Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 09:50:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll serve the rest of my life HM vows  (Read 2409 times)
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« on: February 06, 2012, 03:15:21 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2096935/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-Ill-serve-rest-life-vows-Her-Majesty.html

I don't know if anyone posted this but here!..lovely pictures.

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 05:09:04 am »

I think that is pretty much a given that HM will serve the rest of her life. Monarchs do not "retire", at least not usually. Their job is for life.
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:10:27 am »

She is the real one who needs a good vacation,all that hard work.

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:34:11 am »

I agree. She needs to take a good long vacation. And her grandchildren need to step up now and do more duties so she can cut back on her appearances. Charles and Anne are also at or near retirement age; I know royals don't retire completely, but at a certain age people should be able to cut back and rest. They are not young people anymore and simply don't have the physical energy that they used to.

I don't know if it's because:
a) Charles wants to be more popular so he's keeping his sons out of the limelight
b) William is too lazy to do royal duties (or too hateful to the press and public)

... but William needs to step it up and Harry can follow on weekends and when he's not working. William gets so much time off it's not a full-time job by anyone's standards, so he can do a lot more duties. Kate also has nothing better to do so she should pick up some duties and charity work.

Beatrice is done with university, so she can start doing more, too (maybe grad school? maybe not? I haven't been following her much). Unless she doesn't want to be a royal, in which case she shouldn't be a "princess" but instead "Lady Beatrice."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:11 am »

DO YOU HEAR THAT KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?huhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuh?

SHE AIN'T GOING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 08:59:42 am »

I know royals don't retire completely, but at a certain age people should be able to cut back and rest.

Leogirl  thumbsup  I know HM and DoE are not your usual elderly and have had the best healthcare etc...but they are in their 80s and 90s respectively.  They should be slowing down now and the others stepping up.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 09:01:10 am »

I agree; she shoud be enjoying her golden years and enjoying her life, not stressing and being depended on to do hundreds a year while her spud enjoy the results of her glory.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:22 am »

It's great that she doesn't want to retire, but like most of you, she should work a little less and have others work more.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 10:01:43 am »

She and Philip have been cutting back over the last decade or so.  I remember when Philip would do close to 800 a year while last year he did 350.  The Queen used to be at 600+ and is now at 300.  The slack has been picked up by her children.  Anne has been consistently at 500 - 600 and Charles is now the hardest working.  Andrew is the third busiest, behind his older siblings and could also do more, as could Edward.

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:41 pm »

Queen's Diamond Jubilee message in full:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9063462/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-message-in-full.html
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 03:08:59 pm »

^That's class.  Thank you for sharing, GW.   I don't care who wrote it or if she did or what the situation on that is; it sounds like a Queen should.  Congratulations!!!  May she live forever.   newyear

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:42 pm »

Wow!! She looks amazing for an 85 year old.  loveshower  loveshower  I mean in 15 years she'll be 100  Shocked  Shocked

At 85 she is still working and actually I think that is part of the reason she looks so good. Staying active is just as important to your health as eating right and not smoking etc.

See kate.... Working is good for you.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:09:59 pm »

Doesn't she look awesome, tho?  I still adore her hats and handbags (checked into buying one - maybe next Christmas).  They're so classic and lifetime worthy.

And, such a good point.  Working IS good for you, but I don't think HM thinks of it as working so much as her pledge and duty and that she is entirely devoted to her country/commonwealth.  Her heart is in the right place there.

Considering all the stress she's had thrown at her over the decades, she is a remarkable human being and should party it up for her Jubilee.  It should be all about HER.  She rocks!   thumbsup

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »

Yup excellent point yooper 
HM rules!
err I mean...she reigns  tehe  Cool

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4113104/Aide-to-Labour-shadow-justice-minister-Andy-Slaughter-calls-Queen-a-benefits-scrounger.html

A LABOUR aide sparked outrage last night by appearing to brand the Queen a life-long "benefits scrounger".

Matt Zarb-Cousin, a researcher for shadow justice minister Andy Slaughter, posted the message on Twitter the day Her Majesty renewed her vow to serve the country after 60 years on the throne.

He wrote: "Congratulations this morning to Queen Elizabeth II. 60 years of scrounging benefits off the taxpayer without being caught."
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

^But, two weeks in Mustique is just ducky, right?  This aide has put the wrong picture on the dart board.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: