Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 09:52:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee - How The Queen is Making Kate Middleton Great  (Read 5232 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »

What I am saying is ... none of us are privy to what HM is thinking.

I have no fondness for KM, but I do not presume to say HM feels that way.

No I believe she's just saying that KF is exaggerating in some of her posts,
HM has a good control on her emotions in public and in private (it's just the way she was raised)
So the idea that HM is foaming at the mouth on anything or acting all BFF with anyone is unthinkable,
She keeps most ppl at an arms length: those that she dislikes and even those who she cares about!

In that way she's an enigma really you can't tell what she's thinking half the time
She wears a very good mask in public and in private!

Thanks Akasha  thankyou

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 01:01:09 am »

Isn't Kate Middleton a 12th cousin of Prince William?

Nope. Kate is supposedly 15th cousins with Prince William. That is still in debate as this was not revealed until seven years into the relationship.  The 12th cousin nonsense was the media's attempt to connect Kate to Elizabeth Knollys granddaughter of Mary Boleyn but the connection was found to be false.  The media has to date refused to back track.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:03:05 am by Grey Mare » Logged
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:23 am »

Quote from Tatiana
Have any of you ever met HM  ?

Do any of you know any of her family ?

I doubt it very much, and quite frankly you have not one jot of an idea about her.

Say what you will, believe what you like.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth plays her hand close to her chest, always has done.

"glaze of destruction" .. this is not an american soap opera.. she is not in Dynasty.. for goodness sake.

She wont ever give up, on the life long promise she gave.

I wash my hands of this codswallop.

Please stop projecting your feelings of KM onto HM.

I don't quite get the connection between 'glaze of destruction' and Dynasty, which has been off the air for decades, but oh well, no worries.

No, I don't know any of the royal family personally and doubt very few do.  All I can go on is the PR that is allowed outside BP and direct quotes from the Royal Family themselves, i.e., PD/PC/PH and HM's comments whenever she says anything.  PD herself admitted that very few people got close to HM, so I'd be really interested to know what you are privy to, Tatiana, and how you broke through into the inner sanctum.  It would help a great deal because the last I heard HM plays her cards close to the vest, which is very wise.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »

I never said I was in her inner sanctum, what I did say is she is not "your regular" little old lady.

She is a stateswoman of 60 years experience, she is a constitutional monarch, and few know what she really thinks.

When posters say she is "spitting mad" and other assorted dramatic nonsense, I feel I need to address it.

Sorry, Tatiana, but I have yet to see any indication that Her Majesty appreciates Kate. Perhaps they're having slumber parties at Buckingham Palace and are painting each others' nails, but every interaction I've seen has shown a Queen that is merely tolerating Kate's presence.

I think HM at this point is in a kind of glaze at the destruction that has been wrought in the person of Kate. I think HM is going to end up giving up after hte Jubilee and I think that HM has just had too mcuh to bear. If I were HM, I would be openly glaring at her and seething and making sure that everyone knew it.

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »

When posters say she is "spitting mad" and other assorted dramatic nonsense, I feel I need to address it.

No offense, Tatiana.  Address it but do not be so condescending, since you are not privy to what HM is thinking either.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »

I never said I was in her inner sanctum, what I did say is she is not "your regular" little old lady.

She is a stateswoman of 60 years experience, she is a constitutional monarch, and few know what she really thinks.

Sorry, Tatiana, but I have yet to see any indication that Her Majesty appreciates Kate. Perhaps they're having slumber parties at Buckingham Palace and are painting each others' nails, but every interaction I've seen has shown a Queen that is merely tolerating Kate's presence.

I think HM at this point is in a kind of glaze at the destruction that has been wrought in the person of Kate. I think HM is going to end up giving up after hte Jubilee and I think that HM has just had too mcuh to bear. If I were HM, I would be openly glaring at her and seething and making sure that everyone knew it.

Tatiana, please indulge me; she is a stateswoman of sixty years who is watching her entire Diamond Jubilee being thrown into the trash, she has seen her family split into factions that were beginning ot heal, and she is watching a selfish hyoung woman usurp her rightful place in the spotlight and use the Jubilee to mooch off of aspiring fashion designers and get freebies that she might otherwise not get. If HM were fond of Kate, we would see it in a dozen differently expressed ways and we would end up seeing Kate look a lot healthier and a lot more relaxed, not looking for affection and approval from the cameras all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »

Gotcha GM . I stand corrected.

It was not my intention to come across that way.

Kuei Fei wrote ..."Tatiana, please indulge me; she is a stateswoman of sixty years who is watching her entire Diamond Jubilee being thrown into the trash, she has seen her family split into factions that were beginning ot heal, and she is watching a selfish hyoung woman usurp her rightful place in the spotlight"      

Dear Kuei Fei,

HM's Diamond Jubilee is not being thrown into the trash, not in the least.

The factions in her family were due to her son's issues.

No one, not even KM, can usurp her place in the spotlight... HM is beloved my most of her people, especially at this time.  KM is being made a star by the media, it is they who are trying to make her "the new Diana, but most of us dont pay her much attention.. honestly.

T
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:10:44 pm by Tatiana » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

See this is why I dislike the British press most of the times.  Angry
By putting COW on the front-pages all the time they make it look as if 75% of Britain is pro-Kate and want to read about her everyday!
But in reality 75% of Brit's are worrying more about their taxes and the job future then about what Kate or the RF is doing, they are page fillers in the newspapers.
As royal watchers we focus on something that most ppl hardly read about never mind care!

That's why I appreciate the input of Mousiekins, True Brit, and all our other UK members so much
Because they live there and have a more 'real' view on what's keeping the ppl of the UK awake at night (and I bet it's not Kate's latest dress)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 01:38:30 am »

^I, too, Akasha and you've made a very good point.  It's like saying all Americans are focused on the Kardashians, which they are not.  And, to make it perfectly clear, I do not mean to make a direct comparison between the BRF/WK and the Kardashians before some people get their shorts in a bunch.

^^That may be clear where you are coming from, Tatiana, but the media is global and from where I sit and perhaps others who live in the States and travel to other places than the UK, so far, the Jubilee IS all about Kate at this point and it's getting blurrier all the time as to what's going on. And whether it's the media driving that or not is irrelevant.  It just happens to be the way it is, as hard to swallow as that may be. 

There's money, advertising dollars, all sort of other issues pushing this event and I, for one, am sickened that WK is beginning to overshadow HM in the Jubilee and I hope somebody gets the message, but I doubt it.  To be honest, not that many people here even pay that much attention to the Jubilee.  It's lovely and HM deserves it and that's that, so how skinny is Waity?  Is she wearing hair extensions?  That's what people have been trained to care about.  I don't, but a lot do.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: