Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 11:42:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News: Protestors attack car containing Prince Charles  (Read 14136 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 12:33:50 am »

It may only get worse in the coming months. How uncomfortable will it be for people without jobs in England or money for school, to sit watching golden and glass carriages rolling down the street with diamonds dripping on some who have never worked,  only to be rewarded with titles and Palaces.

After January, the entire economy will blow up or implode, with even the seasonal jobs completely destroyed. So by April, spring will be here and unless a holy miracle happens, almost no one will have a home, income, or job. Meanwhile, Kate and CO. will be waving while expecting good cheer, but won't get it. Out of all of it, people by then will know exactly what Kate is about and there won't be a lick of goodwill and likely a high risk of rioting and overt acts of hostility. At some point, the press will turn on her too; the press follows the tone of hte public towards a public figure so I don't think that the press will defend her either.

I just cannot believe that William hasn't been paying attention to these things. I personally hope that courtiers resign rather than try to do anything to keep the monarchy going because after Charles, the whole thing will likely collapse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 12:45:17 am »

Wowzers.  :eyes:

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 12:53:18 am »

I'm quite surprised by how fast things are imploding.  I'm also quite surprised how fast my support for the monarchy is faltering.  It's a day for surprises, it seems.
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 02:07:54 am »

They abuse of people too much. Life is very difficult and England is no economic paradise. When I walked by Picadilly City a police - I repeat, a police officer - has warned me to be careful with the bag, after I went with a friend to buy a sandwich and he told me to be careful with my wallet, not in Brazil I have to be so careful so incredible it may seem. A girl who came with me on the plane a few years he studied in London says she was tired of counting how many times she had her purse stolen, she lived here in Brazil in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais and had never been robbed. Not to be a boring text, in short, they abuse a lot. They are organizing a large wedding in an abbey with an expensive dress designed by a great stylist and a great reception and forget it if I remember last year a girl committed suicide in London because she could not find a job, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267953/Job-seeker-Vicky-Harrison-commits-suicide-rejected-200-jobs.html. How do you explain in a globalized world where all people are having immense difficulties to survive you need to lift millions in taxes to keep the luxuries of a family that did something great for ages before you were born. Many people since the dawn of man did something great, they become a known and others not, but nothing that requires the sacrifice of a whole society to carry the luxuries of this family in the back, when most people can barely carry their own demands and realize their own dreams, like buying a new car, make a big trip with the family, these people do not get it, but they pays to this family. The monarchy needs a charismatic person like Diana immediately, people need to feel cared for and protected, not exploited and enslaved. I believed it would happen to overthrow the institution, but only after the death of the Queen. With the preparation of this grand marriage, I believe this step will not stand too long before starting to crumble. It is only the first pub with expensive drinks taxes paid by the people and short clothes, the matter worse. People are paying big weddings, travel, jewelry, expensive drinks, employees in designer clothes, luxury cars, bodyguards for a family and etc, and these same people - or at least of them - can never have and enjoy what they pay for that this family enjoy. It's complicated ...

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 02:55:02 am »

Why don't the millions spent on Wills and Kate's wedding instead be used so that students can go to college? It is the students who are really the future of Great Britain.

Succinct and to the point. It's only a matter of time until Kate refuses to work, pleads exhaustion, and then riots start heading to the Palace gates.

I am disgusted at the attack on Charles though, frankly Charles has been trying to do his best to help youths like these find hope, then this is how they're repaid. One thing I do know, is that I'm glad the RF is going off of the Civil List, so that way no one can complain that the RF is mooching off of the taxpayers. That accusation will only be justifiably pointed at government bureaucrats.

Does no one think to give these students the addresses of the government officials.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 03:05:58 am »

Judging by this 'Prince William's Royal Wedding' could prove a trifle testy.
- Carl Barron

Aye, and there's a prize example of an utterly wasted & futile university degree attainment, frankly a flagrant insult to those genuinely serious and respectful about their own student grievences.
- Hotspur, Switzerland, 9/12/2010 17:04

Sorry for hte double post, I just HAD to post this.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 03:18:00 am »

^^^^  This is probably only just the beginning of the animosity that will be shown, due to Kate's perceived lack of work ethic and the fact her degree was not put to good use. There's a bigger picture that William and Kate are seemingly failing to see. They have lived cushy lives far removed from the destitute & squalor that many are now facing. For some, an affordable education is their only hope at a better life. For others the education is necessary to attain equanimity in the event of life adversity, such as economic crisis. These young minds need to practice the rigorous discipline a university degree necessarily instills, so as to succeed in life. The rise in tuition could prove to keep some people from becoming productive members of society. ...

idea   Perhaps the William and Harry Foundation can start offering scholarships for disadvantaged youth experiencing economic hardships, so that they may get a useful education?! ...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:21:26 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:06 am »

Wow. I am so happy they werent hurt. It is a scary time for everyone. Its though to take loans, go to school on the promise for something better and now there are no jobs.  nervous
I think that anger is clearly spilling out and something needs to be done and having a big huge wedding isnt going to help anyone.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 03:28:38 am »

I think, if only for the sake of safety, the wedding should be postponed indefinately and then William shipped to base and Kate ordered to move into the Palaces to begin training. I'm glad C&C weren't hurt, but a royal wedding at this point is a bad, BAD idea.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 03:31:04 am »

someone is in a deep trouble. i dont understand why PC wasnt inform beforehand that they were driving straight through a mob scene...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 03:39:00 am »

This is horrific and I'm more than sure that someone will get carpeted over this.

royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 03:41:25 am »

Oh I know. Whoever planned that car trip , well i feel sorry for them. Though isnt thier job to know this?
 OT ( feel free to edit/delete/move) Anyway, I think a small wedding is fine, but in this economy royals need to be seen as productive and hardworking. Its a double edge sword for william with military duties, but this anger is going to be directed as someone and it might be the royals if they arent seen as pulling thier share.  
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 03:48:18 am »

Go to the Kate nad Wlliam wedding Section and I started a topic with just that question on there.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 03:51:51 am »

Yeah, this isn't good at all. If I understand correctly, the protests spilled over into areas where it wasn't expected. I agree that there was most definitely a lapse in judgment about the route to drive, but I also think that no one expected the protests to turn into a riot! They should have seen it coming though, it's just common sense to anticipate an unruly protest!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:57:03 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
benign
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00:28 am »

Richard Palmer tweets:
Witnesses said the royal Rolls Royce Phantom VI got separated from police cars flanking them in the middle of the riot.
about 7 hours ago via txt
Witnesses said the royal Rolls Royce Phantom VI got separated from police cars flanking them in the middle of the riot.
Police face serious questions over why couple were driven into a riot area. Former senior officer predicts heads will roll.
about 6 hours ago via web in reply to palaceprincess
 .Dramatic pictures show Charles and Camilla looking terrified as their car was attacked.
One witness told how the royal convoy drove straight towards thousands of protesters. "I thought it was mad at the time for them to do so."
about 6 hours ago via web .
Scotland Yard launching an internal inquiry into royal security breach. Home Sec: "The next steps are a matter for the Metropolitan Police."
about 6 hours ago via web .
Home Sec told BBC: "What we have seen in London today is a degree of violence on the streets that has nothing to do with peaceful protests."

- hope so....at least the RF cant blame the paps this time...
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 04:14:30 am »

Wow. I am so happy they werent hurt. It is a scary time for everyone. Its though to take loans, go to school on the promise for something better and now there are no jobs.  nervous
I think that anger is clearly spilling out and something needs to be done and having a big huge wedding isnt going to help anyone.
me too
I agree  flower
'Government is about making unpopular choices.'...and Monarchy  spy too
//////
public deficit:     public debt:
Ireland: 32%     Ireland: 110%
Britain: 12%      Britain : 80%
Portugal: 8%     Portugal:80%
Spain: 7%         Spain:40%

is true?  royalguard

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 06:59:23 am »

some whisperings of Kate-*despise* (from those I know)
Even if I’ve grasped what you meant within the whole context of your reply - "from those I know" ; " thumbs way down on royal weddings at such a time" etc. - don’t make the mistake usually done by some with the terms you use... that mistake explains the lack of "a fair amount of criticism" being heard.

You probably misinterpreted what I was saying, but that's ok.  It's an honest observation and I'm standing by it.  We don't mean Kate-*despise* literally.  It's a saying here, nothing more.  It wasn't meant to be taken so literally.  And, for the record, if I need to be scolded, my mother's always available.  Somebody else said it very wisely, that the people I know, work and live nearby all put working as our star power.  It's kind of common here.  Royalty is something we just don't fully understand (which is why I'm here and trying to get it) and when we see your students so passionately upset and feel the economic crunch, the natural instinct is to be angered and shout it out that a bloated (financially) wedding, if it is to be one, may be unwise, not very PC, as well as unsafe.  This is a royal forum, so it was an appropriate insight.

I would also like to add how truly sorry I am to hear about the police officers and anyone else who were hurt during this protest. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 11:52:28 am »

You misread my post and intention. I know that it wasn’t meant literally, hence my first sentence.

Besides, if someone wants to learn on a subject and comprehend it, then he would try to read, understand and view other povs than yours - in particularly if someone else takes his time to reply to you and point out some things........ instead of thinking that after a long day people have nothing else better to do or else.  easter-wink

@ Chloe
I agree with you on the first part, *despise* and love are to strong terms to use for ppl you never personally met before.
I prefer the terms: like, respect, critical and common sence over love and *despise*... Cool because at the end of the day we're a bunch of ppl sitting behind a computer and you can't change things unless you get out and take action whether it's pro or contra remains in the middle but as long as we sit here talking about it, it wont change.
We're like those two old guy's in the Muppetshow who always throw funny/sarcastic comments around, they are a necessary part of the act but they're not on stage!
thumbsup By the way what I said is from Gandhi and based upon Buddhism philosophy.......
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:57:34 am by Chloe » Logged
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 01:38:58 pm »

Typical David Cameron, typical politician.  He says the police were not to blame, the students were to blame.......
I would way the RPO were to blame for allowing the royal car to take that route.  That was their miscalculation, and more and more comment is beginning to say so.  The students were no where near the royal couple until their car was allowed to drive into the middle of what had become by then a very serious situation.
I agree with a group of students at a press conference who said the horses should be put back in their stables and the dogs left in their kennels.
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 01:41:21 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337351/Royal-car-attack-How-did-anarchists-close-Prince-Charles-Camilla.html

[
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: