Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:15:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Lineage  (Read 7778 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: March 02, 2012, 02:11:09 am »

We talk all the time about William and Harry's bloodlines and I thought this would be a perfect place to talk about how possible bloodlines would have been combined if William and Harry had ended up marrying someoen from the aristocracy and discuss the bloodlines that Fergie and Diana and Prince Philip added.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »

Well, if William had married someone from the aristocracy, he would have more than likely ended up with a close cousin due to the combination of both his mother and father who were/are very inbred themselves.   It is ashame that Kate turned out to be such a mistake because genetic wise introducing new bloodlines is what the RF needs. 

The Queen Mother brought back the old royal and aristocratic bloodlines from Scotland and England, Prince Philip simply reintroduced back the German and Dutch, Diana and Fergie brought back the old royal and aristocratic bloodlines like the Queen Mother.  Also, Diana and Fergie, even though they were/are not Princesses by birth they were/are by blood.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

Philip also introduced a thin strain of Romanov lineage as well.

I am sure there are Eastern European families that would have injected some fresh lineage, but at the same time, posh enough to end up being a lot better than just common as muck Middleton lineage. It's not just royal lineage that makes people inbred.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:27 pm »

That is very true too.  Well, I have heard that by the time you are fifth cousins with someone it is safe to marry.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:58:58 pm »

Eastern Europeans are close linked to Phillip so not really.

The only option imo would have been a very low german princess or a catholic for ex Luxembourg.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:32:24 am »

No, the RF does not need anymore German blood.  Imo, it is the German bloodline that got them in the mess of attaching themselves to that one person in the first place.  There is nothing wrong with being in love with someone and being totally devoted to them, but they should never be put above your duty as a royal.  HM is about the only one who has understood that but did not pass the lesson down to the next generations.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 07:15:38 am »

I do think that some Russian lineage, or perhaps Polish lineage would be an interesting addition. Or perhaps a member of the aristocracy, which would surely be a pleasant novelty.

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:36:57 am »

.. what do you think Diana was ?   or come to that Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon ??

Aristocracy perhaps ?  laugh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:37:44 am »

I see your point, but I meant that William should have continued to end up marrying an aristocrat, perhaps someone from the Nothern aristocracy.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 02:16:33 am »

Half of them were from the wrong side of the blanket anyway...so goodness knows what we have in the mix  blink

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:20 am »

Being from the wrong side of the blanket does not change the fact that if your parent was a King/Queen it still makes you blood royal.  Genetics and bloodlines care little if a child is born in or out of wedlock.  Also, those wrong siders were given titles by their King fathers so they were not only blood royal but nobles too.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:03 am »

The French Revolution was a study of mine in college and, I swear, the whole of France must be a few generations away from the throne.  Whew, they were busy on all sides of the blankets.

It happens.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:44 am »

Didn't Charles or the courtiers have some sort of list of suitable girls? I remember hearing something about that.

the whole of France must be a few generations away from the throne.

I find it ironic that hte French kings had more illegitimate children than they did legitimate, it says something about the aspect of inbreeding.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:35:33 am »

^Yep, they did and I already yapped about that, so I'll say nada.

As for the French, well, they are very, um, 'sensitive' to the other sex, but the pre-revolution days were particularly ripe from my lessons.  Has it changed?  Not much.  I go to France whenever possible.  We'll leave that alone....

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 05:14:27 am »

Hehe, I won't ask...

Anyway, these days royalty isn't so closely related that any defects could occur, mainly because first cousins don't marry and the royals are pretty much broken apart and scattered around. Plus no one really worries overmuch about marrying for reasons of state, yet another reason that htere are less problems. When I look at it, now that it's more of a social designation, the royals are able to marry other aristos and royals, without the compliactions of having to keep good PR or such, so they marry people they are comfortable with. I think that lineage is important, among that set and I see a lot more ahppy couples among dethroned families and not the reigning ones.

^I'm sure Prince Charles had a file with the names of potential brides for William...

I wonder how many beauties Charles and the courtiers had on their list of potential brides for William and who they have on the list of prospects for Harry. I wonder if whether or not Harry is looking at the list of beauties meant for William. I think that the onus is now on Harry to marry well and I think that he will be cooperative. Think about it; he probably had grand designs for a prestigious match and not just prestigious, but also someone who would be a good companion, wife, mother, daughter-in-law and someone he would WANT to end up paying for if he had to.

I heard that Charles fancied Caroline of Monaco, but Caroline became too much of a jet setter for his preference. Supposedly Grace sat her nephew Christian de Massey next to Princess Anne in hopes that something would happen, but nothing did. I think the Spencer girls were options, along with Amanda Mountbatten and Jane Wellesly, but go figure, Diana ended up getting the ring and the rest is history. I dont' think the Monaco princes and princesses have ever been considered good enough and then of course, Grace Kelly'spretentious airs. She was a good Princess of Monaco, but she was qutie the pill, since she was against women having careers and feeding babies from bottles (despite the fact that she herself had a career and also apparently was the first female on the MGM board of directors) and pushed her daughters to make HER look good.

Lineage is lineage and I think that more than anything, it would have been interesting to see a princess, maybe a foreign one, add impressive lineage and bloodlines to William's and then end up with someone that the courtiers would not have minded bending the knee to.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:19:47 am »

Seeing someone 'appropriate' would've been heaven with PW for the world at large.  Expectations were hard to match.  But, perhaps we expected more for him and to see him pick WK it wasn't just a slight letdown it was a crash and burn off the Grand Canyon.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 05:25:18 am »

I think that people wanted the wrong things out of him and perhaps he felt he couldn't win. My main interest was someone titled and who ahd a solidly respectable career, something prestigious, but nothing that would be impossible to match. Too many wanted him to rebel and choose a commoner, someone who would pizz off the courtiers, someone normal, without taking into consideration what would be considered normal.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 05:29:41 am »

Point and match.  I hadn't thought of that.  He chose the shallow, I'll show 'em, route.  Good and probably absolutely true, vantage.   thumbsup, KF.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 05:37:18 am »

His brain broke because he tried and tried and tried to figure himself out, while under tremendous pressure. There were too many huge expectations placed on him at such a young age and I think he secretly wanted a prestigious match, the same as any prince and yet he couldn't do that because he was put through pressure to be everything to everyone. I think that the people around him failed him in every way and he could never really escape to figure things out for himself.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:58 am »

From a safe distance, it's sad, really, if I wasn't so ticked at him.  On the other hand, he's a grown man with a brain, I hope and he has to live with his decisions, so my empathy only goes so far.

The good news?  He's learning now.  (HUGE cost, but still, I don't have to pay for it, so, let 'er dance) But, if I was paying for this learning curve and WK?  Oh, it would be effigies on the front lawn of BP, but that's just me.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: