Royal Gossip
May 24, 2019, 04:33:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Diana's Marriage  (Read 48109 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »

fee ?

Fee-fi-fo-fum,
I smell the blood of an Englishman,
Be he alive, or be he dead
I'll have his bones to grind my bread   tehe
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:15:26 pm by Tatiana » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:51 pm »

^ huh
You ok hon? blink
Didn't know you were a poet?! easter-lol
A bit of a dark rhyme but oh well.. easter-wink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:54:13 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »

Sounds like a very bloody scottish song.  Carole making lovepotion for Wills

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ivy
royal watcher

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:28 am »

Read my post I said nobody can ever know how the relationship would have turned out because the two died. It is immaterial how you project my "feelings" about them which are irrevelant since neither you nor I can possibly know how it would have all turned out.
--Whether the affair was a fling or something more serious, the affair reflects poorly on Diana. 

Hasnet Khan was not exactly secret. People knew about him at the time. He did not want to go public and probably knew he was not going to marry Diana. So Diana moved on. Women do this when they date and after her horrible marriage to Charles I doubt Diana would go rushing into another marriage but that didn't mean she didn't want to remarry at all (once she found the rght person).  BTW DIana did want to go public when Hasnet did not  and after a while she dropped him.
--So, the affair with Khan was not public, but "people" knew about him at the time. Diana chased Khan relentlessly. She befriended his family in England (it's a pattern with her; she did the same thing with Hewitt). During the trip to Pakistan, she went and met his family without telling him. That's pretty manipulative. BTW, how do you know what was going on between them. Sounds like some mind-reading going on. easter-wink

How was Diana "indiscreet". WOuld you want her to wear a mu mu or not go to the top deck of a ship. She was the most photographed woman in the world. Even WIlliam and Kate got photographed on a yacht  wearing bathing attire and being affectionate with each oher would you call them "indiscreet" or just DIana.
-Diana was indiscreet because she publicly flaunted her affair when she could have kept it on the down low and protected her children from the embarassment. Diana was quite selfish in doing photocalls with Dodi and letting everyone know this was a sexual relationship. No kid wants to know about their parents' sex life and worst of all have the entire world know including their friends.

Camilla's party took place in the first marital home of Charles and Diana and where the boys grew up. Diana even decorated Highgrove as a young bride. Perhaps she found Charles flauntng Camilla there of all places in rather bad taste.
-Relationships end. And things change. The marriage was over. They were divorced when Charles threw the 50th birthday party for Camilla.  After the separation was announced, Charles asked Camila to redecorate the house in the style they like. Charles and Camilla are couple. During the marital discord, Charles made Highgrove his base and Diana made Kensington Palace hers.

Diana did not go after "the firist available single man." You make her sound like some sort of desperate reject when she was one of the most iconic women in the world. She wanted to date and didn't "go after" Dodi, from what I read he pursued her because she was a desireable woman.
--She probably didn't go after Dodi, but she accepted his overtures. He was a sleazy guy with a cocaine habit. His father created a fortune selling arms. Poor Diana could not see that she was being used by Fayed Sr. He was found to have bribed many members of Parliament. He was a pariah witht the Establishment. I think part of the attraction to Dodi was to stick it to the Establishment.

And Diana was NOT a desperate reject. I think she was really hurting. It must of finally hit her that Charles would never love her. Even if Camilla was not in the picture, I think he would have left her anyways. They just weren't meant to be together.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 02:14:21 am »

Charles later admited he felt "forced" to marry Diana. I think it a cop out since at 32 I don't think he could be forced. He had no business marryiing Diana if he knew he didn't love her or felt he couldn't be without his mistress. That was just wrong. Charles should have been honest and not used Diana to produce his heirs which I think he saw as the main reason for the marriage. If he wanted a marriage of conveniece perhaps Camilla could have found someone who would lke the life of luxury but be willing o share Charles. Perhaps someone from the Highgrove set.

Why would Diana dating someone (she did not even get engaged to Dodi) reflect "badly" upon her. The poor woman is dead why throw stones at her for dating Dodi. I think it very judgmental and rather harsh. It was Diana's business and she was free to date. I doubt she was ready to remarry so what was she supposed to do sit home looking at her ex's photograph.

From what I read Hasnet did quite a lot of chasing himself. He admitted he cared a great deal for Diana and he would have private dinner dates with her at KP. He admitted that he did some pursung. HOnestly Ivy you continue to make Diana some desperate reject. She was perhaps one of the most desirable iconic women of her time. And how do you know how manipulative Diana was do you know what was going on in her mind. I perceive that she did nothing right in your eyes.

DOdi was not by all accounts doing "coke" when he dated Diana. His ex wife at the time he dated Diana had the nicest things to say about him. He had a father who perhaps overindulged him and he tried to get out of his father's shadow. I think you should be more charitable with Dodi, Ivy. The poor guy is dead after all.

I don't think a couple kissing publicly is an indicator that sex is necessarily going on. Unless Dodi and Diana were stark naked and something was "going on" how on earth do you know what actually happened between them. William and Kate kissed publicly on a yacht -while they dated and perhaps had something sexual going on. So what if they did. IT's the couple's business. Sarah Ferguson did have intimate pics that the paps took with her lover. Diana and Dodi's "kiss" was very very tame in comparison with Fergie's topless pics

How do you know William and Harry were embarrassed I don't think they thought their Mum would marry Dodi. Unless they had huge double standards abou Papa and Mama (Papa was living with his mistress and they knew he was involved with her) then they would have been hypocrites to rail about how pics of their mother sunbathing with her boyfriend arecc "lewd" . I guess their father wanting to be reincarnated as his mistress' personal products box is downrigh upright.

The point is Camilla WAS in the picture so how on earth do you know that perhaps without the mistress' interference maybe Diana and Charles could have had a shot at achieving a marriage. It is difficult for any woman whose husband has a possessive manipulative mistress lving within driving distance.

Of course Charles gets a free pass yet again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:18:37 am by sandy » Logged
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 03:57:13 am »

tss tss...Diana confronted Camilla at a party she said to camii "don't make me out as a fool I know what is going on" and Charles was all over diana like a bad rash,both are at fault but Diana is at rest so she is not here to defend herself.
Has anyone here been in a horrid marriage?,better yet a royal one where you can't just pick up and leave,diana was worried about her children if she came out the wrong way the royals could say she was crazy and take the boys away.So just like Charles she had many affairs,she wasn't getting none from her hubby so she got some from some where else,wouldn't you?.Doing all that hard work and yet not being loved by your own husban.

google "Diana secret tapes" she gives alot of insight on her marriage and camilla that I saw and was stunned.
part1-6 and it was helpful for me to understand the situation alot more.

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 10:51:24 am »

But why is it that Prince Charles is a monster for cheating but Diana cheats and all excuses in the world are made? If Diana cheated because she had an unhappy marriage and is excused for it why can't it be that her husband cheated because he was unhappy? I mean if being unhappy gives you a free pass for cheating on your spouse then Prince Charles should get a free pass too the man was unhappy .
sandy
Princess

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »

Well I see a lot of Camilla people giving her a free pass because APB cheated on her. Unlike Diana, Camilla could have gotten a divorce very easily and walked away. Diana was more or less stuck in the bad marriage which became a facade. Charles from what I read was not exactly outraged at Diana being with Hewitt--it gave him more time with Camilla without his wife' complaining abou it.
milagro
courtier

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:16 pm »

But why is it that Prince Charles is a monster for cheating but Diana cheats and all excuses in the world are made? If Diana cheated because she had an unhappy marriage and is excused for it why can't it be that her husband cheated because he was unhappy? I mean if being unhappy gives you a free pass for cheating on your spouse then Prince Charles should get a free pass too the man was unhappy .
Because Charles started cheating first, and Diana didn't until he abandoned her. If Charles was unhappy it was entirely his own doing. As said above he was a grown man and should have known better than marry a woman whom he neither loved nor could be faithful to.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »

Wasn't Diana told by the DoE that she should limit the cheating in the family?

For me the problem is not cheating at all, but that Diana was very naive nineteen years old who was manipulated by C&C to marry.

Cheating is part of the aristo way of living but marry someone who wants to play the game not a child who think that is in love with you.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 06:04:43 pm »

Because Charles started cheating first, and Diana didn't until he abandoned her. If Charles was unhappy it was entirely his own doing. As said above he was a grown man and should have known better than marry a woman whom he neither loved nor could be faithful to.
What is this kindergarten? He started cheating circa 1986 she started cheating in 1986 as well neither one is "better" than the other ...cheating is cheating end of story.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:26 pm »

Charles and APB and Camilla had this "arrangement" whereby Charles could be with Camilla and APB had his own extra marital affairs. I think if Charles and Camilla wanted to pick out his perfect wife, it would have been someone from the Highgrove set who knew the rules--she would play nice and be BFF with Camilla and be civilized about Charles being with Camilla.  I think it showed some naivete for C and C to think Diana would fall into line that way like APB did. I think Charles himself had a "concept" of marriage that may have looked good in his imagination but not in reality.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »

^ huh
You ok hon? blink
Didn't know you were a poet?! easter-lol
A bit of a dark rhyme but oh well.. easter-wink

In William Shakespeare's play King Lear, the character of Edgar exclaims:

Fee, foh, and fum,
I smell the blood of a British man.

Since you used the word Fee.. I was wondering what you meant.

Last time I looked The Bard was not a scot  easter-lol

Milagro . bless your heart .. " Because Charles started cheating first, and Diana didn't until he abandoned her. If Charles was unhappy it was entirely his own doing. As said above he was a grown man and should have known better than marry a woman whom he neither loved nor could be faithful to".  thumbsup

ONE slight detail .. Camilla Parker Bowles began weekly telephone sessions with reporter/editor Stuart Higgins in 1982, telling him nasty anti Diana stuff .. if one believes that she and chucky were not doing the "Mr Wobbly hides his helmet" then, not till 1986 ...  then pray why would she do such a thing huh?..... such a lovely woman isnt she .. wopedo

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:22:26 pm by Tatiana » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 12:11:14 am »

Oh right... oops  easter-akasha
Looks like I have to brush up on the classics huh  tehe
I know of Shakespeare of course, I know the general idea behind most of his works but I'm not familiar with any details of his plays really.
Since I was raised outside an English-speaking country I didn't read any of his work for literature in school, and I never good round it since. Embarrassed

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2012, 01:25:09 am »

tehe

Sarah Bradford wrote this in her book on Diana  .. She states this went on from 1982 (the year William was born) until the Wales announced they were separated.

For years Camilla had secret --off-the-record telephone conversations with the editor of the Sun newspaper, Stuart Higgins - a curious relationship which illustrated the web of understanding and complicity in the circle around Charles.

'I didn't sense that she and the Prince were out of touch,' Higgins recalled. ' I talked to her once a week about Diana and Charles. She guided me on things that were not true or things that were off the beam.'

He would run stories past her as a check and he could hear her, hand half- cupped over the receiver, repeating them to her husband. ' Guess what they're saying about us now, Andrew,' she would call out, and even the tabloid editor was astonished by their openness about her affair with Charles.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:27:08 am by Tatiana » Logged

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:44 am »

I heard somewhere Charles saying he was faithful for "about a month"... he was with Camilla the whole time... even if not physically the whole time (he had other mistresses as well) he was emotionally with Camilla, let her be his puppet master, talking to her about his marriage, problems, let her decide how many children they should have (even though Charles wanted a daughter and Diana wanted more children in general), etc. That puts Charles cheating at 1981 and Diana at 1986.

And for the record, I do not excuse either of them for cheating (adultery is ALWAYS wrong), but I do have more sympathy for Diana because her husband neglected her and because she married so young... her brain wasn't even done developing, and at 20 you aren't even the person you're going to be yet. Also, there was no way for divorce because they couldn't get divorced until HM ORDERED them to get one because things had gotten so bad from BOTH parties. Charles made the "there can never be divorce" rule clear when he proposed to Diana.

I don't believe the "great love" story because if Charles and Camilla were so "in love" then why did Camilla marry Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973? That is EIGHT YEARS before Charles married Diana. If they were so "in love" then wouldn't she have waited until after Charles married, until she was absolutely sure they could not be together before they got married? If that was the case then Camilla would have married in 1982 (at least) or not at all.

And about the "Charles had to marry a virgin" crap, Sarah married Pr. Andrew in 1986 and openly admitted to not being a virgin when they got married. The press put a nice spin on it and people liked her (at least at the time; nowadays she isn't all that popular). Better marry someone who isn't a virgin than to marry a divorcee (or twice-divorced woman as was the case with Wallis Simpson). Loss of virginity, things happen, people think they're in love, etc. But second marriages have like a 70% chance of failure, even higher for 3rd, 4th, etc. marriages, so it's not good for a monarch or future monarch to marry a divorcee. A monarch needs a stable marriage.

And people might say "oh, Andrew is only second in line so it didn't matter as much who he married"... don't forget that Elizabeth II's father was also Duke of York and was "only second in line".
milagro
courtier

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 09:12:40 am »

Tatiana, I didn't even know that, it makes C&C's behaviour more disgusting.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:18 am »

I heard somewhere Charles saying he was faithful for "about a month"... he was with Camilla the whole time... even if not physically the whole time (he had other mistresses as well) he was emotionally with Camilla, let her be his puppet master, talking to her about his marriage, problems, let her decide how many children they should have (even though Charles wanted a daughter and Diana wanted more children in general), etc. That puts Charles cheating at 1981 and Diana at 1986.

And for the record, I do not excuse either of them for cheating (adultery is ALWAYS wrong), but I do have more sympathy for Diana because her husband neglected her and because she married so young... her brain wasn't even done developing, and at 20 you aren't even the person you're going to be yet. Also, there was no way for divorce because they couldn't get divorced until HM ORDERED them to get one because things had gotten so bad from BOTH parties. Charles made the "there can never be divorce" rule clear when he proposed to Diana.

I don't believe the "great love" story because if Charles and Camilla were so "in love" then why did Camilla marry Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973? That is EIGHT YEARS before Charles married Diana. If they were so "in love" then wouldn't she have waited until after Charles married, until she was absolutely sure they could not be together before they got married? If that was the case then Camilla would have married in 1982 (at least) or not at all.

And about the "Charles had to marry a virgin" crap, Sarah married Pr. Andrew in 1986 and openly admitted to not being a virgin when they got married. The press put a nice spin on it and people liked her (at least at the time; nowadays she isn't all that popular). Better marry someone who isn't a virgin than to marry a divorcee (or twice-divorced woman as was the case with Wallis Simpson). Loss of virginity, things happen, people think they're in love, etc. But second marriages have like a 70% chance of failure, even higher for 3rd, 4th, etc. marriages, so it's not good for a monarch or future monarch to marry a divorcee. A monarch needs a stable marriage.

And people might say "oh, Andrew is only second in line so it didn't matter as much who he married"... don't forget that Elizabeth II's father was also Duke of York and was "only second in line".
Yes he was having an "emotional affair" if you call talking to your confident about your mess of a marriage that...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 02:30:22 pm »

Yep, it's always healthy to go to the mistress (who has her own agenda) for marital advice instead of going to a marraige counselor.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »

A marriage that he decided to start because of selfish reasons.

Sandy check the C&C news thread!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: