Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 05:29:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News: Protestors attack car containing Prince Charles  (Read 14140 times)
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 02:03:20 pm »

It has a perfect solution, selling Rolls-Royce and now you can pay for college for any student. Those students are fighting for a decent future. Those same students who protested the university paid more expensive than for PW and PW has not used the diploma. They just want the right to attend university and have a dignified existence, still has one pathetic comments from some **** that crucify the students for fighting for their rights. Folks, the newspapers are complaining that nobody buys magazine with KM on the cover, which should cost around five U.S. dollars, why people will spend money to travel to England to see the royal family, there are people saying that marriage is good because it will bring tourists full of U.S. dollars, dum, if anyone is interested in spending about five dollars in a magazine, they will be interested in leaving your country to see the royal family ..... Have to change this argument that the royal family attracts tourists and find another argument to justify the millions of pounds that they use from the State

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:41 pm »

more articles..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3268159/Charles-Camillas-car-is-attacked-in-London-as-students-protest.html

POLICE guarding Prince Charles and Camilla today faced criticism over how they allowed rioting anarchists to get so close to the Royal couple last night.

[
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 02:21:52 pm »

Royal attacks prompts big question on UK security

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101210/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_royal_security

[
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 02:37:16 pm »

This is also good. If students did not want to attack the royal car, they would not have attacked. They now blame the security. But I believe rather that the students wanted to attack the royal car. Regardless of where the car pass if one student knew of the presence of that car and wanted to attack this car, they would attack. These reports is to try to pass the following: students attacked the only royal car because security failed, they do not want that suggests that perhaps these students are beginning to demonstrate against the system, against the institution, understand.

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 03:13:42 pm »

Good point Fernanda  me2you

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 03:18:45 pm »

I'm not saying it was planned or right or anything along those lines, but it made for a prime opportunity to get more press about their turbulent cause, which I happen to think is just.  There is never any reason for violence, but some people are just pushed too far. 

I don't think the level of anger was pulsed well enough.   

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:10 pm »

I think that the security people should be fired. It's common sense that they should tried to avoid the students. Maybe they thought that they wouldn't attack the royals dontknow

I doubt that they would have attacked the queen but the rest of the BRF are open season.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 03:29:53 pm »

You misread my post and intention. I know that it wasn’t meant literally, hence my first sentence.

Besides, if someone wants to learn on a subject and comprehend it, then he would try to read, understand and view other povs than yours - in particularly if someone else takes his time to reply to you and point out some things........ instead of thinking that after a long day people have nothing else better to do or else.  easter-wink

@ Chloe
I agree with you on the first part, *despise* and love are to strong terms to use for ppl you never personally met before.
I prefer the terms: like, respect, critical and common sence over love and *despise*... Cool because at the end of the day we're a bunch of ppl sitting behind a computer and you can't change things unless you get out and take action whether it's pro or contra remains in the middle but as long as we sit here talking about it, it wont change.
We're like those two old guy's in the Muppetshow who always throw funny/sarcastic comments around, they are a necessary part of the act but they're not on stage!
thumbsup By the way what I said is from Gandhi and based upon Buddhism philosophy.......

Allow me to apologize for whatever I have said or not done for which you disapprove.  But, I meant no harm and have and will continue to take yours and others points of view into consideration.  I think this was a huge misunderstanding.  And, thankyou in advance for understanding.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 03:35:38 pm »

Go to the Kate nad Wlliam wedding Section and I started a topic with just that question on there.

Thanks, KF!  As usual, you are on the core problem.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »

It's a long read, but maybe worth your time.  Our CNN's take on this:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/12/10/foreman.london.riots/index.html?hpt=C1

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 06:15:03 pm »

I'm glad that no one was hurt but BRF is totally asking for it! Despite HM efforts to cut expences, they keep living in glamorous lala land without thinking in the current economic crisis... The 2nd in line to the throne gets engaged with a supermassive waste of space that never done anything in life, and they are planning a lavish wedding that will cost millions... Dumbas***   wellduh

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

The politicians are the ones asking for it, not the RF. The RF will be going off of the Civil List in 2012 and it's not the royals who are ignoring elected policy.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 08:12:08 pm »

The politicians are the ones asking for it, not the RF. The RF will be going off of the Civil List in 2012 and it's not the royals who are ignoring elected policy.

Absolutely true, but just to throw it out there, isn't it about perception?  A Rolls Royce in the face of a kid who's struggling just to keep ahead?  It's an image that can grab you and change things.  In the heat of the moment, the haves and have nots have nothing to do with politics.  As frightening as this sounds, this is the same sort of mentality that hit France in the 1780s.  I'm certainly not comparing the two fact to fact, but the reality is, in the end, it wasn't about what anyone was saying that made sense, it was about perception.

I don't think the perception of the monarchy is one of tightening belts and freedom of speech and all those tiresome details.  The younger generation doesn't have the same level of respect, perhaps, that comes from experience.  They're frightened for their future but thinking about NOW.  So, maybe it's best to tone down the splendor a tad.   

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 08:16:37 pm »

As frightening as this sounds, this is the same sort of mentality that hit France in the 1780s.

Exactly. It'll only get worse as time goes by and I sincerely hope that someone smart in the Court figures out how to get the royals on a tight leash. Charles and Camilla and the Rolls-Royce in front of them, all that privilege is ebing flaunted and students are scared that they have no future. I don't think this is jsut about tuition, but things fianlly hitting a breaking point and going over. I'm more than sure that the politicians will be next once the RF is taken off of the Civil List; then the politicians will be the target and I sincerely hope that they are.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 10:44:41 am »

As for the wedding and the royals being out of touch, I think it's been getting worse since the royals aren't seen to be doing the bare stinking minimum. Party party party is their basic itinerary.

That their role is to be an arbiter of reason and solid stoicism.

When WWII broek out, HM didn't hide in the Palaces and deny what was going on. She went out and met survivors and the injured and went to London every day risking death through the Blitz. She and King George were out there, meeting hte people and HM made speeches over the radio and was a mechanic.

Stoicism isn't sitting back and getting blasted. It's about getting out there and being strong during a crisis for the sake of others. The RF should be out there, burning the pavement trying to get jobs and get thigns going.

I think that ship has sailed for what seems to be a youthful republic beginning to realize their own power.

I think the wedding will set that ship sailing.

It may only get worse in the coming months.  How uncomfortable will it be for people without jobs in England or money for school, to sit watching golden and glass carriages rolling down the street with diamonds dripping on some who have never worked,  only to be rewarded with titles and Palaces.

Exactly.  The unemployed, the hungry, will be lining up down the street, watching Kate inside a glass carriage with a tiara on her head.  The very tiara that I personally think she doesn't deserve to have, only to be flaunted, oblivious to her surroundings.  This was not just about high tuition fees.  It's a cry for change.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 11:39:01 am »

Ceridwen  thumbsup  Well said, and I believe a change there will be, sooner rather than later.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »

Exactly.  The unemployed, the hungry, will be lining up down the street, watching Kate inside a glass carriage with a tiara on her head.  The very tiara that I personally think she doesn't deserve to have, only to be flaunted, oblivious to her surroundings.  This was not just about high tuition fees.  It's a cry for change.

Exactly. The unemployed, the hungry, will be lining up down the street, watching Kate inside a glass carriage with a tiara on her sFrench and Russian revolutions. If they've gone so far as to overtly attack a member of the RF, then I'm more than sure that Kate colud likely face an attempted assault. A lower scale will pizz Kate off since she wants the glory of a large wedding while a large wedding might end up triggering a violent reaction. Meanwhile, stupidly, a lower scale wedding might simply have the same effect, but no violent reaction.

But the resentment will still be there and like it or not, the RF is now officially in the firing line. If nothing happened at the wedding, then it's likely that the people catering might simmer in resentment was well. It trickles upward and in time, even staff that aren't the Courtiers might lash out. The probelm, yet another, of the RF is taht they are so addicted to the whole 'show must go on' mentality that it doesn't stop and think things through. HM migth encourage escape, but if things start falling to pieces, putting things on pause would be best.

This attack is quite possibly the first taht has happened. There was a fruitcake who shot at HM, but it wasn't as close up. I'm sure it's the COURTIERS who are telling HM what needs to be done, but she isn't listening. As the country disintegrates, the monarchy can delve in, get involved, set up some soret of support network and get their hands dirty and hunker odnw wiht the people, or they can rather ignore the issue and hope it goes away. And ti won't. HM needs to start throwing her weight around and get all the royals in line and start issuing orders, no matter how distateful.

I'm sure there are more attacks to come and the RF would be best advised to get together and brainstorm on how to deal with the issues that are coming thick and fast and then they need to LISTEN to the courtier's advice.

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 06:16:05 pm »

Ceridwen  thumbsup  Well said, and I believe a change there will be, sooner rather than later.

thankyou MOSAIC, much appreciated.  I think it's a shame that PW didn't follow protocol and went ahead with this engagement.  The very engagement that he didn't receive approval from his own family.  After all the Queen was told a mere 2 hours prior to him going on public.  PW will reap what he sow.  

But the resentment will still be there and like it or not, the RF is now officially in the firing line.

I think so too.  The resentment will be there no matter what because these people feel unjustly treated & their frustrations over their livelihood gone astray.  When one is hungry & unemployed, it's difficult to see the world as anything but ugly & unfair.  They see the royals as parasites who haven't done much in their lives, except getting what they want when they want.  Their choices (PH/PW) of brides leave a lot to be desired IMO.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:25:05 pm by Ceridwen » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 06:37:38 pm »

The one thing I do know is that HM and Philip can't protect them anymore. They've chosen to ignore the courtiers who work to help, 'go it alone,' and then make idiots of themselves because they aren't interested in boring stability, but are attracted to the lifestyle that will darg them into nothing but trouble. Charles is going to either start listening to security or they will end up getting attacked again and next time there migth be something worse poking through their window. During times like these, royals are no longer sacrosanct.

Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »

Well said KF.

It has a perfect solution, selling Rolls-Royce and now you can pay for college for any student. Those students are fighting for a decent future. Those same students who protested the university paid more expensive than for PW and PW has not used the diploma. They just want the right to attend university and have a dignified existence, still has one pathetic comments from some **** that crucify the students for fighting for their rights. Folks, the newspapers are complaining that nobody buys magazine with KM on the cover, which should cost around five U.S. dollars, why people will spend money to travel to England to see the royal family, there are people saying that marriage is good because it will bring tourists full of U.S. dollars, dum, if anyone is interested in spending about five dollars in a magazine, they will be interested in leaving your country to see the royal family ..... Have to change this argument that the royal family attracts tourists and find another argument to justify the millions of pounds that they use from the State

thumbsup

Tabloids shed crocodile tears as royal car comes under attack
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2010/dec/10/tabloids-crocodile-tears-royal-car-attack
The tabloids are quite happy to label those who attacked the Roller carrying Charles and Camilla as 'a snarling mob of student fees rioters' – it suits their agenda
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: