Royal Gossip
October 15, 2018, 08:47:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana has been baptised as a Mormon  (Read 5210 times)
PaulaB
courtier

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:16 am »

They have only just stopped baptising victims of the Jewish concentration camps.
 http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-03-05/mormons-proxy-baptism-holocaust-jews/53372816/1
The Mormon practice known as "baptism for the dead" involves living people being baptized on behalf of their dead relatives. Mormons believe it is their moral obligation to do the temple rituals, while those in the hereafter can either accept or reject the ordinance.
In the early 1990s, Jewish representatives complained about the practice, arguing that it disrespected Jews who died in the Holocaust. Mormon leaders agreed to remove them from the list of candidates for baptism, unless they were related to living church members.
The task, however, proved difficult, and many of the names continued to pop up in the database. In 2010, the Mormons assured Jews that a new computer system would help solve the problem.
But it exploded again in recent weeks as reporters published accounts of proxy baptisms for several well-known figures, including the deceased parents of famed Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal, and slain Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

For example Anne Franke AND Hitler have both been baptised.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »

That´s so outrageous  thumbsdown
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:14 pm »

Anne Frank's been baptized nine times.

You'd think it'd stick after the first time. If they have to baptize her nine times then it really doesn't count for much. wellduh
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:16 pm »

oooh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »

LOL you got a point liebich
But who knows she might have refused it the first eight times  laugh
I know I shouldn't laugh about this religious stuff but dang they are making it hard for me to resist tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 07:12:41 am »

At first I was outraged and pretty furious.

Then I found out about the "nine times" bit.

Now I just think it's ridiculous.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: