Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:47:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Margaret's Family: News & Pics  (Read 8742 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

Viscount Linley' son, has been appointed by the Queen to be her Page of Honour.

By Tim Walker
7:30AM GMT 01 Mar 2012
Viscount Linley’s daughter, Margarita Armstrong-Jones, was thrilled to be chosen as one of Kate Middleton’s four bridesmaids at the royal wedding. Lord Linley’s son, Charles, could, however, be forgiven for having felt disappointed that he was not one of her two pageboys.

Happily, Mandrake hears that Linley’s aunt, the Queen, has stepped in to appoint the 12-year-old Charles to be her Page of Honour.

“Charles never made a fuss about not being made a pageboy, but the Queen was keen to ensure that he did not feel left out,” says a courtier. “She is very fond of Princess Margaret’s grandchildren.”

Charles, who becomes a teenager in July, will succeed Jack Soames as the Queen’s first Page of Honour. Soames has held the position since 2008. The ceremonial role involves holding the long train of the Queen’s dress on formal occasions such as the State Opening of Parliament.

At the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding last April, the two pageboys were Billy Lowther-Pinkerton and Tom Pettifer. Billy is the 11-year-old son of Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, who has been Prince William’s private secretary since 2005. Tom is the eight-year-old son of Tiggy Pettifer, née Legge-Bourke,
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9114281/The-Queen-turns-a-page-for-Viscount-Linleys-son.html

What I can't figure out is why the writer of the article had to make it about Kate!!!   bored3

[/URL]
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:29 am »

^ they always do, there's an article in the DM today about the death of 2 of the patients that K and W visited at the Royal Marsden...and guess what...it's mainly about Kate and they've even tagged on a pic of Waity in her wedding dress  bored3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108571/Kate-Middleton-saddened-teenagers-met-cancer-ward-died.html

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:50:48 am »

Yes I just read that Mooster and was tempted to attempt to leave a comment but decided it might end up looking distasteful because the youngsters have died - which is why the PR machine likes to do this - connect W&K to something tragic to make them appear more caring etc. It's cynical but the sheeple fall for it.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:55 am »

I think the DT has some sort of agreement with BP and SJP not to allow comments on their online stories. It may just be for the duration of Jubilee perhaps? Perhaps? However two or three weeks ago there were many stories which allowed comments but they were getting quite a hostile response.

I don't just think it was republican trolls either many readers said they were fed up withy PR drivel about the Royals in a serious newspaper.

The comment boards have vanished but the "puff pieces" have continued, in fact they have increased. Go and look at the Royal Family section and you'll see what I mean.

I suspect someone's had a word with them.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »

I think that now they are interested to be in their good graces, why? No idea. Maybe the owner thinks he will get privileges once Charles is king.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
milagro
courtier

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 06:43:06 am »

What do pages of honor do?
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:48:56 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_of_Honour

The only physical activity involved is usually carrying the long train of the Queen's dress.

This is him at 2:23 right?
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:49 am »

What do pages of honor do?

Usually run messages, stand on ceremony, assist HM in general activites, that sort of thing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:02 am »

Not so ...

The Ceremonial role involves holding the long train of the Queen’s dress on formal occasions such as the State Opening of Parliament.

He will not be fetching carrying for HM, or assisting HM in general activities, she employs  pages and footmen for that job.

He will be there on State Occasions... that's it.

milagro
courtier

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

Acornia, Kuei Fei, Tatiana, thank a lot!
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:13 am »

Oops, I forgot to give the Youtube link in my previous post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY

Just ignore the bride if you can  tehe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 05:30:02 pm »

Lady Sarah Chatto attends Goodwood Races

http://www.gettyimages.es/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=149684895&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Lady Sarah is such a class act

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:36 am »

She is, she always dresses well.  But I don't know why Getty Images published these photos of her and her sons.  I don't think I've ever seen this done before, minor/virtually-non royals being publicised in this way.  Just seems a bit strange, that's all.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 02:28:05 am »

Sarah may not be the most beautiful but d@mn, she dresses so well  thumbsup
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 05:06:15 am »

Margaret's VERY private correspondence: Extraordinary cache of letters she sent to socialite said to have been her lesbian lover reveals Princess's most intimate feelings

Before Kate and Diana, she was the royal star who captivated the public: a fairytale princess with lustrous eyes and flawless skin.
Yet when she died, the abiding image of Princess Margaret was of a frail, careworn woman in a wheelchair, those once celebrated eyes hidden by dark glasses.
The woman who had been a headstrong beauty with the world at her dainty feet had become an ageing figure on the margins of the Royal Family when she suffered a fatal stroke at 71, her health ruined by a lifetime of excess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2962333/Margaret-s-private-correspondence-Extraordinary-cache-letters-sent-socialite-said-lesbian-lover-reveals-Princess-s-intimate-feelings.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 11:41:36 pm »

^ Thanks, it has interesting tidbits

Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:12:42 am »

Interesting
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 04:23:12 pm »

Everyone's new favourite royal: The Queen's always adored her... now that remarkable documentary has thrust Margaret's down-to-earth daughter Sarah into the spotlight

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3566547/The-Queen-s-adored-remarkable-royal-documentary-thrust-Margaret-s-earth-daughter-Sarah-spotlight.html#ixzz47K8ADnl4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've always liked her. She has class. And her husband is a hottie!

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 04:27:40 pm »

Lovely voice and a catching smile.
Shows people like you because you are likable, you can't fake that as Wimpo and Waity are finding out.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 05:10:25 pm »

^

Genuine, warm, gentle and kind, non of which Kate can fake.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: