Royal Gossip
December 15, 2018, 12:21:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana, Kate and The Queen  (Read 5259 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: March 04, 2012, 03:09:02 am »

There is astonishment in some royal circles that the Queen and Philip have chosen Kate to accompany them on a visit to Leicester on Thursday to launch the diamond jubilee tour of the country.
Some expected her to take one of her grandchildren, such as Princess Beatrice or her sister Eugenie, who have expressed a deep desire to have a royal role.
But the Queen’s private secretary Sir Christopher Geidt contacted Prince William’s private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton to say Her Majesty wanted Kate to go along.
There could be no clearer indication that the Royals view the young Duchess as the vital ingredient in their future popularity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2109551/Kate-Middleton-trained-perfect-Royal.html#ixzz1o785Hpho

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:11:21 am by Tatiana » Logged

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:26:48 am »

What a stupid story.

Shows the lack of intelligence of both the royal family and those who care about them - if Kate isn't popular then people will start asking the important questions - why have the royal family at all? 

The people have already convinced the other younger members of the family that the hangers-on aren't needed (be warned Harry - this includes you). 

The future of the monarchy is in William and Kate's hands - blind freddy knows that.  No one else matters now but those two - the Queen is old and Charles getting old - regardless of how much work those two do and have done they are old people so the future is in the young and that means William and his chosen consort - Kate.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:46:30 am »

Never mind .. have an asprin and a nice cup of tea.

Biscuit ?  eating cookies

milagro
courtier

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

I think they saw Kate's never going to do well if left to her own means and understanding. So they have to drag her along.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 10:49:02 am »

I think having Kate tag along is good PR by the Palace.

Having the Queen and Camilla shown with Kate says that she is 'accepted' into the royal fold and that they are showing her the ropes. I think that there would be more joint engagements later on.

If something goes wrong down the road, then Kate couldn't turn around and say that she was left alone by the senior members, that there was nobody there to guide her.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 11:02:02 am »

The Daily Fail being stupid as usual they are so up Kate's behind it's not even funny  Angry...as for The York girls why in the name of God would she invite them if she thinks they shouldn't perform Royal Duties  sly again it makes 0 sense...I agree with whoever says no matter how the Queen feels about Kate she is likely to be Princess of Wales and then if everything goes according to plan Queen Consort so OF COURSE The Queen will "work" with her and YES being seen with her prevents Kate from whining in front of the camera to sympathetic "journalists" (while trying to destroy her husband) that she was left alone ...Kate is an opportunity for good Pr for The BRF in the past Diana and Sarah made them look like monsters Do Little is a great opportunity to show the public The BRF has learned from their mistakes and things have changed all this while shutting up Do Little in case things go wrong IT'S PERFECT  thumbsup.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:07:59 am by Jane23 » Logged
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 11:11:08 am »

If something goes wrong down the road, then Kate couldn't turn around and say that she was left alone by the senior members, that there was nobody there to guide her.

Personally I think this is the main reason this PR drive is under way. The Royal Family was shaken to their foundations by the hostility when Diana died and more than one expert commentator has said that had things deteriorated further then a republic was beckoning.

So much can happen before W&K become Prince and Princess of Wales - if they ever do. Divorce, death, abdication even a republic are all viable possibilities. When the Jubille is over the Sovereign Support Grant kicks in and the implications of this have flown over the heads of most of the people of the UK mainly thanks to the press. The RF will become richer than ever before and Members of Parliament will not be allowed to question any of it.

This is when it will start getting sticky.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:29 am »

Finally some who speak sense .. True Brit and Acornia .. bless you !

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »

I remember that we talked about this when the Midds appeared in Ascot with the royals. The palace is not stupid and they will not want a second Diana in the sense that the royals can't be faulted due to lack of support or snobbishness.

Do they really like her? Well I don't know but in the end it doesn't matter it was William's choice and the deed is done, they only thing they can do is to make the  best of the situation.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

I think having Kate tag along is good PR by the Palace.
Having the Queen and Camilla shown with Kate says that she is 'accepted' into the royal fold and that they are showing her the ropes. I think that there would be more joint engagements later on.
good post and totally agree...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:06:02 pm by benign » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:53 am »

The PR spin is in motion  eating cookies...to the point they forget their own spin first they use what I call "The Diana card"  for her doing little to nothing they saw that was a big mess and now they use a 85 years old woman who goes along for this messy ride to make it look like Lazy is doing something this is all Willy's people doing...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:58 pm »

The Daily Fail being stupid as usual they are so up Kate's behind it's not even funny  Angry...as for The York girls why in the name of God would she invite them if she thinks they shouldn't perform Royal Duties  sly again it makes 0 sense...I agree with whoever says no matter how the Queen feels about Kate she is likely to be Princess of Wales and then if everything goes according to plan Queen Consort so OF COURSE The Queen will "work" with her and YES being seen with her prevents Kate from whining in front of the camera to sympathetic "journalists" (while trying to destroy her husband) that she was left alone ...Kate is an opportunity for good Pr for The BRF in the past Diana and Sarah made them look like monsters Do Little is a great opportunity to show the public The BRF has learned from their mistakes and things have changed all this while shutting up Do Little in case things go wrong IT'S PERFECT  thumbsup.
Well Charles did  more than his share for destroying Diana, clinging to his mistress and practically flaunting her (Diana was aware of the expensive gifts hubby sent to Camilla and Camilla played hostess with the mostest at Highgrove while Charles and Diana were still married). If William is not like his Dad (I hope and pray), there would be no reason for Kate to complain. Charles thought Diana apparently was some sort of machine who would put up with it all because well he married her didn't he? Diana worked for the royal family very diligently unlike her successor the mistress who became the wife. If William didn't inherit some of Dad's cruel streak nor his sense of entitlement, Kate will be well off which would be the "help" that Kate would need, not being seen with the Queen.

I also think William is a huge issue in what Kate does and doesn't do. He needs to grow up and leave the SAR. He is a royal on his terms, hiding out in another country save for occasional photo ops. He needs to pull his weight.

Also, the stories that the Queen would give them "alone time" seem very bogus since William is spending his "alone time" without the wife.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:23:50 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:22 am »

^ We weren't talking about the Prince Charles , Diana mess...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »

Jane you brought it up in the post I answered. Just saying...And why is Diana in the thread title?
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 02:43:28 am »

I should like to point out that HM didnt accompany a lone Camilla when she became Douchess of Cornwall.....
       .. now that does speak volumes   thumbsup

Diana was a bloody hardworker, her "replacement" shall never measure up in this respect.. one tends to forget Camilla was called Duchess of Doolittle long before Kate ever came along. Camilla's very own PR man called her "The Laziest Woman in England".

Yes, this is the Diana part of the Forum, and yes we shall talk about her if we so choose.

Please no more daily fail . bermuda triangle.. it was amusing possibly once.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:45 pm »

I should like to point out that HM didn't accompany a lone Camilla when she became Duchess of Cornwall.....
       .. now that does speak volumes   thumbsup
Depends on how you look on it, either HM didn't want to go along with 'milla or it wasn't necessary for her to do so at the time.
Not sure which it is really, maybe a bit of both dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:53:40 am »

HM is a diplomat.. she has learned to accept things, but does not have to like it.. hence her unwillingness to allow Camilla to do much except her charity work.. HM and others know that Camilla wont make old bones,... there I said it... hang me.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 02:27:52 pm »

I'm sorry Tatiana but I don't understand your meaning.

I agree with your first point, I think that after the Diana fiasco she thought that nothing could be worse. Now if the Queen Mother had lived to 120...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
observer
gossip insider

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 06:59:38 am »

I'm still surprised how Diana is idolized and Kate is quite in contrary demonized -not to mention Camilla.
I can only assume that's the magic of early death, so the smooth and perfect image remains in our memory, freed from the wrinkled and folded marks of age.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:12 pm »

Before slamming Diana and Sarah, read the Dimbleby book. Charles did quite the hatchet job on his own parents via his biographer. Charles did his share of destruction - he put down Diana in public and flaunted the mistress. After 11 years of this, Diana reacted to it. If William treats Kate the same way I think Kate would have a breaking point too. The royals are notorious for backing up bad behavior of the royal men by taking a hands off attitude.

As far as not bringing up the "sainted" Charles, remember Diana didn't live all by herself in a vacuum. There were Charles and the unwanted "guest" in the marriage, Mrs Parker Bowles.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:11:01 pm by sandy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: