Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:03:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC The Diamond Queen TV series (Link)  (Read 5353 times)
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« on: February 07, 2012, 06:54:48 pm »

I am half way through this right now. It's really good!!!

There are interviews from a lot of royals. Including William, harry, Bea, Eugiene, Edward and Anne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJVmBezQFA

Enjoy!!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »

Fahhhbulous, LCG!  That's now on my calendar to watch at bedtime this eve.  Looks really well done.  Thank you very much.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:51:41 pm »

thanks for the heads up  thumbsup
i'm gonna record next weeks episode (on monday at 21h, bbc one)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:32 pm »

Enjoyed the first episode very much - particularly the interviews with the younger members of the RF.   Just loved the tiny cottage/Wendy House that was was donated to HM when she was a child.   Makes me sad to think we won't have HM forever though, especially with the Middleton creature waiting in the wings like a bad fairy.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

wow they took it off YT
I just managed to watch it and now it's gone due to a right claim from bbc! blink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »

I wanted to watch it today  sob

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »

The Diamond Queen

The Diamond Queen is a documentary series which takes looks at the life and achievements of The Queen as she is about to celebrate 6o years on the throne. Andrew Marr looks back at the young girl who never expected to reign over us.
Episode 1:
The series takes a look at The Queen’s grandfather, father and mother and the impact of the abdication. The series also explores the Queen’s relationship with the Government.

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2012/02/the-diamond-queen-1x1-episode-1.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:22:19 pm »

I was able to watch it through that link! I've just finished the chapter and was going to post the site.

The doll house is so cute but think how expensive it must have been in that era. I was not able to catch the line about Margaret Thatcher that the Queen said in a luncheon, anyone remembers?

I hope no one takes the following opinion wrong but it's a bit disconcerting to see how sugary it was considering that BBC is public and should remain as unbiased as possible.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:20 pm »

It was interesting watching it but at the very end when they talk about the next episode they made it look like when Will was getting engaged that HM told him it was ridiculous and then Harry clip where he goes "she's always right"  eating cookies

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 05:41:42 pm »

Alexandrine - I certainly don't take offence as I thought it rather sugary too. Andrew Marr said something really ridiculous (and I can't think what it is now) but I thought yuk! Apart from that I enjoyed the archive footage and I thought Eugenie is quite beautiful in a natural way and Beatrice is prettier than her pictures show.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

I tried, too. Link removed.  Pooh.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:49:53 pm »

The archive footage was very good and we even had some Diana cameos.

But Marr tries to justify the Queen and monarchy saying very sugary comments. There is no criticism except for Wallis and Edward.

Yooper try the other link.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:13:15 pm »

It was rather sweet but then again it's about a celebration of60 years of HM reigning.
So it's kinda logic that they won't show the republican reaction or any protest that might have happened during her visits.
The New Yorkers reactions were rather funny, they don't seem to realise who she is and what her significance is really.
To them The Queen seems an abstract notion not a person in modern times.
I bed he had a few reactions from ppl on the NY streets going like: 'She's still alive? I thought she died a few years ago' easter-lol

They didn't really lie perse but left out a few significant things that didn't go soo super in the last sixty years.
Or maybe they still have to show them, first up then down?  dontknow

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:44 pm »

A Wendy house fit for a Queen: The secrets and history of the tiny Welsh cottage in the grounds of Windsor where generations of royals have played

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2099859/A-Wendy-house-fit-Queen-The-secrets-history-tiny-Welsh-cottage-grounds-Windsor-generations-royals-played.html#ixzz1mBeeAg8K

karla64
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 07:19:47 pm »

I would like to watch video Youtube but it removed by user.. what disappointment :(

[
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 07:20:24 pm »

the other link works

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 04:23:02 am »

A Wendy house fit for a Queen: The secrets and history of the tiny Welsh cottage in the grounds of Windsor where generations of royals have played

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2099859/A-Wendy-house-fit-Queen-The-secrets-history-tiny-Welsh-cottage-grounds-Windsor-generations-royals-played.html#ixzz1mBeeAg8K

That Wendy house is very cute, but oh so slightly creepy.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 06:43:00 am »

^^'Other' link doesn't work here.  'Removed'.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »

how about this ones
episode one
http://www.sockshare.com/file/4D2EB1F9272913CB#
episode two
http://www.putlocker.com/file/D3AD370AD25B637A

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »

works for me!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: