Royal Gossip
June 25, 2018, 03:00:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Margaret's Family: News & Pics  (Read 13105 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:21 am »

The royals tried the semi-evening long gown thing for Margaret's wedding, with hats. Would have been better to go the whole hog and have gowns, orders and tiaras IMHO.

I've never been an admirer of the Queen's outfit for this wedding. The headpiece is atrocious even by 1960 cocktail hat standards, and although the torquoise was a beautiful shade the whole thing seemed to swamp her. The Queen is a petite woman and there was just too much material.

I do think that Margaret was passionately in love with Tony, and that lasted for a while, though he was never faithful. However the story is that Margaret (who was thirty, a fairly old bride for those days) reacted to the news that Townsend was getting engaged to a very young Belgian girl. She was determined not to lose face and have people pity her and so decided to marry. On the other hand Tony wouldn't have proposed if he didn't want to wed her, I suppose.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:15 pm »

Some sources said she had a "pact" with Townsend that they would never marry other people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: