Royal Gossip
October 21, 2017, 07:53:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashion news  (Read 8063 times)
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 01:27:50 am »

Leopard prints.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:14 am »

Dad's letter to daughter: Forget makeup; your beauty is inside

Dear Little One,

As I write this, I’m sitting in the makeup aisle of our local Target store. A friend recently texted me from a different makeup aisle and told me it felt like one of the most oppressive places in the world. I wanted to find out what he meant. And now that I’m sitting here, I’m beginning to agree with him. Words have power, and the words on display in this aisle have a deep power. Words and phrases like:

Affordably gorgeous,

Infallible,

Flawless finish,

Brilliant strength,

Liquid power,

Go nude,

Age defying,

Instant age rewind,

Choose your dream,

Nearly naked, and

Natural beauty.

When you have a daughter you start to realize she’s just as strong as everyone else in the house—a force to be reckoned with, a soul on fire with the same life and gifts and passions as any man. But sitting in this store aisle, you also begin to realize most people won’t see her that way. They’ll see her as a pretty face and a body to enjoy. And they’ll tell her she has to look a certain way to have any worth or influence.

But words do have power and maybe, just maybe, the words of a father can begin to compete with the words of the world. Maybe a father’s words can deliver his daughter through this gauntlet of institutionalized shame and into a deep, unshakeable sense of her own worthiness and beauty.

A father’s words aren’t different words, but they are words with a radically different meaning:
http://www.today.com/moms/dads-letter-daughter-forget-makeup-your-beauty-inside-2D12111554

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 01:45:07 am »

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 02:13:10 am »

i'm seeing alot of the pencil skirts and crop tops.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/17/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/lwren-scott-designer-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- L'Wren Scott, a noted fashion designer who has been Mick Jagger's companion for more than a decade, was found dead in her New York apartment Monday of an apparent suicide, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation. She was 49.

Scott's assistant found the designer hanging from a door knob with a scarf around her neck, the official said.

There were no signs of forced entry, and police did not find a suicide note, the official said.

Her assistant told police Scott sent a text Monday morning asking the assistant to "come by, and when the assistant arrived at approximately 10:02 a.m., Scott was dead in the living room, prompting the assistant to call police," according to the official.

The New York Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death, according to Sgt. Nieves with the New York Police Department
A spokesman for Mick Jagger said that the singer was completely shocked and devastated by the news.

How does someone over 6' tall hang themselves from a door knob?  Very unsettling.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

Well I have to say I thought that too. A regular doornob!

I was thinking about her this weekend because I read in the DM that Jerry Hall was hosting a baby shower for Jade Jagger and her daughter Assisi, both of whom are pregnant. Apparently Bianca, Jade's mother, is not close to the pair of them, so Jerry stepped in to host the event in her home in Richmond, West London.

I also read that none of them liked L'Wren and were in the habit of calling her the "Black Spider". All unkind and seemingly dysfunctional.

I guess L'Wren was depressed and worried about her debt and maybe this kind of reporting did not help.

How incredible sad the whole situation is. I wonder whether Mick will feel guilty for failing to notice her problems (maybe she was ultra secretive) but how completely tragic. She was, according to sources, a wonderful and generous person,

I am gobsmacked. Life is never as it seems.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »

^Thank you for more information.  Bianca Jagger is quite formidable but it does beg the question, if there were money problems, where was Mick?  I know he's notorious (like Paul McCartney) for being extremely frugal but come on. 

But, that must've been some door.  Maybe they got that part wrong.  How sad.  So young.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »

^I've read that the relationship was on the rocks and she had money problems. Also she was going to reach fifty years old very soon.

In any case it's sad and so futile.

RIP

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 12:38:26 am »

I was wondering whether Mick is the type to be stingy even with his lovers?
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 01:22:38 am »

^It's not Mick's job to support her; it's her job to have her finances in order and it's not Mick's job to be some kind of secondary provider. Unless a man is married, he has no reason to support a woman he's dating or even engaged to. She had a career, apparently had bad luck or wasn't being smart about funds, so she racked up debt and became bankrupt.

She made mistakes and had a run of bad luck, then decided to off herself. This isn't something that is the fault of Mick or anyone else.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 09:09:35 am »

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/17/lwren-scott-debt-dead-suicide-mick-jagger-girlfriend-hanged/

L’Wren, who had always refused financial assistance from longtime love Mick Jagger, was “embarrassed” by her money troubles, the source adds.

L’Wren’s company, LS Fashion LTD, had a deficit of $5,899,548, and she owed creditors $7.641 million, according to the most recent accounts for her business, filed in the UK in October, 2013. Her company’s debts were reportedly increasing with every passing year, hitting $3,063,160.87 in 2010, MailOnline reports.

rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 09:35:44 am »

Reports are coming in now that she recently self-harmed and it was hushed up.

Also that Mick had finished with her. Apparently she was depressed about her position within his family - I suppose her ranking compared with his ex-wives and the fact that he would not totally commit to her. He still had dalliances elsewhere though "he tried to be discrete". Their home together included a nursery and nanny quarters but she never had a child.

Poor woman. That on top of crippling finances would certainly add up to quite a bit of misery.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 02:57:02 pm »

Why do women do this? Move in, make a nest, but apparently she wasn't married.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/17/lwren-scott-debt-dead-suicide-mick-jagger-girlfriend-hanged/

L’Wren, who had always refused financial assistance from longtime love Mick Jagger, was “embarrassed” by her money troubles, the source adds.

L’Wren’s company, LS Fashion LTD, had a deficit of $5,899,548, and she owed creditors $7.641 million, according to the most recent accounts for her business, filed in the UK in October, 2013. Her company’s debts were reportedly increasing with every passing year, hitting $3,063,160.87 in 2010, MailOnline reports.

I stand corrected, but what a huge amount to owe.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 05:31:50 pm »

It sounds to me like one big fat cauldron of sadness.  Situations like these, and I know I don't know all the details and such, but it sounds like such desperation, loss, rejection, hidden humiliations and so on.  And so many conflicting stories about their relationship.  She was, at one time, quite fine in her own way and business but for some reason and it's an easy path, but I'm suspecting some kind of drug abuse or even emotional abuse or just plain fear of disappointing others. 

Why women (or men) get themselves into a snowballing effect of destructive behavior is frustrating for me.  I've almost been in a couple of messes in my life but, through luck, ran for the hills.  It's easy to get controlled, hypnotized, whatever you want to call it and start focusing on pleasing others first until it all turns sour.

Again, sad, just very very sad.  I'm still, however, waiting for a coroner or somebody to close this as a suicide.  My understanding is that there was no suicide note.  That seems rather odd to me.  Women just normally don't do that, do they?   And, if she was someone who was hiding hurting herself, her debt and so on, that's the personality of someone who doesn't harm others and wouldn't subject someone to finding her dead body.

This one has all the makings of a very complicated expose, to me.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 12:48:48 am »

I've been there, so I empathize, but I do not sympathize when women like L'Wren who have so much going for them degrade themselves by setting up house with a man who obviously has no intention of being faithful, makes it clear that he's focused on his kids and ex-wives, and the woman thinks that it can be changed.

It never will.

She was foolish to put herself in that situation and she ignored her career in favor of landing Mick and the idea of having a family with a man who isn't married to you is bad enough, but it's worse when the man is so obviously not interested in commitment, that makes it worse.

When are women going to learn?

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 01:21:05 am »

Why women (or men) get themselves into a snowballing effect of destructive behavior is frustrating for me.  I've almost been in a couple of messes in my life but, through luck, ran for the hills.  It's easy to get controlled, hypnotized, whatever you want to call it and start focusing on pleasing others first until it all turns sour.

Yes and only the strong survive.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2014, 11:07:33 pm »

http://msn.foxsports.com/horse-racing/photos/hats-and-horses-the-best-headpieces-from-the-kentucky-derby-042914#img_0

The Kentucky Derby is May 5, 2014 - a look back.  See?  The UK isn't the only one known for wearing goofy hats.  Nice shot of HM here, too.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 02:24:13 am »

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »

http://jezebel.com/who-pays-for-michelle-obamas-clothes-1584747235/all

Who pays for Michelle Obama's Clothes?

Contrary to what some might think, First Ladies are responsible for their own wardrobes, meaning that none of what they wear is funded by tax payers. But Michelle Obama also doesn't borrow clothing from designers. Instead, she pays for most of what she wears—which would explain her penchant for off-the-rack looks, like those from J.Crew—and receives the rest as gifts.

However, Obama does not receive clothing as a personal gift for herself. As Joanna Rosholm, press secretary to the first lady, explains it:

"Mrs. Obama pays for her clothing. For official events of public or historic significance, such as a state visit, the first lady's clothes may be given as a gift by a designer and accepted on behalf of the U.S. government. They are then stored by the National Archives."

First Ladies have always faced this line of questioning. Jackie O's stepfather stepped in to foot the bill for many of her clothes to take pressure off the President (she had American designer Oleg Cassini knock of the French couture styles she preferred). Nancy Reagan was taken to task for borrowing clothes throughout her tenure, at one point being explicitly told that she had to stop (note: she didn't stop, but covered it up). Years after Reagan left office, they were even investigated by the IRS for possible tax liabilities relating to her wardrobe. It was an issue for Bush and Clinton as well (and that's just recent history—Mary Todd Lincoln went into debt to purchase gowns for official events). Anyway, it's not an Obama witch hunt. This time.

I think any gift over $50 is owned by the taxpayer; not sure.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »

I did not realize she had to pay for her own clothes.  I think she strikes a reasonable balance between modestly priced clothes and more designer type stuff for important events.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: