Royal Gossip
May 21, 2018, 06:19:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roast swan, Eggs Drumkilbo... Relish a Royal wedding feast fit for will and kate  (Read 3830 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: December 10, 2010, 04:37:44 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1337377/Royal-wedding-feast-fit-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-Roast-swan-Eggs-Drumkilbo.html

[
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:17 pm »

Horrible thought, they are the Queen's property, not to be eaten.  That barbarity ceased a long time ago.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 04:55:39 pm »

Does no one bother to do anything resembling research? And secondly, good ot hear they will be enjoying such a lavish repast while others starve after being unable to pay for anything.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:59:19 pm »

I agree KF, and not the swans HM loves them!!!

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

Peincess Alucard:  That's illegal anyway, and as I said they all belong to the Queen. 
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 05:10:00 pm »

And secondly, good ot hear they will be enjoying such a lavish repast while others starve after being unable to pay for anything.
It's the famous quote let them eat cake from MA all these people better be careful the masses will not tolerate all this much longer.
The whole menu sounds stomach turning.  blink

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

What about actual food instead of such pretentious tripe? Why rub this in the face of the public? The RF and Middletons will be enjoying gourmet and champagne in fancy dress/jewels while the rest of the public scrambles for survival. And then KAte will merrily flaunt her riches and position while the public starves. Then the Middletons will throw their weight around day in and day out, wihle the public scrambles to survive.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:10 pm »

ick

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »

I agree KF, and not the swans HM loves them!!!

Why does the press make the RF out to be cahracters out of some Harlequin novel, or like aristocrats out of a BBC series?

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 01:55:32 am »

Why is the press writing these articles about William and Kate having feasts at their wedding, just after a revolt about school tuition prices yesterday?   easter-think These articles aren't making the couple appear sensitive to the public who may have lost jobs, or struggling to put food on their tables,or pay their bills or those in need.

comments:
Not many I know are even excited by this pair. William is only living off of the adoration his mother garnered, he has basically hid himself away from the public for years and became a part of the tacky Middleton clan, taking frivalous vacations to Ibiza and any other jetset celebrity enclave.
Harry is the only one who has any real charisma.
- Scott, British Virgin Islands, 10/12/2010

Tuition hikes are occurring in this country. People can barely pay their mortgages and we are supposed to honor (and pay taxes toward) Kate Middleton who's only job was to "bag" Prince William??? Are we supposed to be in awe of this undeserved privilege chav while the rest of us serfs are struggling???- Riley, London, UK, 10/12/2010
runforhills

[/URL]
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 02:13:28 am »

Do you think the press want us to *despise* them?

because if that is the plan there is a good chance it will work

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 02:29:41 am »

@SG
Hmm that's weird easter-think
That first comment you quoted has disappeared!
I can't find it on the link any more?!
The hell??  sly  huh

But on topic: their wedding menu will be whatever they want it to be I guess, although I sincerely doubt they will eat swan!  X-Mas_rolleyes they're protected after all!
Whether it's gonna be a lavish three-day-Morocco-style wedding party with belly-dancers and live musicians or just a simple 4 course dinner and dance remains to be seen, personally I would advise the 4 course thing -it's a bit easier on the stomach-but hey it's their wedding!  dontknow
But I would love to see the cake they're gonna eat!  tehe
I really liked Vickie's & Dan's wedding cake: huge, but not to much sugar coated flowers or other rif-raf! And the recipe sounded so yummy!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 03:35:03 am »

Good posts everyone.  thumbsup

The public are just not buying this fairy tale, no matter how much the media wants to shove it down our collective throats. It's not working. If it were, Kate would be seen out and about by now.

Something is amiss, I can feel it.  easter-think
DrWonderWoman
courtier

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 05:24:43 am »

Ewww...I'm about ready to puke at the thought of some of those dishes. ick None of it sounds appetizing except for the strawberries!
June
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 05:26:34 am »

That's true, I'd rather have fast food than what is on that menu! I'd be starving.  eating cookies
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 05:05:16 pm »

You know, there is a McDonald's not too far from the wedding. I am sure the chauffeur would be happy enough to go through the drive thru so the could pic up a Big Mac on the way back from the wedding.  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 06:41:30 pm »

Knowimg mysefl, I would take some token forkfuls of each course and then after leaving, run off to a fast food restaurant or diner and gleefully regale stories of the wedding feast to the other patrons and staff.

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 07:44:40 pm »

Why is the press writing these articles about William and Kate having feasts at their wedding, just after a revolt about school tuition prices yesterday?   easter-think These articles aren't making the couple appear sensitive to the public who may have lost jobs, or struggling to put food on their tables,or pay their bills or those in need.

comments:
Not many I know are even excited by this pair. William is only living off of the adoration his mother garnered, he has basically hid himself away from the public for years and became a part of the tacky Middleton clan, taking frivalous vacations to Ibiza and any other jetset celebrity enclave.
Harry is the only one who has any real charisma.
- Scott, British Virgin Islands, 10/12/2010

Tuition hikes are occurring in this country. People can barely pay their mortgages and we are supposed to honor (and pay taxes toward) Kate Middleton who's only job was to "bag" Prince William??? Are we supposed to be in awe of this undeserved privilege chav while the rest of us serfs are struggling???- Riley, London, UK, 10/12/2010
runforhills

I think the lack of respect & cynical views from the press towards the BRF are palpable.  Such public resentment should be taken seriously & not cast them aside.  This is more than just the hike of tuition fees.  The public is crying for change IMO.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »

I'm sure the Court does, but the royals DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! This is the problem I have; the courtiers break their back and do thier best, but then the royals go about doing as they please, irrespective of the consequences. The courtiers need to let the RF learn to clean up their own messes.

Publishing the details of a lovely feast is vulgar, the public facing imminent starvation doesn't need to hear this a visualize all this as their lives fall to pieces. Right now, when they see the jewels that Kate will be wearing, even more rage. I just find it sad that the courtier's futures are riding on this and the RF is the family that will end up ruining their lives too.

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 10:33:04 pm »

That meal sounds disgusting, not to mention completely pretentious! If this article has even a shred of truth to it, it just makes me wonder what are they trying to prove? And to whom?

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: