Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 11:09:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ambassador for Diana, Princess of Wales Award is announced.  (Read 1449 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:36 am »

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=34878

Good Luck !! thumbsup

Diana is still helping charities make money ... all these years after her death.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:45:26 am »

How encouraging and heartfelt.  Good for you, as well, Harry!!!   thumbsup

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »

I find sad that neither Harry nor Wills try to keep their mother memory alive, for example hosting this event.

(Not saying that they don't remember her in private!!)

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »

Fortunately they do talk about her publicly --she was front and center during William and Kate's engagement interview. And Harry has said publicly she is his inspiration. He said she had "guts" .
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »

But I don't mean talking about her, just doing events about her.  dontknow

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:29:20 pm »

They sponsored the Memorial Concert. Though I t hink they could do more. Maybe there are some constraints put on them since perhaps Diana still makes some members of the Firm uncomfortable since it brings back memories that they perhaps want to bury. I think Harry and William should co-chair the Diana Memorial Fund for example.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »

Yes, that's what I mean!

Mada
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »

They sponsored the Memorial Concert. Though I t hink they could do more. Maybe there are some constraints put on them since perhaps Diana still makes some members of the Firm uncomfortable since it brings back memories that they perhaps want to bury. I think Harry and William should co-chair the Diana Memorial Fund for example.
I agree sandy.
If the Windsors were really smart, they would have let late Princess of Wales's son be involved in such a project. Instead of honoring her memory properly, they did try to bury her - totally. She brought positive things to them and they should have had the decency to honour that IMHO. I don't think the press would have tried so much to use Kate and make her into a new Diana if William and Harry had for a long time filled the void her death created by showing greater involvement in royal (duty) life, goodwill and positive actions.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 02:00:53 am »

Totally agree with all that has been said.

The Windsors/The Firm are still very threatened by Diana, when she died they were in very real danger of losing The Throne.. I can see William and Harry doing much more when HM is no more.

I wonder if her painting is back up in The National Gallery .. it was taken down for cleaning a couple of years ago... and they did say they would put it back... Angry

They cannot erase Diana, it doesnt matter what they do .. I think she would be amused by this. tehe

How dreadful for Charles  laugh
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:05:24 am by Tatiana » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: