changed, now they bring them home,marry them and demand the family respect them(knowing full well the public has seen some of their "bits" and knew what they were previously.)

It is a bitter irony isn't it? In the past no one minded bending the knee to the new consort because she was just that titled and prestigious through lineage and no one really minded. Now these respectable women are being pushed to bend the knee to women like Mette-Marit and Kate, all the while these women with better morals are pushed to serve and dance attendance.

Kue Fei, you were right in your previous post, in the other spanish thread, when you said the restrictions put on these Princes in years past were to protect them. It is good these restrictions on who these Princes could marry lasted as long as it did.

I sometimes wonder if these idiot princes understand that when these princesses move overseas to their country, THEY are the ones making the sacrifice, not the prince. The prince at least is in familiar surroundings and has his family and friends around him.

King Juan Carlos may not have thought much of Queen Sofia, but she has been a respected and formidable female image for his Monarchy.

I find that hilariously ironic since when Sofia married Juan Carlos, SHE was the one who was part of a reigning family and he was the dethroned one. She was seen as marrying down and he was the one who was seen as unworthy. she is quite iconic in so many ways and I am surprised that she is so undervalued. Most businessmen would be ecstatic to have her as a wife and hostess.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:52 pm »

The books comes out in a few days! The title is Ladies of Spain and is about the four royal ladies: Sofia, Cristina, Elena and Letizia.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 06:14:01 pm »

I am SO gonna buy this if it ends up being all gossipy.

I htink Juan Carlos has had enough affairs to build his own red light district.

A definate buy, this will be juicy. I'm looking forward on Letizia's time in Mexico being explored,so much of that seemed to be hazy.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 06:18:09 pm »

It's going to come up in spanish, don't know about the english version yet.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: