Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:32:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camb's Staff  (Read 121589 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 06:05:55 pm »

Camilla Tominey‏@CamillaTominey

Staff changes at Clarence House spark dawn of a new era...

According to Richard Palmer tweets:

Some internal promotions at St James's Palace. Rebecca Deacon becomes private sec to Kate; Miguel Head private sec to William.

(via other threads in the forum)

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

Is it usual for marriage couple to have their own private secretaries?

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 06:26:41 pm »

^^I would say yes.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Palace officials says the office internal promotions and reorganisation announced today reflect how much busier the household has become.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »

It's all being paid for by Charles out of the Duchy of Cornwall profits. Quite amusing that Republic has just launched a campaign to abolish the Duchy as below:

Republic believes that the Duchy’s revenue, like that of the Crown Estate, should be paid to the Treasury to fund public services.

Although Charles voluntarily pays some tax on this income, he offsets a range of “business expenses” including butlers, valets, chefs, personal dressers and chauffeurs, resulting in further losses to the Treasury.

As well as providing Charles with a multi-million pound income, the Duchy gives the heir to the throne a unique range of powers – including the right to veto legislation which may affect his private interests.

And...

Launching the campaign, Republic’s chief executive Graham Smith said:

“It is simply absurd that taxpayers lose out on many millions of pounds each year to fund one very privileged man. The Duchy belongs to the nation, not Charles Windsor, and its profits should support our public services.”

“Charles, and any future heir to throne, doesn’t need tens of millions each year to carry out his very undemanding duties. That money should be funding our schools, our hospitals and our armed forces. The current arrangement is arcane, archaic and unfair – it has to end.”

“If the government believes there is a job for Prince Charles to do then they must fund him in the usual manner as they would with any other public official.”

http://www.republic.org.uk/updates/?p=553
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:31:53 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 06:38:53 pm »

phil dampier ‏@phildampier
All indicates new era. Expect to see Queen and Duke wind down at end of Jubilee year and younger generation play bigger roles.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 09:46:15 pm »

^^I would say yes.

Palace officials says the office internal promotions and reorganisation announced today reflect how much busier the household has become.
really.. i am not sure since they are still using the same people they have plus if they were busy, need more people. Not sure whats the use of JLP as head of all the private secretaries  tehe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »

phil dampier ‏@phildampier
All indicates new era. Expect to see Queen and Duke wind down at end of Jubilee year and younger generation play bigger roles.

What precisely will they be doing? WKH seem more ambitious than to make appearances, but go figure, at the same time, they are untrained and unable to do much else.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 12:39:02 am »

^Probably fluff apperances like they do now calling  it "work".Throwing balls around telling kids to play outside photo-OPs with children painting,jumping,skipping,clapping etc.Nothing like meeting heads of states and trying to make England/Uk proud just a bunch of spongers making believe they are doing something and the press of course  putting picture after picture of them in the articles pretending they are actually "doing" something same ol stuff_IMO.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 01:42:05 am »

Strange, too, because I thought PW and WK were going to start trying for a family on or after their Jubilee trip.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 02:33:43 am »

I just wonder, why should William have his own staff that answers only to him? He isn't the Heir and he isn't Sovereign and he is unable to run his own life effectively and he barely works, so wh should he have his own office and staff?

Nothing like meeting heads of states and trying to make England/Uk proud

Politicians are trained to meet heads of states and work to make the UK proud; when he isn't worrying about the RF, Cameron and his wife do a spectacular job at it. Samantha and Dave spent more time meeting with the Obamas than W/K, Dave actually runs the country and his wife is always well dressed and poised.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 02:52:19 am »

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

@RoyalForumMoron The palace says Kate does much of the work Helen Asprey used to do for Will. The couple have a

more junior assistant.

blink Like what? I wonder?

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2012, 04:49:53 am »

^Yeah, I don't get this at all.  They aren't heads of state, there's already a PR staff on task and obviously WK doesn't have a sartorial assistant, so what exactly do they need extra staff for?  Too bad there isn't a way for the people of the UK to get a handle on the actual tasks at hand for these people.  I don't want to take away work from anybody, but for these two to have her own office staff doesn't make sense.

Not yet anyway.  And, for the record, where's my thank you note from the wedding?  Give me a break.  The only thing I can come up with is that they're spies for HM.  That makes sense.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:31 am »

I wonder if she is in the Palace behaving like a servant to Willie?
Or maybe she didn't want Helen Asprey around William too much on a personal basis?

[/URL]
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2012, 05:00:49 am »

^^Wouldn't surprise me. eating cookies

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:31 am »

^Then spy away, Liz!!!!  There has to be some checks and balances on these two knuckleheads and maybe this is the way to find out exactly what's going on with them.  I know if she was my daughter-in-law or whatever and in their position, I'd have the A-Team and NCIS all over their butts.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

The household reorganisation at SJP will increase Will, Kate and Harry's staff from 9 to 11. In addition, 5 work for their foundation

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 11:19:07 am »

That's an awful lot of staff for people who don't do very much. Unless the Queen and PP are going to go into retirement I can't see how they can justify any of this.

As I've said before this is all funded via the Duchy of Cornwall but the Foundation staff should be paid for out of the charity's funds. There was a report that admin would cost approx £500,000 a year for the Foundation and a donor has paid for this (they wouldn't say who).

Funny how this just HAPPENS to leak out right now under cover of the Olympics.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:21:14 am by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »

This is ridiculous.
Do they need these people to help with moving money around to make it look like they're successful fundraisers? Or put out more PR crap?
I bet they're very busy trying to keep this mess from falling apart.  bored3

Not yet anyway.  And, for the record, where's my thank you note from the wedding?  Give me a break. 
Yooper, darling. They've got no money to pay someone to send you a thank you letter (WK clearly can't do it herself).  there The bit of money they've got needs to go to WK as a thank you.   bored3
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »

^SO true.  The more they try to put a bandaid on this squirting jugular, the worse it gets.

As for my lack of a thank you, you're probably right, Leila.  The monies had to go to a worthier cause.  Next time (yeah, whatever) I send her anything I'll include a SASE, the poor little urchin with no manners whatsoever.

starlite
Baroness

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 07:59:33 pm »

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

@RoyalForumMoron The palace says Kate does much of the work Helen Asprey used to do for Will. The couple have a

more junior assistant.

blink Like what? I wonder?

yeah right. he's never with her...so I doubt she knows much about his whereabouts and what he's doing. I can definitely see PW being cagey w/ Kate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: