Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:55:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee - How The Queen is Making Kate Middleton Great  (Read 5234 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: January 31, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/31/diamond-jubilee-how-the-queen-is-making-kate-middleton-great-115875-23728173/

Odd (not) how this came out today.

One courtier recalls: “The Queen was so happy on the wedding day, she was practically skipping.
   laugh laugh

A source says: “There is a feeling that Kate and William are doing the right thing in the Queen’s eyes by not taking on too much so they can be fully involved with the charities they do support.

“And she is impressed by Kate’s clear sense of direction about what kind of causes she is interested in.”

What baloney.  This one is the worst yet, for me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

The title is ridiculous, even the jubilee cannot be only about the Queen.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/31/diamond-jubilee-how-the-queen-is-making-kate-middleton-great-115875-23728173/

Odd (not) how this came out today.

One courtier recalls: “The Queen was so happy on the wedding day, she was practically skipping.
   laugh laugh

A source says: “There is a feeling that Kate and William are doing the right thing in the Queen’s eyes by not taking on too much so they can be fully involved with the charities they do support.

“And she is impressed by Kate’s clear sense of direction about what kind of causes she is interested in.”

What baloney.  This one is the worst yet, for me.

I'm sure that at this point, the courtiers had to prevent HM from skipping off of a cliff and now Kate is takign attention from HM, as I KNEW she would.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:24:36 am »

HM, unlike her son, is not a jealous person... thought you might want to know that.

Dita
courtier

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:08:41 am »

I've seen happier faces at FUNERALS than I did at "The Royal Wedding of the Century (c)".  Mind, I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire thing, so maybe everyone was happy and joking whenever I turned away from the television. Maybe.  easter-wink
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

I don't think the Queen is jealous but she was not happy in the wedding day or at least she didn't feel fine.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:56:03 am »

I honestly believe that HM was in tears, or close, or at least stoical on the morning of the wedding, not at all skipping around. When you look at her outfit, it was so plain compared to the outfits she was beginning to wear and she was being so inventive. 

“There is a feeling that Kate and William are doing the right thing in the Queen’s eyes by not taking on too much so they can be fully involved with the charities they do support.

Feelings, as I was once told, are not facts. Neither William or Kate are involved in charity and neither are working or living anything like a normal military couple. Sickening that now even HM is being used to promote Kate, during a year that should be ALL ABOUT HM, not about Kate or William.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:06:17 am »

HM loves her grandson William, and wants him to be happy .. we might not appreciate Kate, but HM feels rather differently.

In the early days of her marriage, HM was abroad, and with other Navy wives.

William has his career, as did Philip.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:08:43 am by Tatiana » Logged

Dita
courtier

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:45:33 am »

Sorry, Tatiana, but I have yet to see any indication that Her Majesty appreciates Kate. Perhaps they're having slumber parties at Buckingham Palace and are painting each others' nails, but every interaction I've seen has shown a Queen that is merely tolerating Kate's presence.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:32:34 am »

^ thumbsup

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:03 am »

Skipping?,My grandmum is about 70 and she finds it hard to skip or run fast...are you kidding me... snob...I could see if they said well she was smiling and full of bliss but does anyone see the queen in their heads "Skipping" bogus!

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:56 am »

How many ladies in their 80's still ride horses?  HM does.

HM's face in public does not always betray what she is feeling.

I would much rather trust those who are closer to HM and the RF in general, than a photo or a video clip.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 09:23:16 am »

Sorry, Tatiana, but I have yet to see any indication that Her Majesty appreciates Kate. Perhaps they're having slumber parties at Buckingham Palace and are painting each others' nails, but every interaction I've seen has shown a Queen that is merely tolerating Kate's presence.

I think HM at this point is in a kind of glaze at the destruction that has been wrought in the person of Kate. I think HM is going to end up giving up after hte Jubilee and I think that HM has just had too mcuh to bear. If I were HM, I would be openly glaring at her and seething and making sure that everyone knew it.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 12:41:07 am »

Have any of you ever met HM  ?

Do any of you know any of her family ?

I doubt it very much, and quite frankly you have not one jot of an idea about her.

Say what you will, believe what you like.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth plays her hand close to her chest, always has done.

"glaze of destruction" .. this is not an american soap opera.. she is not in Dynasty.. for goodness sake.

She wont ever give up, on the life long promise she gave.

I wash my hands of this codswallop.

Please stop projecting your feelings of KM onto HM.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:49:20 am by Tatiana » Logged

ChickP83
royal watcher

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:20 am »

^Ummmmmm... So what are you saying Tatiana? You know that Queen Elizabeth likes Kate? Or appreciates her? You have a source from inside the royal family?

BTW you said that you're an 18th cousin of someone in the Royal Family. Isn't Kate Middleton a 12th cousin of Prince William? You have a connection to the royal family but she doesn't except William?

What life long promise that HM gave is she not giving up on exactly?

I'm confused
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:37 am »

No I believe she's just saying that KF is exaggerating in some of her posts,
HM has a good control on her emotions in public and in private (it's just the way she was raised)
So the idea that HM is foaming at the mouth on anything or acting all BFF with anyone is unthinkable,
She keeps most ppl at an arms length: those that she dislikes and even those who she cares about!

In that way she's an enigma really you can't tell what she's thinking half the time
She wears a very good mask in public and in private!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 01:57:32 am »

This is all becoming about Kate, as if Kate is the one who MADE the Jubilee happen.

minime
courtier

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 06:27:57 am »

Have any of you ever met HM  ?

Do any of you know any of her family ?

I doubt it very much, and quite frankly you have not one jot of an idea about her.

Say what you will, believe what you like.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth plays her hand close to her chest, always has done.

"glaze of destruction" .. this is not an american soap opera.. she is not in Dynasty.. for goodness sake.

She wont ever give up, on the life long promise she gave.

I wash my hands of this codswallop.

Please stop projecting your feelings of KM onto HM.

hi  hello

if you don't mind could you elaborate a bit more? what do the BRF think of Kate then, especially Princess Anne, Harry, Philip and HM and you? Do you know what Phillip thinks of Germany? I am really dying to know  nervous  Embarrassed
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:26 am »

BS
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:09 am »

HM's lifelong oath?.  Firstly the declaration she made on her 21st birthday in South Africa when she "Declared before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and to the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong..............

But perhaps even more important and even more binding in her eyes was the Coronation Oath. 

I do not believe for one instant that she will negate either of those oaths.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: