Royal Gossip
August 15, 2018, 04:51:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Being Royal Comes With a Price Tag  (Read 1832 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: February 20, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »

http://diegolindroth.blogspot.com/2012/02/being-royal-comes-with-price-tag.html

I'm putting this here, but again, mods, move wherever.  But, it does include $ being spent by WK.  Godawful pic of her, too.

Since marrying into the royal family, Kate Middleton has become privy to lots of perks. But surprisingly, free fashion isn't one of them. While backstage at the Rebecca Taylor Fall 2012 fashion show, the designer revealed to In Touch she just received a check from Buckingham Palace for clothing the Duchess of Cambridge purchased. "I love her and her style," the designer told In Touch. "She wears our clothes but we can't gift them, so just this week I received a check with an invoice number and everything straight from Buckingham Palace!”

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »

Couldn't get over the photo, manly hands check; goofy grin, check!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07:18 am »

http://diegolindroth.blogspot.com/2012/02/being-royal-comes-with-price-tag.html

I'm putting this here, but again, mods, move wherever.  But, it does include $ being spent by WK.  Godawful pic of her, too.

Since marrying into the royal family, Kate Middleton has become privy to lots of perks. But surprisingly, free fashion isn't one of them. While backstage at the Rebecca Taylor Fall 2012 fashion show, the designer revealed to In Touch she just received a check from Buckingham Palace for clothing the Duchess of Cambridge purchased. "I love her and her style," the designer told In Touch. "She wears our clothes but we can't gift them, so just this week I received a check with an invoice number and everything straight from Buckingham Palace!”

These fashions are not really all that elegant and look choppy; as for money, of course she is paying and of course the Palace is paying for her fashion choices. I don't think she can afford any of this on her own to be frank.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gloria
courtier

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:35:05 am »

Many people don't like Kate Middleton because she comes across as somehow false.Marrying into the Royal family is a privilege, but responsibilities go with that privilege.Kate and PW DO NOT WANT RESPONSIBILITIES
Kate does nothing much, as usual, except shopping
Kate  loved the day I stop being a selfish and get to work. Kate if she had let go to PW. I'm sure she trabajariaen the press or conducting any program tv cheap but would be with the stars that's what her idea to be a star not a princess.Kate MODEL DOES NOT LOOKS A PRINCESS.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:56:29 am by akasha2411 » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:40 am »

I'll never understand why she is so determined to shirk her responsibilities. It's not difficult and she still owes the nation after that ludicrous wedding that she ended up having. She seems to refuse to get it into her thick haired head that she owes the press and public everything and if she were to accept that, her life would be a million times easier.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:17 am »

And I don't understand why Buckingham Palace paying for money for her clothes makes HER down to Earth. That's what they are trying to portray here, that she is not using her status to get things. But it means nothing as BP is paying for everything. In actuality I wish she would take freebies as she did when she was just a girlfriend because we could see better things from her and not have to complain of the expense she is making without really working.

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:40 am »

That's what got to me, too, RITS.  This blows the whole Topshop, 'she's like us!' bull out of the water, to me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:15 am »

And I don't understand why Buckingham Palace paying for money for her clothes makes HER down to Earth. That's what they are trying to portray here, that she is not using her status to get things. But it means nothing as BP is paying for everything. .

I do find that ironic since she after all, has no money of her own and would not have McQueen dresses if not for the fact that her husband's family is writing the checks to pay for her unjustified extravagances. It's doubly insulting since she makes it a point to look down on the fashion industry.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:00 am »

I believe the cheque from the Palace is quite a clever move as they offer to pay and do pay but the recipient is so overwhelmed by receiving a cheque from Buckingham Palace noine times out of ten decides not to cash it and have it framed. Therefore they won't end up paying.

Not saying it's deliberately done but they know how it works.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:21 am »

She does not pay for the clothes a mini middleton explained that in her blog. The link must be in the fashion files, worth reading.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
minime
courtier

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:26:10 pm »

I have got a question and sorry if it's dumb  Embarrassed

Wouldn't it be better if the royals didn't have to pay for their clothes (like hire them out)? I mean it would save a lot of money and be publicity for British brands (the foreign brand should be paid). There could be someone watching the royal family to not promote ONE brand but many
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:34 am »

Designers works like fiends in order to create these gowns and deserve to be paid. If Kate didn't have ot pay, she would be even worse in her demands and extravagances.

gloria
courtier

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 02:06:19 am »

The royals are not poor according to the richest families in Europe are  Holland  and then English. They are rich they can afford their clothes and vagaries , holidays etc, says Charles spent much money on clothes in Camilla. Who in the royal family wanted to pay for Kate's clothes? Kate loved the designs of ISSA, just because you gave them away, now that you have money you kick Issa's clothes and goes by the most luxurious brands, we will soon see Kate in Armani, etc ... the other princesses pay for their clothes, to Kate what not? if she married into a family of money?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: