Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 01:32:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nobels  (Read 18470 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 10:16:34 pm »

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2018/12/swedish-royal-family-attended-2018.html

Not liking Vis dress this year

I like Sofia dress the chocker she could have left it at home
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »

It's just not the same without the gorgeous Madde.  Is she retiring from appearances?   Too bad.    I loved the three Swedish royal women and their fierce tiara wear.

Sofia doesn't count.    easter-James
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2018, 05:51:42 pm »

^ She's not retiring, but due to living in the US she'll make fewer appearances in Sweden, which is why she's not at the Nobels this year.
And yeah I agree!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2018, 06:43:08 pm »

Something’s “off” this year with the Nobels.  Can’t put my finger on it.  Seems kind of flat. Maybe it is a lack of more fierce tiaras. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2018, 06:55:40 pm »

What seems off to me, is a lack of upbeat high spiritedness that usually surrounds the SRF this time of year. Usually Victoria and the rest of the family are perky, energetic, and happy. This time Victoria seems oddly pensive and as if she's coming down from some kind of high that she was on after she married her brother. As for Madeleine, she should be there; as a Princess of Sweden she is still supported by the taxpayer and she should be there honoring the winners with her presence.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2018, 06:57:30 pm »

I think there were rumours of Madde and thr king having argued.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2018, 07:14:24 pm »

Over what? I remembered reading how she lives in Palm Beach now and also New York.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2018, 08:36:40 pm »

^^ About what?  Her moving to USA?  Her dislike of Sofia, the SWF?   Do tell!!   
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2018, 08:53:08 pm »

I think it was her moving. My mother read it somewhere and told me.

Article in spanish https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial.com/casas-reales/2018-11-23/reina-silvia-de-suecia-mala-relacion-magdalena_1664866/ real source is bunte

The king didnt like that she went again to USA and that she didnt go to the nobels. Silvia had to help to heal the rift. Shd will attend her fathers bday this december.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:56:35 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2018, 10:44:33 pm »

I do think she shouldn't be living in the USA and getting Swedish taxpayer money and ignoring the Nobel ceremony. This is a huge event for Sweden and I am certain that Madeleine is being stupid in missing this major event. She's a Princess of Sweden, not a Princess of Palm Beach.

HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2018, 11:48:41 pm »

Madeleine only gets taxpayer's money when she actually works, i.e. makes an appearance etc. She does not get complete funding like e.g. Harry does. The Swedes do it differently, so her living in the US (or London or wherever outside Sweden) is actually a plus for the Swedish taxpayer, because fewer appearances = less apanage.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2018, 12:37:49 am »

Ah, I see.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: