Royal Gossip
July 19, 2018, 02:53:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Margaret's Family: News & Pics  (Read 13291 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 09:32:56 am »

If this article is true and she and Pete slept together when Margaret was barely 17 he must have started grooming her years before when she was still an unremarkable unworldly 14 year old and Pete was a figure of trust in her life. That ' what makes it borderline pedophilia IMO.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:56 pm »

When Margaret was 14 in 1944 she was away at Windsor Castle under the eagle eye of 'Crawfie', her governess. I can't see Peter Townsend getting away with much under those circumstances. Anyway, wasn't Townsend ADC to the King at that time and travelling about with him? (It was still wartime.) Later maybe, after Miss Crawford had left and the family were distracted by the King's bad health after the war. Who knows!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 01:28:29 pm »

Even when a teenager is involved, I wouldn't immediately go to "p*edo" and "grooming" thoughts. Not all teenagers look like children, whilst some 20-somethings can look like kids still.. Either way, pphilia is an attraction to children and Margaret was not a child anymore. And never underestimate the will and power of a teenager, esp one who thinks they're adults, wants to behave and be treated like an adult, and acts on their hormones. I wouldn't put either Townsend nor Margaret as victim here of anything. Also as pointed out above, we see 16/ 17 year olds as children still, at the time they were basically adults and many about to be married. I am not at all sanctioning this or excusing it, they are both to me despicable, as it seems quite clear that she was the reason why his marriage failed, and I have had the very suspicion for the longest time that the marriage failed because of his affair with Maragret & that they fudged the timeline officially, and this confirms it to me. They certainly were preoccupied with the king's health, and whilst everyone knows everything, I think that time was easy to "fly under the radar", everyone worried about the king and at the same time I'd assume due to his poor health he wasn't relied quite all the information.

I too would like to know how they avoided pregnancy at the time and wasn't she terrified of getting pregnant? Even if abortions had been illegal, I believe that a doctor would still have performed one at the request of king & queen. There is a story from a man who's dead-set that Margaret & Townsend are his parents. hmmm...

What has me personally much more shocked is that Mrs Townsend chose to make the divorce "her fault" and protect that wretched family from scandal. And she took the scandal to her grave, one of her sons is rightly upset about it. I suspect that most in the circle knew, but still. The woman had a blemish on her just so the Windsors could look as saintly as ever. Disgusting.

PS Can't wait for the publication of Townsend's letters to M in 2030, imo that ought to reveal quite a bit, unless the most revealing remain private or were destroyed...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:31:58 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:29 pm »

He proposed to a 19 year old a few years after he and Margaret broke up. She was of age of course but he liked them younger.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:36 pm »

IRA 'plotted to kill Princess Margaret with hitman nicknamed The Jackal after she called the Irish 'pigs''

She allegedly made the disparaging comment during her 1979 tour of America
    It was supposedly said during a conversation with the mayor of Chicago
    Her spokesman, Lord Nigel Napier, completely denied that she had said it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5294349/IRA-plotted-kill-Princess-Margaret.html

In Margaret's defence, to her literally everyone was "a pig" and "beneath". Whilst the Irish were rightfully insulted, the IRA shouldn't have plotted to kill her because of that. If that were reason enough to murder her, I suspect everyone would have plotted to kill M who met her, ever. Incl that poor pregnant woman M wouldn't let use the loo (or go home?), because M was the ultimate narcissistic pig.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 02:55:10 pm »

New documentary reveals that the Queen APPROVED of the lover who broke up Princess Margaret's marriage - because he made her 'really happy'

Channel 5 documentary sees Lady Anne Glenconner reveal that the Queen thanked her for introducing Princess Margaret to lover Roddy Llewellyn
    Pair's friendship was said to be behind the breakdown of Margaret's marriage
    Photos of Margaret and Roddy pictured on a Mustique beach in 1976 caused a media frenzy at the time - her marriage to Lord Snowdon ended a month later
    Lady Anne Glenconner says the Queen told her she approved of the affair because it made Margaret 'really happy'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5439705/The-Queen-opens-Princess-Margarets-love-life.html
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 04:49:30 am »

ick
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 06:06:33 am »

Is it just me, or is the entire Windsor dynasty vile? Margaret carrying on with a married man and basically pressuring the wife to take the blame while HM approves of an affair so her sister is happy?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2018, 06:41:41 am »

In spite of the Townsend son take on things, (and both sons were still young when their parents divorced)  Rosemary Townsend, who married Peter when she was scarcely out of her teens, was no innocent. She had an affair with John de Laszlo while Peter was away with the royals as equerry, married John after the divorce, then years later divorced him and shortly afterwards married for a third time.

As for Roddy Llewellen, every single man and his dog knew that by the time he came on the scene the Snowdon marriage was in a terrible state. Endless rows, unfaithfulness on both sides. It was said that when the Margaret-Roddy story broke, Snowdon, who was in Australia, secretly rejoiced because it was a chance to officially separate with him walking away smelling of roses. Or so he thought at the time. However his own affairs have been well documented since. I can remember him on Oz TV burbling on in his statement about it being desperately sad. He didn't exactly look heartbroken, to say the least.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2018, 08:13:19 pm »

Antony was a user who used Margaret to get an HRH; he was no 'one of the people' kind of man.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 08:16:45 pm »

The marriage seemed pretty hopeless from the outset. When Armstrong Jones was involved in a menage a trois with a couple (while he was "serious" with Margaret") and got the wife pregnant. The DNA confirmed that the daughter conceived is the wife's and Armstrong Jones' He was quite the player. I doubt she was serious about Roddy. I recall the "love child" was born around the time of his wedding to Margaret.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 09:52:12 pm »

Antony was a user who used Margaret to get an HRH; he was no 'one of the people' kind of man.

He didn't get an HRH and knew he was never going to get on as he was marrying a daughter of a monarch not a son.

He wasn't even given an earldom to begin with. It was Margaret who insisted on him becoming an Earl when she was pregnant with David so that her children weren't born with no titles.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 10:26:55 pm »

Gotcha.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:51 pm »

The most glamorous wedding of all! Daily Mail revisits Princess Margaret's stylish nuptials to Lord Snowdon with original newspaper reports from 1960 - including their THREE HOUR honeymoon send-off

Ahead of Meghan and Harry's nuptials the Daily Mail is remembering some of the best loved royal weddings 
    This special edition was created from original reports of Princess Margaret's wedding on May 7, 1960
    The Queen's younger sister married Lord Snowdon at Westminster Abbey in the most stylish fashion

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5733427/The-glamorous-wedding-Daily-Mail-revisits-Princess-Margarets-stylish-nuptials.html
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »

Princess Margaret's wedding to Tony Armstrong Jones was indeed stylish and beautiful. Unfortunately the marriage that followed wasn't!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 07:01:47 pm »

^ Indeed.
And I have to say, her dress stood the test of time quite nicely. Maybe the skirt not that full anymore, but overall a dress you could comfortably wear even today.
Can't say the same is true for Liz's dress.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:11 pm »

She looked gorgeous. Her tiara has always been one of my favourites.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 08:38:09 pm »

In the photo of HM, Princess Anne and the Queen Mum, Lady Louise is similar in looks to Princess Anne as a child.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5733427/The-glamorous-wedding-Daily-Mail-revisits-Princess-Margarets-stylish-nuptials.html

Love the tiara too and the right hairstyle to wear it too.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:06 pm »

^ Indeed, but also because Anne looks a lot like Liz.

Margaret was one of the most beautiful "royal"/ high profile brides. Sadly on the inside she was vile as heck sly sigh
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2018, 01:58:10 am »

Very true, but I'm thinking she was pretty much ignored and or treated badly by the most vile woman of the family- the queen mum. Lilibet was the important one, the one that would be queen and get all the goodies so to speak. Lilibet got to marry the man she wanted. I can sort of understand why she was a selfish cold bi&ch, but I sure don't feel sorry for her.  tehe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: