Royal Gossip
May 24, 2019, 04:40:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News: Protestors attack car containing Prince Charles  (Read 14331 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:08 pm »

they are unhurt  what relief!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7332007.html

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8730342.Prince_Charles__car_attacked_by_mob/

[
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337088/TUITION-FEES-VOTE-PROTEST-Thousands-students-descend-Parliament.html

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

cripes. I'm glad Charles and Camilla wasn't hurt.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

The protesting looks pretty crazy , glad they're ok.  nervous

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 08:38:46 pm »

I, too, am VERY glad they weren't hurt.  That's excellent news.  The bad news is that people are finally getting it that there isn't any money!  And it's global.  I don't see any of this calming down for a long while.  

As an American I can fully understand why the students are as upset as they are, but, also, as an American, our tuition rates are higher than they are in Great Britain.  My son will be paying $2k a month for 10 years to pay off his school loans.  Granted, he's an attorney, but my youngest, who had a four-year degree paid $24k/year.  That's not including books, living expenses, et al.  

Now, even with an education, there aren't any jobs waiting for these young people.  Scary times and worthy of more attention than some social climber working out on her rowing machine to look pretty in her wedding gown.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:45:43 pm by Yooper » Logged

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:42:02 pm »

I'm glad they're okay too, but their minders should have seen this coming from a mile away!(pun intended) Their people are becoming more and more hostile and the the royals are bound to be targeted, considering their lavish, well-to-do lifestyle. I think it's crazy to be planning a big wedding and street celebration, considering the current hostility that's bound to only get worse before it gets better. The royals now need to be protected from terrorists and their own people whom are struggling to come to terms with all the cutbacks. Not the type of sociopolitical atmosphere I'd want to have a lavish wedding in. Carnival-like chaos is sure to happen, imo. A big royal wedding anytime soon is not wise. Even if the decision to marry Kate was partly based on sociopolitical factors, the current sociopolitical happenings in England should have given pause to a lavish show or royal ado!!!!  cold
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:47:42 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

I’m not surprised.  

From what I’ve seen, they were living into an other world for years then they’ve moved into an other galaxy with the attitude of both princes & that announcement with that WK lazy nobody girl.

They could find 20m£ to finance that but not students fees or people who lost their job&home and can’t even afford to feed their own children?  LOL
The whole world was hanging on every tiny bits about that announcement.  Then the whole world was totally excited when they heard about it, since the economic crisis of 2007... then after the what happened to Greece, Ireland... and awaiting of what will happen to Spain & Portugal.

When some say that the press is hard with them (esp. with Charles), frankly they’re very, very,very nice to him compared to what the people I’ve met think about him or the RF.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:02:01 pm by Chloe » Logged
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/09/world/main7134510.shtml

see photo..

[
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »

Earth Angel - I'm totally on board with you there.  Even if this was the most fabulously awaited wedding in the world, it's the absolute worst timing ever and should be scaled waaaaay back.  I'll be shocked if HRH doesn't demand it.  If for no other reason than the safety of her own people.    

People are mad!  People are hungry!  And they aren't going to stomach a whole bunch of tiaras when they've tightened their belts as much as possible. We have the same issues here in the US.  Any overt showing of overt financial excess is smacked down (or hidden).  I think that's why Mr. Obama had hot dogs and hamburgers for the Fourth, or something.  Whenever it was, it was a smart move.  

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »

http://www.gettyimages.fr/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&assetType=image&family=Editorial&p=prince+charles#

[
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »

"only a minority turned violent" ...

All it takes is a few loose cannons. The Daily Mail has a picture of someone spray painting "make the rich pay" and I consider that only a prelude to the anger & resentment that could be unleashed! These are tough times for many people and I think it's unconsciencable that the royals would even consider such a large & expensive event when their people are struggling so much. The royals are not down to earth or ordinary by any means, no matter how much they'd like to be. They act down to earth, but they most certainly do not live in a down to earth manner. That goes for Kate & Co. also! ...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:04:21 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
benign
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:49 pm »

its good that PC and DoC are okey....hope next year wont be so bad once the cuts in social programs starts...

Richard Palmer of DE tweets:
Aides say Charles and Camilla were attacked in Regent Street en route to the London Palladium. They are at the Palladium now, unhurt.
about 1 hour ago via txt
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 09:04:57 pm »

I'll post some of the US slant as soon as I finish reading them all.  The fuse has been ignited, tho, and just as predicted, the sleeping giant (media) are all about Royal Welfare.  And thumbs way down on royal weddings at such a time, etc., and some whisperings of Kate-*despise* (from those I know).  She's kind of the poster girl for greed and carelessness, completely self-absorbed.  And so on.  A fair amount of criticism that the royal family should at least have said something by now regarding this issue even though they, politically, have nothing to do with it.  That their role is to be an arbiter of reason and solid stoicism.

I dunno.  I think that ship has sailed for what seems to be a youthful republic beginning to realize their own power.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 09:37:45 pm »

Well, the immediate reactions on the TV news is far too inflammatory to share on this group, which seems to be heavily and justifiably monitored.  Besides, you all know how to read things and judge them accordingly, world-wide.  I trust CNN, Fox, and the NYT to be able to handle themselves against any backlash.  Lots of anger out there, tho.  That's too bad.

But, a wake up call isn't always a bad thing.  Very sorry to hear that people who hurt in this incident. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 10:24:24 pm »

I think that the porblem is that the fees are beyond the reach and the politicians are now again breaking every single promise that they made ot get elected. I think that IF the riots escalate as they likely will do, it's best that the anger be directed as far away from the monarchy and toward the politicians. It's the politicians who are at fault for this, not the RF.

As for the wedding and the royals being out of touch, I think it's been getting worse since the royals aren't seen to be doing the bare stinking minimum. Party party party is their basic itinerary.

That their role is to be an arbiter of reason and solid stoicism.

When WWII broek out, HM didn't hide in the Palaces and deny what was going on. She went out and met survivors and the injured and went to London every day risking death through the Blitz. She and King George were out there, meeting hte people and HM made speeches over the radio and was a mechanic.

Stoicism isn't sitting back and getting blasted. It's about getting out there and being strong during a crisis for the sake of others. The RF should be out there, burning the pavement trying to get jobs and get thigns going.

I think that ship has sailed for what seems to be a youthful republic beginning to realize their own power.

I think the wedding will set that ship sailing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:11:21 pm »

some whisperings of Kate-*despise* (from those I know)
Even if I’ve grasped what you meant within the whole context of your reply - "from those I know" ; " thumbs way down on royal weddings at such a time" etc. - don’t make the mistake usually done by some with the terms you use... that mistake explains the lack of "a fair amount of criticism" being heard.

You only recognise & name a feeling (love, joy,sadeness etc.) that you’ve got inside you.  If you do not have a certain feeling inside you, you wouldn’t be able to recognise it.

This term "*despise*" (as well as "jealous") was used by K.’s fan(atic)s.  Their actions on the (whole) web just show it.  The funny thing I’ve noticed is that it was never the ones liking/loving Chelsy (for instance) to describe them in return.  The same goes for Charles.  It was physicians, architects, politicians, environmentalists, journalists, Diana supporters or whoever... or whoever who "have it against him".  Never the contrary.  As far as I remember, it weren’t Chelsy fans who posted private fb pictures of her or of Kate... but some Kate fans (including one supposedly in "law").  LOL

The awkward and "weirdest" thing was when you stand by different positions/values from the ones spearhead by some public figures, some transformed it as being "*despise*".  You see you can be against Bush or Obama as long as arguments are based on their actions - not because one is "black" and the other one "white".  They both belong to the same race and specie in taxonomy : Homo Sapiens sapiens.  If you had studied sciences (anthropology & genetic of populations), you will known that we all come from Africa.

By "muting" if not censoring opinions based on facts here and there, some just suppressed that "fair criticism".  It ends with a fake appreciation (or depreciation) of the UK royal family members who only believe and trust into their "good" press reported....... i.e.  they were very, very, very far with the reality of the people they are supposed to serve.  The BRF was somehow into a virtual world (beiliving into its own complaisant press & fans) if not galaxy.

A fair amount of criticism that the royal family should at least have said something by now regarding this issue even though they, politically, have nothing to do with it.
The Independent or the Guardian both have written analytical criticism articles.  But hey, they are "leftists" and "republicans?  Who do care about it among royal fan(atic)s & complaisant UK newspapers/tabs ⁈?
Thus no need to read carefully wh they write about & the comments.   On the Guardian, there is a live blog (being referred here into one of the most prominent newspaper today...)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/blog/2010/dec/08/student-protests-live-coverage

Furthermore, British royals keep on going as if their public appearances  or whatsoever saying that the RF help the economy⁇ LMAO or that Charles helped "millions" of people in the UK (RFLMAO) ⁈?
Give me a break, they are launching a 20m£ wedding with a lazy gold digger nobody female (who has lived off her parents&co... now is expecting to live off taxpayers!) at the expenses of real middle class poor taxpayers who cannot even afford to pay for feeding their own children?

For instance, the 8th event of Charles & BW, I thought that it was the joke of the year (after the announcement of the engagagement of BW&Babykins aka WK) , they came, got pictured... and thanks to their "grateful" presence (for very, very, very few hours) they raised billions.

wopedo Yeah, right!  They must be so wonderful. That was my reaction.  

I am asking this question again:
They could find 20m£ to finance that but not students fees or people who lost their job&home and can’t even afford to feed their own children?  
To be honest, I do think that people who will answer "yes" to that question are are living into an other g.a.l.a.x.y ; they do not know nothing about Economy (nada!) or History ; are delusional!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:20:49 pm by Chloe » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:28:27 pm »

As for the wedding and the royals being out of touch, I think it's been getting worse since the royals aren't seen to be doing the bare stinking minimum. Party party party is their basic itinerary.

That their role is to be an arbiter of reason and solid stoicism.

When WWII broek out, HM didn't hide in the Palaces and deny what was going on. She went out and met survivors and the injured and went to London every day risking death through the Blitz. She and King George were out there, meeting hte people and HM made speeches over the radio and was a mechanic.

Stoicism isn't sitting back and getting blasted. It's about getting out there and being strong during a crisis for the sake of others. The RF should be out there, burning the pavement trying to get jobs and get thigns going.

I think that ship has sailed for what seems to be a youthful republic beginning to realize their own power.

I think the wedding will set that ship sailing.

It may only get worse in the coming months.  How uncomfortable will it be for people without jobs in England or money for school, to sit watching golden and glass carriages rolling down the street with diamonds dripping on some who have never worked,  only to be rewarded with titles and Palaces.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 11:31:12 pm »

Lol, Camilla didn't open her legs for this!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 11:36:34 pm »

@ Chloe
I agree with you on the first part, *despise* and love are to strong terms to use for ppl you never personally met before.
I prefer the terms: like, respect, critical and common sence over love and *despise*... Cool because at the end of the day we're a bunch of ppl sitting behind a computer and you can't change things unless you get out and take action whether it's pro or contra remains in the middle but as long as we sit here talking about it, it wont change.
We're like those two old guy's in the Muppetshow who always throw funny/sarcastic comments around, they are a necessary part of the act but they're not on stage!
To be honest, a message of concern over the vandalism caused by some of these protesters would be an acceptable reaction for the RF on these things, but otherwise they shouldn't get dragged in by commenting on this and other political stuff  bignono

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 11:50:10 pm »

You can see the attack here, but it's pretty blurry:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11954333
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: