Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 05:55:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashion news  (Read 7731 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: February 05, 2012, 03:19:09 pm »

I thought I'd open a topic on the news from fashion and designers   easter-wink

Grey hair on the catwalk in Madrid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2096546/Madrid-Fashion-Week-Models-step-catwalk-grey-hair-Maria-Barros-show.html

The hair looks cool, a bit fairy like, but the outfit's look even better! sigh
Love the knee long black and gold combo
Maria Barros: a name I'm gonna remember for all the good reasons  thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:40 pm »

Sorry Akasha but grey hair is so last season!  easter-wink

Madrid Fashion Week is so ridiculous, they try to appear as original designers and they only copy from the famous shows. But the main problem is that they get a lot of money from the state to make their ridiculous shows  Angry

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:26:06 pm »

yeah I know it's not an original concept (givenchy did it in '08 CK did it in '10)
But I still like the clothing snob
Very female and flowy light textures and colours.
Not the grand chic of Paris or the elegance of Milan but still...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:40:55 pm »

Best spanish designer imo is Caprile, remember the red dresses that Leti wore in Mary's wedding in 2004? They were his.

And if you like a good laugh check David Delfin shows  Lips Sealed or if you prefer something more colourful Agatha Ruiz de la Prada!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 02:25:20 pm »

Not exactly news... but searching in tumblr I found a pretty one who reminded me of someone http://quid-est-veritas.tumblr.com/

Now that we are talking of tumblr any favourites?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

er don't know tumblr that well.. i know a few royal ones but that's it.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 12:29:50 am »

Sorry.  Grey still hip and done right, especially taupe, is evidently still a fabulous look.  It's everywhere in NY, Chicago, and SF/LA:

http://www.organiccolorsystems.com/hot-trends-in-hair-color-for-2012/

Probably one of the most surprising colors that we are seeing is gray. Believe it or not, women are seeing this once dreaded shade through a whole new set of eyes.  One of the hottest trends is “Gray lights” and white/gray bases. These colors have become very popular with affluent trendsetters and models and the movement is beginning to trickle down to the average person.  Pop singer Pink and model Kate Moss are just two of the many women that are trying out this new look and loving it.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:44:21 pm »

I thought I'd open a topic on the news from fashion and designers   easter-wink

Grey hair on the catwalk in Madrid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2096546/Madrid-Fashion-Week-Models-step-catwalk-grey-hair-Maria-Barros-show.html

The hair looks cool, a bit fairy like, but the outfit's look even better! sigh
Love the knee long black and gold combo
Maria Barros: a name I'm gonna remember for all the good reasons  thumbsup

Wow, an interesting way to wear gray hair without looking old.

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 12:18:10 am »

Grey hair, done right, is gorgeous.  Just wait and see, guys. For me, covering the grey is only necessary if you can do it perfectly and I've rarely seen that done.  Celebrate who you are. How about a little incentive:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/mary_miller2/MerylStreepgreyhair.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/mary_miller2/clooney.jpg

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 08:58:55 am »

Not quite sure where to put this, so move at will.  Kardashian vs Pipster:

http://jezebel.com/5908720/anna-wintour-gives-kim-kardashian-the-ultimate-diss

Anna Wintour Gives Kim Kardashian the Ultimate Diss
Kim Kardashian may be dating megastar Kanye West, but that doesn't mean she was welcome among the A-listers at last night's Met Gala. In fact, she was expressly forbidden to attend by Queen Anna Wintour herself. A source reports, "The Met Gala is $25,000 a ticket, but Kim can't even buy her way in, Anna Wintour does NOT want her there!" Ouch. So how will Kim spin this stone cold diss in her favor? The mysterious source says,

Kim and her camp will deny that she wasn't invited by saying that she had business in L.A., but that is a lie. She would of done anything to be there with all the A-listers.

Looks like being one half of Kimye isn't enough to make all of Kimmy's dreams come true. What's worse is that even if she marries Kanye and has like 10,000 of his babies, she's never going to land a Vogue cover, according to this source: "Anna Wintour would allow Kim Kardashian on the cover of Vogue over her dead body." Well, at least we know there is one safe space where we can go to get away from Kim should the need ever arise.

The rumor mill is churning about Pippa Middleton possibly moving to New York. The tabloid Grazia reports that the royal sister has already quit her part-time event-planning job in London and will come to New York to work on her new party planning book. Will she have what it takes to survive life in the Big Apple? Probably, yes, since being famous is the number one ingredient for being able to afford a halfway decent apartment in Manhattan. [The Cut]

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 07:51:31 pm »

Ok who understands that Brad Pitt is the new face of chanel nº5?

HC
Countess

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

Brad Pitt and Chanel  blink no I don't understand.

Besides I've never understood why Brad Pitt is considered good looking. He looks very average.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »

huh! The hell?
Isn't Chanel n5 a female perfume?  huh
I know that Angie and the kid's got an big influence on him but I'm pretty sure he still has his male bit's (at least I hope so!) easter-lol

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 08:05:43 pm »

Yeah that's the strange thing in all this, Chanel is woman's perfume. Don't know what they think, maybe that if we see that Brad Pitt likes woman who use chanel people will buy it?  huh

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 01:09:27 am »

This season I read- red, dark red especially in skirts are in.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 02:06:51 am »

^^MAJOR mistake with Pitt/Chanel.  I was also thinking WTH???  It makes zero sense and he's lost his sex appeal anyway, so whatever.

Red?  Oh my yes.  It's very hot.  I just bought a pair of red heeled sandals and I'm astonished how well they go with everything.  It spiced up a tired out wardrobe. Goes with navy, black, grey, white, the works.  They don't look it and they're sold out in red, or maybe were just in the store, but, hands down, the most sexy, comfy shoe I've ever owned.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/anyi-lu-tulip-slingback/3018397?origin=related-3018397-0-0-1-1

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:10 am »

A designer said stripes are coming in strong this year on blazers etc colorful ones. I hope is not those bold clown ones.-lol-

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »

I thought that had been done. I remember buying a couple of years ago blazers in bright colours and also stripes.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

Anything with stripes skirts etc.I did see alot of dark greens in the stores and white blazers with bold hot pink stripes it looked too much like a candycane.http://www.nbc.com/news-sports/today-show/2013/01/bold-stripes-metallic-predicting-2013-style-trends
http://www.oribe.com/index.php/explore/post/3064/bold-stripes/from:search/filter:all

terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:50 pm »

How to Look like a French Woman

Chic, effortless, sexy. When it comes to style, French women are somehow always able to put a modern twist on timeless classics and confidently make them their own.

It worked for Audrey Hepburn. easter-wink Thank you, Givenchy!  thumbsup

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/look-french-woman-lessons-paris-slideshow/

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: