Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 10:20:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Rules  (Read 16006 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 07:31:12 pm »

From now on if I consider that someone is only causing trouble and doesn't follow the rules or small warnings I give I will give them one warning.

The second one means being banned for a month.

I think it's quite clear.

I won't accept arguments against the warnings.

The rules are crystal clear so if someone doesn't follow them then they need a time off

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »

Alexandrine, I have not found a specific explanation of double posting, so would you clarify?   Is there a time period in which to use the modify button in order to add additional information in a topic in order to not double post?   How long is that time period?    Thank you.     thankyou
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

^Double posting means that you've posted in a thread and instead of editing and adding info to your post you make a new post. This means that there are two consecutive posts written by the same member.

We prefer that members edit. But yes there is only a 10 min period. It is very easy to double post in inactive threads and that's no problem. It's not something we give warnings/ban unless it's obviously done to troll.

In case it happens just say that you double posted and would like to edit your post and we can do it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

Read the tech manual topic its explained in there. flower

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »

^^http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,3333.0.html

I remember how much work you put on it Akasha! And it solves all the doubts

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 08:45:20 pm »

I had looked through the tech manual before, but my specific question that I had was some time ago I had made a post in the afternoon and then later that night (several hours later) I made another post in the same topic and was told I had double posted.   But, you are saying, I really had not since more than ten minutes had gone by?

That is what is confusing to me and I am not seeing that specific answer in the tech manual.     

thankyou
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

uh yes? You double posted.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »

^^Please provide the double post that you are referring to, Miss Hathaway.

In the interim, and, to reiterate what others have said: 

1.  You have 10 minutes to edit your post
2.  The Moderators don't really care if you double post in an old ancient thread that nobody's posted in in months or even years
3.  IF you double post within a reasonable amount of time and, LET US KNOW by saying something within your post and it's absolutely essential that you post again, we, the Moderators will either understand or merge the posts.
4.  Until I see your double posting I can't make a clear call on it.  If it was overnight, and you posted again, then it should have been merged AFTER you say, "oops, double posted, please correct for me - thanks!" in your second message. 

5.  And most importantly...We will notice if this is abused. 

I hope this helps.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:19 pm »

^I'll see if I can find it, Yooper.   I am not complaining about it, understand, I am simply trying to understand the parameters -- and I've observed other posters double posts/warnings, as well.   In all my years of participating in forums, I've never heard of double posting, so this is a new concept for me.

So, if the same poster posts 24 hours later in a thread that went inactive, that is double posting.  But if the poster says, "Sorry for the double post" -- which I have seen occur several times -- then that is okay because the poster is acknowledging it?

I understand forums don't want posters clogging the forums with post after post after post after post [and that happened frequently in the older user-net days].     
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 10:48:46 pm »

^Sorta.  You have to have some common sense.  If you post something and then 20 minutes later want to post something again, really analyze its level of importance first and then if it's really super important, post it and make it clear you are aware that it is a double post and we'll be fine with it.  But, again, use common sense.

A 24 hour period?  I don't know.  I can't single out each and every situation and answer it for you.

If it's a dead thread and by dead thread I mean one from months ago, go ahead and post again.  If it's within a reasonable amount of time, just post again, make note of it and let us figure out if it's out of line.  Does that work?  Leave it to us but be mindful of how you use it.

It may be a new concept for you and we are all willing to help you understand it but if you get into the habit of just continually posting then it's a Live Blog which this is not.  And it is very very confusing for people to know to whom they are responding.

Just please analyze what it is that you are so eager to post before posting and let us figure out the rest.  If it's that difficult for you to figure out, we'll let you know.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 03:29:48 pm »

^ Gotcha.   Thank you.    thumbsup
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 03:36:13 pm »

^You're welcome.  It's what we do!

DuchessChandelier
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 02:39:23 am »

Ok, I'm sort of scared of posting here now...  nervous I'm a newbie and English is a foreign language to me, so...

The word list on previous page, I take it those are clues and the actual words I cannot use are some other words..?

The double posting, I've basically only posted in three different topics so far here (if we are not counting the support sections). Does it mean I cannot go back to those topics/threads now and post more meaning I cannot continue the conversation since I have already posted once? How long do I have to wait before I can go back? I also think I posted twice in one of those topics when I replied to another user's post. I'm very confused... I think it will be even easier for me to get banned here than on another message board...  Embarrassed  sorry
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 03:36:54 am »

double posting means that you posted something and immidiately afterwards you post something again instead of using the edit button which does give you a bit of time to edit your post before it times out and you can no longer edit.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 03:39:13 am »

For example this would be considered double posting. If you which to reply to someones post just use @ to specify who it is or ^ as needed such as ^^ ^^^ ^^^^ to mark how many posts above yours you're replying to.

You need to allow some time space before you reply or at least edit your comment while you have time while posting on a thread. If you post too repeatedly your basically hogging the thread unless you've a good reason like copy pasting something that is far to long to fit into a single post.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:41:59 am by Mandosiel » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 10:57:37 am »

^ and ^^ Is absolutely correct.  This is a perfect example of double posting. 

Many of the words that are not allowable are already built into the system to be changed to another word so that should help with a lot of your fears.  Profanity or name calling is absolutely prohibited as are some other words but most of those we have a built-in filtering system so you can relax a lot.  In addition, since you are a newbie, we give you a lot more leeway and will gently guide you as you go along.

It's really more content than the words.  Attacking other posters, getting into arguments over a topic, and so on.  Stating an opinion is 99% of the time A-ok.  You'll be fine and we'll show you the way, as Moderators, and we're not monsters here.  Our goal is to see to it that everybody is enjoying the discussion stream but it is also our job to maintain civility.

You'll be fine and don't be afraid.  That we do not want.

flower

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: